ADVERTISEMENT

Brightwell (STG) Offer

Not an issue.National Connections Academy is accredited.. the only issue is when they started HS classes and the four year clock for those that re classed..
Yes, but the students were enrolled in ECA. That is where the transcript needs to come from correct? Did Delaware ever recognize ECA? They can look at things in a pretty narrow light.

I knew Barker was looking at CA but last I heard he was headed to St Frances.. I knew the incoming freshman WR was testing this week.. CA has a two year starter returning as a SR at QB. That would be a tough decision for any coach to make to switch for a SR transfer. If I were the coach he would have to come in as a backup and see where it goes.. Barker is a very good baseball player though and CA has a great baseball program so maybe all that weighs in for him as well.

yeah Brown can choose any school he wants, providing he can get there.. There are some bussing changes and limitations but if he was getting to ECA he should have no problem getting whatever DE school he chooses
i know Barker wants CA for the Baseball, also the CA coach really wants him.

As for Brown I confirmed he will be at Smyna this year.

Yes, but the students were enrolled in ECA. That is where the transcript needs to come from correct? Did Delaware ever recognize ECA? They can look at things in a pretty narrow light.
The Transcripts I beleive have both ECA and National Connections on it.

You have to understand that there are "public" charters popping up everywhere including PA that will fully use the same curriculum as ECA did, except the fact ECA gathered in a physical location and had human teachers.

Gaynor never played RB at ECA, just like Brown never played Defense.

That being said Brown will be a standout out safety at Smyna, and Gaynor will be a standout RB.

Brown is the better RB to answer your question. Mainly just because of reps, and Physical tools.

The Transcripts I beleive have both ECA and National Connections on it.

You have to understand that there are "public" charters popping up everywhere including PA that will fully use the same curriculum as ECA did, except the fact ECA gathered in a physical location and had human teachers.
No, it was made very clear that ECA did not have teachers on the property.

Its not an issue.. National Connections is the school... Transcripts are good for DIAA just like they are for the NCAA

Please understand me on this. I would much prefer that the DIAA offer blanket immunity prior to the start of the season. Just hold a meeting and allow the kids to play. Avoid a case of people not liking how things go down, then trying to make a case out of it.

No, it was made very clear that ECA did not have teachers on the property.

They absolutely did have teachers on campus as well as administrators.. doesnt matter anyway.. A kid can sign up for National Connections and home school and decide to go back to regular school and the transcripts are good..

Lets be clear about this, this was a cut and paste from the ECA website.

ECA Faculty Onsite

Academic Coaches
Carrie Timmons

Academic Coach - English & Science

Telephone: 410.620.3222

E-mail: ctimmons@easternchristianacademy.com

Keith Mackey

Academic Coach - Mathematics

E-mail: kmackey@easternchristianacademy.com

Daniel "Brother Otis" Thomas

Spiritual Leader and Chapelan (School and Team)

Academic & Family Guidance
Chris Purnell

Academic Counseling

E-mail: cpurnell@easternchristianacademy.com

Dwayne Thomas

Family Advocate

E-mail: coachdt@flashtrainingde.com

Staff
Steve LeSieur - Director of IT

Shannon Watson - Technology Advisor

Kedrick Whitehead - Construction Superintendent

Reggie Walls - Director of Facilities

Tracey Green - Director of Finance

They had coaches, not teachers on site.

Not saying he wont. Im saying he will not be limited to just RB.

In that offense and his skill level (speed and great hands), and size (6'1 200) id be surprised if he doesnt play WR too

Gotcha. So you're saying he'll start at running back. Can't wait to see them in the playoffs!

Kedrick Whitehead - Construction Superintendent

I wonder if he had acne as a kid. Jus' sayin'. That would have been ironic.

Ok sorry, you are correct then, they had no "Teachers". National Connections provide the 'Teachers" while ECA provides the academic "Coaches" (in house Teachers that "coach" threw the Connections online curriculum)

Ok sorry, you are correct then, they had no "Teachers". National Connections provide the 'Teachers" while ECA provides the academic "Coaches" (in house Teachers that "coach" threw the Connections online curriculum)
So, then I guess, if they were not in an a school recognized by the DIAA, now might be the time to make sure these kids are eligible. Understand me, I want them to be eligible the whole year, I believe the DIAA should say it now, before the season starts, before someone tries to keep these kids off the field.

So, then I guess, if they were not in an a school recognized by the DIAA, now might be the time to make sure these kids are eligible. Understand me, I want them to be eligible the whole year, I believe the DIAA should say it now, before the season starts, before someone tries to keep these kids off the field.

Based off my interpretation of the rule, I think the kids that transfer to a public school are okay to play while the other are not.

Well you do understand that there were about 4 or guys that transferred last season and played, i dont know why DIAA wouldnt let these guys play.

Well you do understand that there were about 4 or guys that transferred last season and played, i dont know why DIAA wouldnt let these guys play.
As long as the DIAA is ok with the transcript, there should be no problem. That was basically my point. If schools accepted transcripts that could be challenged, there could be an issue. Again, I would like the DIAA to just say all these kids are good.

Ikey? If the Universities accept them why wouldn't the DIAA? besides its not up to the DIAA it is up to the DDOE whether they are acceptable. I am not understanding where your coming from here. The transcripts are from an accredited online school there is no issue...

U are correct, it is up to the DDOE but that is to the eligibility of admission only, not participation I believe. I would just like the DIAA to chime in and say they are eligible before the fact.

As long as the DIAA is ok with the transcript, there should be no problem. That was basically my point. If schools accepted transcripts that could be challenged, there could be an issue. Again, I would like the DIAA to just say all these kids are good.

U are correct, it is up to the DDOE but that is to the eligibility of admission only, not participation I believe. I would just like the DIAA to chime in and say they are eligible before the fact.

Thats what were trying to tell you.. They already have by the many former ECA kids that are playing or played in DE going back to my Son and others starting 4 years ago.. The DIAA is going to look at each individual transfer on a case by case basis but only as it pertains to the DIAA rules of player eligibility.. The transcripts are not of their concern as the schools vet that out. They wont issue any blanket approval as it pertains to ECA kids..Really they are transferring from out of state from a non DIAA school so its really not in their jurisdiction anyway,,

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
I said this quite a few post ago, and should be pretty obvious even if nobody ever answered you

Yes you did HS.. but you gotta understand Ikey,, when he gets to pounding a few you have to bang him over the head a few times for it to sink in.. He is good folk its all good

Wonder why Brown to Smyrna? I know this is the era of jumping to super teams but why join Knight? Durant syndrome? LOL

Wonder why Brown to Smyrna? I know this is the era of jumping to super teams but why join Knight? Durant syndrome? LOL

I think he lives there, as well as knows Coach Marks.. and he is 2018 so he would be the man at RB next year as well as getting some carries or play slot and starting on D this year.. Makes perfect sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT