ADVERTISEMENT

Brightwell (STG) Offer

That makes sense. Thank you sir for the context. I was genuinely interested in that logic.

Don't be so salty. I understand that there's a degree of tension because there's a new sheriff in town, but it's best to comply as opposed to resisting

That makes sense. Thank you sir for the context. I was genuinely interested in that logic.

Don't be so salty. I understand that there's a degree of tension because there's a new sheriff in town, but it's best to comply as opposed to resisting

yeah ok there Deputy Dog

RR you are saying you were drinkin the cool aid when your family was a little strapped financially and you knew that "your son didn't have to play football in college" right ?

Reactions: spartakos
RR you are saying you were drinkin the cool aid when your family was a little strapped financially and you knew that "your son didn't have to play football in college" right ?

No I am saying I didnt know then what I know now. HS there is more to it that I am not willing to share here . Then I was in dire straights and the religious aspect appealed to us as well..we were searching for anything.. To set the record straight we wouldn't change any of our decisions.. They all lead us to the great place we are in now..like I said things happen for a reason,,

No I am saying I didnt know then what I know now..then I was in dire straights and the religious aspect appealed to us as well..we were searching for anything.. To set the record straight we wouldn't change any of our decisions.. They all lead us to the great place we are in now..like I said things happen for a reason
Oh no, I completely agree on your logic.

I just want to point out that it took a change in your financial status to "know" more.

These kids that think football/sports is/are the only way, are from pretty bad situations at home, and that's including financial. Financial being so bad they wouldn't even get to redlion (for an example) if they didn't get it all paid (football/bball).

So this is why if these kids think they need to bounce around schools in order to better their self I don't fault them because atleast the WANT to better themselves.

Oh no, I completely agree on your logic.

I just want to point out that it took a change in your financial status to "know" more.

These kids that think football/sports is/are the only way, are from pretty bad situations at home, and that's including financial. Financial being so bad they wouldn't even get to redlion (for an example) if they didn't get it all paid (football/bball).

So this is why if these kids think they need to bounce around schools in order to better their self I don't fault them because atleast the WANT to better themselves.

Very Good point.. I also know its important to be in a conducive environment and sometimes that means leaving the neighborhood and living with a host family. For the kids your talking about no one blames them.. but I think were talking about kids from the burbs and parents chasing that chest thump.. two different things really

Could not agree more that athletes need to be better educated on ALL the ways they can get to college. Their true value and potential is so much greater than just their athletic ability, and there are usually other affordable ways for them to further their education if they make education a priority.

Every kid in DE should be made aware of the SEED program.. Its outstanding and you dont even need a high a GPA or SAT to get in...The SEED program offers no excuse for any kid in DE wants to go to College .. No matter what HS they attend

The Delaware SEED Scholarship Program is offered by the State of Delaware and covers tuition for full-time students enrolled in the Associate in Arts Program. SEED Scholarships are granted to Delaware residents who graduate from a Delaware high school with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, enter directly into the AAP from high school, and have not been convicted of a felony. Enrollment in at least 24 credits per academic year and a 2.5 GPA must be maintained to continue eligibility while in the Associate in Arts Program.

For freshmen who will be entering the Associate in Arts Program, the University of Delaware will award SEED Scholarships to as many eligible students as State funding will allow. In selecting students, UD will give priority to students who have the most financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). UD begins reviewing new students in March; it is strongly recommended that families file their FAFSAs (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) by the end of February for first consideration.

Last edited:
So I am hearing the MIAA is really cracking down on St Frances,, Not only from the Baltimore Sun Forum but have heard it before from othesr I know in the system but just waited for it to get posted to speak on it.. For those that don't know St Frances was set up to help inner city Baltimore youth.. Lately it has money guys coming in mainly Poggi and McGreggor trying to build a National program.. The school is in one of the worst parts of the city adjacent to the city jail and has pretty much no facilities along with a week academic reputation(week as in comparison to other MIAA privates but better than the inner city publics)

Somehow they are able to sell the program and are bringing kids in from all over the state including Delaware kids... They claim to have dorms .. What the Dorms are is really Father Joubert Homeless House which he built to house homeless Baltimore City kids so they could have shelter and meals and attend the school.. Its now being used to house athletes from all over the state... That is a shame.. This wont last long ..once the very territorial Baltimore residents in the area realize their kids are being shut out to cater to outsiders to chase some National thing they will revolt

http://www.abell.org/case-studies/st-frances-academy-father-joubert-house-homeless-boarding-program

I bring this up as it pertains to the conversation as to what parents will subject their kids to to chase that chest thump and scholly

Last edited:
raven, you don't need my affirmation but you are a good man...best of luck with all the family stuff.

Reactions: spartakos
Ches thank you I'll take all the affirmation I can get,, :) but no worries the family thing is as good as it gets for now lol

Very Good point.. I also know its important to be in a conducive environment and sometimes that means leaving the neighborhood and living with a host family. For the kids your talking about no one blames them.. but I think were talking about kids from the burbs and parents chasing that chest thump.. two different things really
Yupp agree completely

Every kid in DE should be made aware of the SEED program.. Its outstanding and you dont even need a high a GPA or SAT to get in...The SEED program offers no excuse for any kid in DE wants to go to College .. No matter what HS they attend

The Delaware SEED Scholarship Program is offered by the State of Delaware and covers tuition for full-time students enrolled in the Associate in Arts Program. SEED Scholarships are granted to Delaware residents who graduate from a Delaware high school with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, enter directly into the AAP from high school, and have not been convicted of a felony. Enrollment in at least 24 credits per academic year and a 2.5 GPA must be maintained to continue eligibility while in the Associate in Arts Program.

For freshmen who will be entering the Associate in Arts Program, the University of Delaware will award SEED Scholarships to as many eligible students as State funding will allow. In selecting students, UD will give priority to students who have the most financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). UD begins reviewing new students in March; it is strongly recommended that families file their FAFSAs (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) by the end of February for first consideration.

Seems like I'm reading the Basketball board! Books, books, books.

right if he wants to but he was steadfast in his philosophy last year.. no one played both ways.. To be honest Sallies should have won that game.. Smyrna's defensive backfield was not good.and they werent good this summer in 7v7 either.(all the best athletes played O) It was obvious from the get go they were selling out to stop Reeder.. all Sallies had to do was throw the ball more and back them off,, but for whatever reason they just kept giving the ball to Reeder to run into a stacked box.. In DE you have to have your best athletes play both ways.. we dont have schools like in Texas with 4 to 6 thousand kids or even like in VA with 3k+ kids.. I pin that loss solely on the Salls OC.. Once I realize the opponent has 6 or 7 guys assigned to my stud my stud becomes a decoy until they change up

....RR- we agree on a lot but no way Sals should have won that game. For starters-like you mentioned, the Coaching. they were flat out outcoached all the way around. O and D. Smyrna looked at the film and went to work. Sals went into the game "knowing they were gonna win"- that was right from the locker room!
....Now- keep in mind I had Sals at #1 preseason and all the way through the season but when all the dust settled-it was very clear to me that Salesianum was a good team with 1 great player. Other than that-they were overrated.
....As for passing the ball???....seriously? they couldn't ....and that's not saying they did not have the talent, but they did not get enough reps in cause they planned on riding the R Train until it got derailed....well they ran smack dab into a better squad and total team effort (coaching included).
....Sals could have won-no doubt, but to say they should have is a big NO!......they got beat and should have.

....RR- we agree on a lot but no way Sals should have won that game. For starters-like you mentioned, the Coaching. they were flat out outcoached all the way around. O and D. Smyrna looked at the film and went to work. Sals went into the game "knowing they were gonna win"- that was right from the locker room!
....Now- keep in mind I had Sals at #1 preseason and all the way through the season but when all the dust settled-it was very clear to me that Salesianum was a good team with 1 great player. Other than that-they were overrated.
....As for passing the ball???....seriously? they couldn't ....and that's not saying they did not have the talent, but they did not get enough reps in cause they planned on riding the R Train until it got derailed....well they ran smack dab into a better squad and total team effort (coaching included).
....Sals could have won-no doubt, but to say they should have is a big NO!......they got beat and should have.
Jawnsky, I'll say right from the get go, Smyrna was the better team that day and deserved to win. I'm wondering if Sallies had their senior 2 yr starter at QB would that have influenced the play calling and maybe the outcome. The 10th grader we saw had talent but leadership in his first start?

How did this turn into a Slowsky Discussion? Jawnsky has some points but if you have a 12 point lead with 8 minutes left and you are a winner you win. Smyrna won.

Rumor has it that the Slowkys will be mired in mediocrity this year. Also, there is a rumor that Bayard is being redesigned so that the train will run in front of the stands so fans will not have to watch and avoid the pain. Here is the model:

@Sir Bummy
that is your best post yet!!
I hate that train almost as much as I hate those stupid cow bells...)

Reactions: Jawnsky
Jawnsky, I'll say right from the get go, Smyrna was the better team that day and deserved to win. I'm wondering if Sallies had their senior 2 yr starter at QB would that have influenced the play calling and maybe the outcome. The 10th grader we saw had talent but leadership in his first start?

Let me simplify and rephrase what I was trying to say.... "IF" Sals was able to pass the ball and take advantage of Smyrna's what in my opinion was a weak defensive backfield then they should have won the game. Apparently they couldn't .. actually they didn't have to pass all they had to do was get Reeder loose vs the DB's and he wins that as proven in the first game when they couldn't tackle him.. I was in no way saying Smyrna didn't deserve to win.. Hell I was rooting for them

Last edited:
Let me simplify and rephrase what I was trying to say.... "IF" Sals was able to pass the ball and take advantage of Smyrna's what in my opinion was a weak defensive backfield then they should have won the game. Apparently they couldn't .. actually they didn't have to pass all they had to do was get Reeder loose vs the DB's and he wins that as proven in the first game when they couldn't tackle him.. I was in no way saying Smyrna didn't deserve to win.. Hell I was rooting for them

I'll argue the solution to Smyrna's clog the line scheme would have been to line Reeder up in front of Jerome and have him get through before things got all bottled up. By the time Reeder got to the line, it was a mass of bodies on the ground. Jerome actually had some nice runs from the lead spot. Reeder would have gotten through to the secondary a whole lot more often.
Great plan by Smyrna, no adjustment by Sallies.

I'll argue the solution to Smyrna's clog the line scheme would have been to line Reeder up in front of Jerome and have him get through before things got all bottled up. By the time Reeder got to the line, it was a mass of bodies on the ground. Jerome actually had some nice runs from the lead spot. Reeder would have gotten through to the secondary a whole lot more often.

Gotta give credit to Smyrna on the passing end too. Sallies D-backs bit twice on the underneath and gave up TD's. Huge mistakes.

Last edited:

Good thought but Smyrna was cutting the lead guy.. would have cut Reeder as well

Good thought but Smyrna was cutting the lead guy.. would have cut Reeder as well
Cutting the linemen and the lead back creating the pile. Player goes for the cut, Reeder goes over before the pile happens. Jerome went over/through the cut for good gains. No real adjustment by Sallies, agreed?

@soccer..
BDN is stuck in a time warp...
and MDP played daddy ball last year
you put Dooley at either school, your talking Championship

That is the course my son took for college. It is a great program.

Gaynor never played RB at ECA, just like Brown never played Defense.

That being said Brown will be a standout out safety at Smyna, and Gaynor will be a standout RB.

Is that tongue in cheek comment, Brown has played safety (I'm almost certain), not a lot, but he can drop the hammer. As a RB, cant say enough about what I saw, good size and quick. Believe he had at least two games 200+ yrd rushing last year, and good receiver out of the backfield. There's a ton of youtube videos out there on most the ECA kids.

Smyrna would be my pick to repeat in D1.

Is that tongue in cheek comment, Brown has played safety (I'm almost certain), not a lot, but he can drop the hammer. As a RB, cant say enough about what I saw, good size and quick. Believe he had at least two games 200+ yrd rushing last year, and good receiver out of the backfield. There's a ton of youtube videos out there on most the ECA kids.

Smyrna would be my pick to repeat in D1.
I don't get what you mean in the first part of this post?

Leddie did not play one game on defense for ECA, he played safety in their first scrimmage last season against Dematha and never did again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT