ADVERTISEMENT

Brightwell (STG) Offer

Glad to see his work being rewarded - he's one heck of a player. Believe he also has offer from Monmouth and am sure more to come. Earlier rumors had been he was transferring out of St George's. Anybody have an update on that?

Glad to see his work being rewarded - he's one heck of a player. Believe he also has offer from Monmouth and am sure more to come. Earlier rumors had been he was transferring out of St George's. Anybody have an update on that?
Heard he didn't pass entry test for Caravel.

Brightwell was going to leave because word was coach Maull was going to leave the program. Glad both have stayed and will work to get that monkey off their backs.

Last I heard he was going to St Joes Prep Philly so who knows.. but if what the poster above says is true then IMHO that may be the best thing for him stay and finish out his SR year where he started and go from there..

Last edited:
Brightwell showed up on St Frances Hudl roster a few weeks ago.Now he is not on it. This is a mystery..lol

PA Board had the young man pegged to be a Ridley Green Raider, but now it's also suspected he will be a Concord High.

Cheers,

Busch

good grief! This is like the old "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego" game lol anyone remember that one

Reactions: jwb703
good grief! This is like the old "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego" game lol anyone remember that one
All this doesn't matter, if it is true he couldn't pass a high school entry exam, he has bigger issues than football. IF he ends up at Temple or any other decent college?

Especially caravel...hell back in the day they helped you with the answers if you were a player.

I can't speak on back in the day but the last 3 years there has been quite a few very good players apply and not test in. Transcript grades weigh heavy as well. I am not saying the test is overly difficult but If they dont think you can maintain 2.5 on their curriculum it would be dumb to admit the student then have to send them packing at the end of the year.. Which does happen..

Last edited:
Where ever he ends up, hopefully he'll get the academics straight (I vote for anyplace that's NOT a DE Div 2 school!) and be able to go onto Temple. Would be a shame to let such a good educational opportunity slip away, and an awful waste of talent.

Anyone know where Tyrique Woodland landed? He was listed as a SR for ECA next season. I assume maybe back to Glasgow? Bonemup?

RR- I'm hearing that Noah Taylor is at Caravel. Not sure if it is true, but that is a great pick up for the Bucs. I'm not sure if he is a junior or senior, but I know he bounced around a bit between ECA and DeMatha and he played at Penn last year. If he is there, do you know if DIAA has cleared him?

A.I.Pride
RR- I'm hearing that Noah Taylor is at Caravel. Not sure if it is true, but that is a great pick up for the Bucs. I'm not sure if he is a junior or senior, but I know he bounced around a bit between ECA and DeMatha and he played at Penn last year. If he is there, do you know if DIAA has cleared him?

A.I.Pride - Yes he is at Caravel. Not sure if he is cleared though.

Yeah he is in CA pretty sure he is a JR.. He moved to a different school district no waiver needed...should be good to go and from what I heard from this Summer he really has matured and knows what he needs to do to be successful at CA..

CA got 3 ECA kids 1 of them Swann transferred in mid year last year and Granger and Bowe this summer.. Although Swann played 7on7 and attended the team cook out his Mom pulled him from CA unannounced last Wednesday and he transferred to St Frances... Thats the story on the CA transfers..

Last edited:
Ahhhhh so that's why CA is doing well. They got a bunch of Sills University's cast offs.

How do you feel about that Birdcock? If I recall you weren't a fan of ECA...are you okay with their kids coming in and propping up CA? Sure you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: spartakos
I don't care where the kids are from. If they want to apply to CA and can get in then who am I to stop them? They certainly are in a better educational environment then from whence they came. I have no problem with ECA or its kids. I didn't care for their educational system though.. I hope all the ECA kids find a home and finish their education.. Could care less about football when it comes to that

Yeah he is in CA pretty sure he is a JR.. He moved to a different school district no waiver needed...should be good to go and from what I heard from this Summer he really has matured and knows what he needs to do to be successful at CA..

CA got 3 ECA kids 1 of them Swann transferred in mid year last year and Granger and Bowe this summer.. Although Swann played 7on7 and attended the team cook out his Mom pulled him from CA unannounced last Wed and he transferred to St Frances... Thats the story on the CA transfers..

I've seen that rule from public to public and private to public, but have never seen how it worked from public to private. That's interesting and adds a new dynamic to my understanding of the rules.

@AI the rule in short is if you move you can make a one time choice to any school you want here is the rule

2.4.4.3.3 The transfer is the result of a change in residence by the custodial parent(s), legal guardian(s) or Relative Caregiver to the attendance zone of a public school that student was not attending. If, as a result of the change of residence, the student could now enroll in a different public school, the student may make a one-time election and select any school including a private school. A change in residence has occurred when all occupancy of the previous residence has ended and a new legal residence has been established. Maintaining dual residency for purposes of athletic eligibility shall render the student ineligible.

Last edited:
Brightwell running back teammate Ortiz has transferred to William Penn. STG will have a tough year. So many shoes to fill.

Also heard Big nose tackle from Sallies is at AI now. Can anyone confirm?

@AI the rule in short is if you move you can make a one time choice to any school you want here is the rule

2.4.4.3.3 The transfer is the result of a change in residence by the custodial parent(s), legal guardian(s) or Relative Caregiver to the attendance zone of a public school that student was not attending. If, as a result of the change of residence, the student could now enroll in a different public school, the student may make a one-time election and select any school including a private school. A change in residence has occurred when all occupancy of the previous residence has ended and a new legal residence has been established. Maintaining dual residency for purposes of athletic eligibility shall render the student ineligible.

Thanks RR

WP HC Told me 3 weeks ago they got the Kid from the Sals. Also Were getting a rising 9th grader from ECA that is about the same size.

ECA kid.. Jonathan Wallace DL/OL 6'4 320 9th
Your good RR ! where does Brightwell live ?
Also look out for 2018 SS Isaiah Gaynor who transferred from ECA last midseason.

Hes a Absolute baller, I see him being one of the Top RBs in the state if he gets his touches this year. Defense he is already in the convo for one of the top hitters IMO. I see him having a breakout year in his first full season for the Colonials

Also 2018 RB Leddie Brown from ECA is still looking around, Last I heard he is trying to stay in DE at Smyna, and Glasgow (Has residences in both places)

Also look out for 2018 SS Isaiah Gaynor who transferred from ECA last midseason.

Hes a Absolute baller, I see him being one of the Top RBs in the state if he gets his touches this year. Defense he is already in the convo for one of the top hitters IMO. I see him having a breakout year in his first full season for the Colonials

HS I believe he moved into Concords district but that doesn't matter DE as I am sure you know has school choice. He can choose any school he wants that has room. Same goes for Leddie Brown.. with ECA closing he has a free transfer to any school he chooses.. You will have to keep us updated on Brown,Miller and Barker

HS I believe he moved into Concords district but that doesn't matter DE as I am sure you know has school choice. He can choose any school he wants that has room. Same goes for Leddie Brown.. with ECA closing he has a free transfer to any school he chooses.. You will have to keep us updated on Brown,Wilson and Barker
Wilson ?
Last I checked Barker and a 2018 WR tested at Caravel on Monday.

I dont think Brown even Knows about the Choice system to that extent.

Wilson ?
Last I checked Barker and a 2018 WR tested at Caravel on Monday.

I dont think Brown even Knows about the Choice system to that extent.

I knew Barker was looking at CA but last I heard he was headed to St Frances.. I knew the incoming freshman WR was testing this week.. CA has a two year starter returning as a SR at QB. That would be a tough decision for any coach to make to switch for a SR transfer. If I were the coach he would have to come in as a backup and see where it goes.. Barker is a very good baseball player though and CA has a great baseball program so maybe all that weighs in for him as well.

yeah Brown can choose any school he wants, providing he can get there.. There are some bussing changes and limitations but if he was getting to ECA he should have no problem getting whatever DE school he chooses

I have to ask a question. How well does the ECA transcript transfer to Delaware? Or is that even an issue?

So what's your relation to this Gaynor kid? Brother? Mother? Father?

Reactions: spartakos
I have to ask a question. How well does the ECA transcript transfer to Delaware? Or is that even an issue?

Not an issue.National Connections Academy is accredited.. the only issue is when they started HS classes and the four year clock for those that re classed..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT