ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA meeting in progress

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
So far mainly just waiver hearings

On the docket the final rebalancing proposal for 2023-2024, 2024-2025..

if passed

3A
St Marks to 3AD1. STG to the south district

2A
Caravel and Red Lion to district 1. Laurel up to 2A district 3. Odessa up to 2A district 2

1A

AI and McKean to 1A district 1. Brandywine and Conrad to 1A district 2. St Andrews moves from dist 1 to dist 2

Last edited:
Regarding how they determined St Marks to go up

● Using the data model of 50%enrollment/50%winning percentage

○ Teams that were considered for movement up to 3A

■ Newark, Howard, St. Marks, & Sussex Tech were the FOUR highest ranked teams based upon the data model
■ St. Marks had the highest winning percentage of the group of four
■ St. Marks has the largest average roster size of the group of four
■ St. Marks has the most playoff victories of the group of four
■ St. Marks holds head to head victories over Newark and Howard

○ Based upon the data and other factors listed above, we determined that St. Marks should be recommended to move up for the next 2 year cycle

Reactions: SCash and concord87
Re alignment proposal approved

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9db2c5b5-612c-4fca-8643-2912cef07187_400x170.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DelaNewb
3AD1
Appo
Middletown
William Penn
HVT
Sallies
St Marks

3AD2
Smyrna
Central
Dover
Cape
CR
St Georges

2AD1
Caravel
Red Lion
DMA
Newark
Concord
Delcastle

2AD2
Archmere
Howard
Friends
Tower Hill
Mt Pleasant
Odessa

2AD3
Delmar
Laurel
Woodbridge
Sussex Tech
Lake
Milford

Last edited:
1AD1
St Elizabeth
Charter
AI
Dickinson
Christiana
Glasgow
McKean
Tatnall

1AD2
Seaford
IR
Poly
St Andrews
Brandywine
Conrad
ECHS
FSMA

Sals v St Marks rivalry back on...

STM needs to stop crying and get busy on twitter getting some ballers up in there.. they can always blame the DIAA for it by putting them in 3A.. 😈

Reactions: SCash
Sals v St Marks rivalry back on...

STM needs to stop crying and get busy on twitter getting some ballers up in there.. they can always blame the DIAA for it by putting them in 3A.. 😈
Yea I’m sure they can recruit enough to make them competitive in 3A next year. Hell a lot of teams do it

Reactions: Woody_Wood
St Marks schedule next year will be the 5 from their district plus the committee will schedule two from the the other district and if they do like they say they will make it by strength. Then the teams can schedule 3 themselves vs who ever

So St Marks schedule will look like this.. (not in order of games)

Middletown
Appo
Sallies
William Penn
HVT
Cape
CR
and 3 they schedule

5 of those games are winnable (Appo, WP, HVT, Cape, CR)

I get why they forced St marks up but it won't do much for the program.

They might win 5 or 6 games but they won't touch the top teams.

Playing Sallies will draw a crowd. I guess that's good.

I get why they forced St marks up but it won't do much for the program.

They might win 5 or 6 games but they won't touch the top teams.

Playing Sallies will draw a crowd. I guess that's good.
It may not help St. Marks immediately, but I think in the long run it helps them. More kids will be attracted to and want to play for a D3 school than a D2.

Sallies vs. St. Mark's will be huge. My older son played for St. Marks the last year (I think) they were D3 at St. Marks. Sallies had seniors O'Neil and Reeder. Place was a friggin mad house.

It may not help St. Marks immediately, but I think in the long run it helps them. More kids will be attracted to and want to play for a D3 school than a D2.

Sallies vs. St. Mark's will be huge. My older son played for St. Marks the last year (I think) they were D3 at St. Marks. Sallies had seniors O'Neil and Reeder. Place was a friggin mad house.
I hope the Sallies game will be huge. Frankly, it had gotten so bad that stopping the series was the best thing the schools could have done.

St Marks schedule next year will be the 5 from their district plus the committee will schedule two from the the other district and if they do like they say they will make it by strength. Then the teams can schedule 3 themselves vs who ever

So St Marks schedule will look like this.. (not in order of games)

Middletown
Appo
Sallies
William Penn
HVT
Cape
CR
and 3 they schedule

5 of those games are winnable (Appo, WP, HVT, Cape, CR)

Add Archmere and Red Lion

Middletown
Appo
Sallies
William Penn
HVT
Cape
CR
Archmere
Red Lion

and 1 left to schedule

Archmere (st marks hasn't beat since 2017) and Red Lion will be tougher than CR. Glad to see those 2 still on the schedule though.

I hope the Sallies game will be huge. Frankly, it had gotten so bad that stopping the series was the best thing the schools could have done.

It's only a rivalry if it's competitive. I'm a spartan alum and I was glad to see the game go because the game was a joke. Sallies should be good next year so I'm kinda not thrilled to see the game coming back.

Archmere (st marks hasn't beat since 2017) and Red Lion will be tougher than CR. Glad to see those 2 still on the schedule though.

With Albero and the rest of that class gone, Archmere will have a couple tough or so so years as they retool.. I am not aware of a strong freshman class in house or coming. they will be a decent well coached team but more like before. The last two classes (22 and 23) for them was pretty good though and they had a nice run. SO I don't know what they have up next but my money would be on St Marks gets that monkey off their back in 2023

St Marks JV beat Archmere JV this year.. twice even..so there's that

Last edited:
Why should St. Marks fear Sallies? What has Sallies done since the Reeders left? St. Marks will be fine, especially with the campus upgrade coming. Sallies, has had a Division 1 weight room for years with average results. I am not knocking Sallies but the years they cut the series St. Marks was on a series downswing and Salesianum had 2 NFL players and a bunch of guys that played in college. St. Marks is on a serious, serious rebuild that is almost complete. Can't wait to attend the game.

Why should St. Marks fear Sallies? What has Sallies done since the Reeders left? St. Marks will be fine, especially with the campus upgrade coming. Sallies, has had a Division 1 weight room for years with average results. I am not knocking Sallies but the years they cut the series St. Marks was on a series downswing and Salesianum had 2 NFL players and a bunch of guys that played in college. St. Marks is on a serious, serious rebuild that is almost complete. Can't wait to attend the game.

Will be a home game for the Spartans as well as last reg season game....

#​
Date​
Day​
Time​
Opponent
H/A​
LocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
12/8/22 4:19 PM

9/16/23​
Sat​
11:00am​
Archmere Academy
A​
Archmere Academy
2​
12/8/22 4:25 PM

9/21/23​
Thu​
7:30pm​
Red Lion CA
A​
Red Lion CA
3​
12/8/22 3:16 PM

9/29/23​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Saint Mark's HS
4​
12/8/22 3:05 PM

10/6/23​
Fri​
Cape Henlopen HS
H​
Saint Mark's HS
5​
12/8/22 3:50 PM

10/20/23​
Fri​
Hodgson Vo-Tech
H​
Saint Mark's HS
6​
12/9/22 7:23 AM

11/3/23​
Fri​
Middletown HS
A​
Middletown HS-Cavalier Stadium
7​
12/9/22 10:13 AM

11/10/23​
Fri​
Salesianum School
H​
Saint Mark's HS

Still need to put in William Penn and Appo as well as whatever team St Marks schedules for their last open spot

They've been on a rebuild for awhile now. Spartans were supposed to be really good this year. Lost to Archmere (again), and Friends. Barely beat average Newark and DMA squads. Looked very beatable in playoffs versus an up and coming Red Lion team. They don't have the depth to be a player in 3A. Sure they'll beat the bottom dwellers. Participation and enrollment is up so that's a plus but it probably won't get much higher with what the tuition is and other options out there.

Fear sallies ? No. Beat Sallies in football? Longshot. Make money on home gate? Yes!!

If they played Sallies this year it would've been competitive. Lot more than the last few times they played.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
They've been on a rebuild for awhile now. Spartans were supposed to be really good this year. Lost to Archmere (again), and Friends. Barely beat average Newark and DMA squads. Looked very beatable in playoffs versus an up and coming Red Lion team. They don't have the depth to be a player in 3A. Sure they'll beat the bottom dwellers. Participation and enrollment is up so that's a plus but it probably won't get much higher with what the tuition is and other options out there.

Fear sallies ? No. Beat Sallies in football? Longshot. Make money on home gate? Yes!!

If they played Sallies this year it would've been competitive. Lot more than the last few times they played.

Your right at the start of the season it looked like St Marks should run away with 2A. Especially after the Appo win then blowing the doors off of Red Lion. Then that theft thing happened and it seemed to take some of the hype and shine off them. Then the QB thing. Anyway I don't think the two disappointing losses you mentioned had anything to do with lack of size or talent. I think they just got out coached and out worked plain and simple. Size and talent won't be an issue in 3A but maybe they will need a 3A coach to get them in the upper crust of the class. In any event I don't see why they cant go .500 next year and make the playoffs.

Last edited:
. They don't have the depth to be a player in 3A

Nobody that moves up a class will be a player right away. If that was the barometer then no one would ever move up. You think Laurel is gonna make a run in 2A next year? doubtful. You take your lumps then work your way up. It's how it's supposed to be. St Marks is positioned to where they can build to it rather quickly, at least more so than a public can. I get it St Marks brass and fans would rather have won the 2A title before moving up but as they say.. that's life in the big city. Now.. "Go Spartans Beat Sallies"

oh and

51S7x3-L+ZL._AC_SY350_QL15_.jpg

Top Nationally ranked teams (per comp poll) with less than 1000 enrollment. Just because it's interesting to me.. kind of illustrates enrollment numbers don't matter much when it comes to private schools.

#1 St John Bosco, CA: 774

#6 IMG, FL : 647

#7 St Frances Academy, MD : 220

#11 Chaminade-Madonna, FL: 548

#17 Lipscomb Academy, TN: 480

Last edited:
Your right at the start of the season it looked like St Marks should run away with 2A. Especially after the Appo win then blowing the doors off of Red Lion. Then that theft thing happened and it seemed to take some of the hype and shine off them. Then the QB thing. Anyway I don't think the two disappointing losses you mentioned had anything to do with lack of size or talent. I think they just got out coached and out worked plain and simple. Size and talent won't be an issue in 3A but maybe they will need a 3A coach to get them in the upper crust of the class. In any event I don't see why they cant go .500 next year and make the playoffs.
That’s inside real knowledge there. Someone has been paying attention. How many years can you knock on the door and have the better talent across the board. You ask around, coaches will tell you they have talent all over, yet they find ways to cause controversy, or don’t play the right player. Any coach that has played those guys will tell you they know what’s coming every down, every play. Teams they have lost to have had better game plans, and preparation.

Reactions: DelaNewb
I picked St Marks to win it this year and saw them quite a bit over the past two years. I’m no football guru, but I was able to easily predict their offensive “scheme”. I’m all for a “we are going to line up and come right at you” but when that doesn’t work like it does against the cupcakes, coaches have to adjust. And STM coaches flat out didn’t adjust against the better teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT