ADVERTISEMENT

Brightwell (STG) Offer

I think he lives there, as well as knows Coach Marks.. and he is 2018 so he would be them man at RB next year as well as getting carries and starting on D this year.. Makes perfect sense to me
He is the same year as Knight. I know kids that say he lives on 40? But I wish him the best.

He is the same year as Knight. I know kids that say he lives on 40? But I wish him the best.

Bone your right for some reason I was thinking Knight was a SR.. I know at Red Lion they managed two backs and did some two back stuff with Pressley and Smallwood and both got numbers and went D1,, I know Marks could handle that.. They had sets where they lined up with two backs ran counters and such and then shifted one back in the slot etc.... Actually makes Smryna more dangerous IMO

Last edited:
Brown has residence both on 40 (glasgow) as well as in Smyrna.

Brown and knight will make a great 1-2 punch. A lot of touches in the game for both.

Brown will still get more touches than he had at ECA even with knight So that's not a issue.

Also like I said brown is actually a D-1 prospect at both RB and WR

Dang football must be near.. This is the best Hot Stove thread we have had on here in a long time lol

Yeah they will be fun to watch
Who else does Smyna have coming back ?

They also got a 2018 OL from ECA, played Center,Gaurd for them this past season. Including held his own again Paramus Cathlics 2016 #1 Player in the country (DT) man in the country, and 2017 top 10 DT

Brown and knight will make a great 1-2 punch. A lot of touches in the game for both.

Brown will still get more touches than he had at ECA even with knight So that's not a issue.

Better prospect than Knight???

The ECA infusion has added some extra juice to the stove for sure.. Looks to be an exciting year and pretty wide open as to who the favorites are.. Personally I am glad (not to knock ECA or what they were trying to do) that the kids will get too experience HS football and all that entails.. Chasing schollies is one thing and I get it but sometimes it just good to be kid and have fun playing a game.. If any of these kids get a chance to go Blue Gold then they will love it

I mean knight is 5"7-5"8 ?

Both are fast and elusive, both have good hands.

Brown just happens to do this with a 6"1 200 pound frame.

Brown is definitely the better prospect.. much more powerful. Brown is much like Smallwood.. Knight is not at that level

Who else does Smyna have coming back ?

They also got a 2018 OL from ECA, played Center,Gaurd for them this past season. Including held his own again Paramus Cathlics 2016 #1 Player in the country (DT) man in the country, and 2017 top 10 DT

Smyrna returns most of their D but a D that needs to improve.. On O they lost a couple real good lineman and basically their whole receiving core.. Obviously Brown could get them better on both sides but the Smyrna coach doesn't believe in two way players.. So Brown will either be a receiver on O or a DB unless Judy changes his stance

Doubt he has had a athlete like him in a while

Dont know about awhile Judy was only a second year HC last year,, .. I am pretty sure his practices are set up where either you play offense or defense.. so basically every practice is offense and defense . 1 O vs 1 D everyday.. not staggered like most in DE.. He won states last year with that philosophy so I doubt he will change this year,, Eventually he will learn he has to but we will see

Dont know about awhile Judy was only a second year HC last year,, .. I am pretty sure his practices are set up where either you play offense or defense.. so basically every practice is offense and defense . 1 O vs 1 D everyday.. not staggered like most in DE.. He won states last year with that philosophy so I doubt he will change this year,, Eventually he will learn he has to but we will see
I mean as you know this was the ECA concept also, 2-3 guys could go both ways there pretty he can make it work if he wants to

I mean as you know this was the ECA concept also, 2-3 guys could go both ways there pretty he can make it work if he wants to

right if he wants to but he was steadfast in his philosophy last year.. no one played both ways.. To be honest Sallies should have won that game.. Smyrna's defensive backfield was not good.and they werent good this summer in 7v7 either.(all the best athletes played O) It was obvious from the get go they were selling out to stop Reeder.. all Sallies had to do was throw the ball more and back them off,, but for whatever reason they just kept giving the ball to Reeder to run into a stacked box.. In DE you have to have your best athletes play both ways.. we dont have schools like in Texas with 4 to 6 thousand kids or even like in VA with 3k+ kids.. I pin that loss solely on the Salls OC.. Once I realize the opponent has 6 or 7 guys assigned to my stud my stud becomes a decoy until they change up

Last edited:

just as a FYI ,, You can't have more than one residence as it pertains to DDOE or DIAA.. It goes by legal custody or legal guardianship . That is your residence.. In Brown's case it doesn't matter because the sending school is closed

but for example if his custodial parents lived in Glasgow and he attended Glasgow but wanted to stay with his people in Smyrna and transfer there. There would have to be a legal change of guardianship and court papers would have to be provided to the DIAA showing that

Last edited:
just as a FYI ,, You can't have more than one residence as it pertains to DDOE or DIAA.. It goes by legal custody or legal guardianship . That is your residence.. In Brown's case it doesn't matter because the sending school is closed

but for example if his custodial parents lived in Glasgow and he attended Glasgow but wanted to stay with his people in Smyrna and transfer there. There would have to be a legal change of guardianship and court papers would have to be provided to the DIAA showing that
Gotcha, makes sense. I can see a lot of kids taking advantage of that if there wasn't a process

Thats what did the Donte Ayers kid in from MD..He moved to Mtown but was living with his brother or some relative but they didn't have legal guardianship being he was 17 it was a issue.. If he was 18 and on the lease he would have been fine.. Like the Pack kid that went to Dover he was eighteen had a apartment in Dover no problem

This thread is making my head spin and stomach churn. Excluding the ECA kids as that is a different animal all together, while there probably are exceptions, I seriously doubt the kids mentioned (or their parents) are making these moves for academic reasons. Makes me nostalgic for the days when kids spent 4 years with their team mates and got to enjoy being high school kids, fighting together through the good and bad seasons. When they shop themselves around (or others do it for them), priorities, loyalties and perspective so often get left behind. No wonder some of them have academic or conduct issues, when they're made to feel more important than they are and don't have a steady school support system. It was bad enough when pro sports, then college became all about "me" instead of "we" and is sad that it keeps getting more prevalent at even lower levels. Dismounting from soap box now to go find an aspirin ...

Reactions: ravensrooster2
This thread is making my head spin and stomach churn. Excluding the ECA kids as that is a different animal all together, while there probably are exceptions, I seriously doubt the kids mentioned (or their parents) are making these moves for academic reasons. Makes me nostalgic for the days when kids spent 4 years with their team mates and got to enjoy being high school kids, fighting together through the good and bad seasons. When they shop themselves around (or others do it for them), priorities, loyalties and perspective so often get left behind. No wonder some of them have academic or conduct issues, when they're made to feel more important than they are and don't have a steady school support system. It was bad enough when pro sports, then college became all about "me" instead of "we" and is sad that it keeps getting more prevalent at even lower levels. Dismounting from soap box now to go find an aspirin ...

You forgot to include the "hold back my son in 8th grade so he can be way too old to play in high school as a senior and have an unfair advantage over younger kids" phenomenon into your list of things that make you sick about high school sports today

Honestly I can care less as long as the kids get their deploma and do what they need to do to be sucessful after if it's college, or some sort of trade.

I couldn't agree more..and I do understand the kids who's local HS are crap taking advantage of the choice system whether it be for academics or athletics but you have to look at what their community they grow up in deems important as well. I don't like the whole concept of you have to get a scholly or you will be on the street stuff thats being sold to these kids today. It is BS there are many ways to get college paid for without a athletic scholarship . anyway I self admittedly drank the kool-aide as well but only for a short time..but on the other hand it all lead us to CA which ended up a perfect fit for my kids,, They say things happen for a reason so I guess they do

Last edited:
Reactions: spartakos
I couldn't agree more..and I do understand the kids who's local HS are crap taking advantage of the choice system whether it be for academics or athletics but you have to look at what their community they grow up in deems important as well. I don't like the whole concept of you have to get a scholly or you will be on the street stuff thats being sold to these kids today. It is BS there are many ways to get college paid for without a athletic scholarship . anyway I self admittedly drank the kool-aide as well but only for a short time..but on the other hand it all lead us to CA which ended up a perfect fit for my kids,, They say things happen for a reason so I guess they do

You "drank the kool-aide" regarding your kid needing a scholarship to go to college...so you paid money to send them to high school to avoid paying money for them to go to college....

Ps- that wasn't kool aide you were drinking...

You must have been sippin' on that 'shine to make that logic work in your head. My kid needs to get a scholarship for college to avoid paying for tuition...so what I'm going to do is pay money for their high school education when there are public schools all over the place....

You dont know the History so your better off shutting your mouth because you sound like a jackass.. By the way my Sons 3.77 GPA in college while working on a major and three minors is why I paid the HS tuition. Whats yours? My Son is spending his summer at OCS busting his ass for what he wants..what are you doing this summer? Chilling on the couch shitting yourself while drinking some Budweisers? Good Job kid

@RR
what do you think cowpie is sipping?
I'm sure it's from a male cow... Haaaaa

Aw you must be proud of him, I certainly am.

But my question had nothing to do with him or his grades. It was about you drinking kool aide and thinking you had to pay to send him to high school to avoid paying to send him to college. My question was in regards to that and the logic behind that decision.

I'll await your answer.

Aw you must be proud of him, I certainly am.

But my question had nothing to do with him or his grades. It was about you drinking kool aide and thinking you had to pay to send him to high school to avoid paying to send him to college. My question was in regards to that and the logic behind that decision.

I'll await your answer.

At the time when I was drinking the kool-aide I wasn't working and taking care of my father in law with Dementia.. Financially we were having problems. To make a long story short we moved to DE and enrolled our kids at Red Lion we paid very little tuition making use of the FOCUS program, When that blew up we transferred to Caravel via 1 semester at ECA but at that time our financial situation changed father in law passed and I got a good job and was able to tell my son he could go to college and it didnt matter if he played college football or not.. He chose not too and he is persuing what he wants.. We didnt transfer to Caravel for football but for the College Prep. That is a very abridged version but there you go

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesdel
Could not agree more that athletes need to be better educated on ALL the ways they can get to college. Their true value and potential is so much greater than just their athletic ability, and there are usually other affordable ways for them to further their education if they make education a priority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT