ADVERTISEMENT

DMA schedules 10th game

We know why 😈😈

#TheTakeOver #TookTheirBallAndWentHome
Assuming were talking about Middletown, the honest truth is what's in it for them.

They want to be a national team, DMA doesn't help with that.

They would be expected to win so if they do no big deal but if they lost would be a HUGE deal. Maybe even sway a few kids to DMA away from MT in the future, etc.

We know what's in it for DMA but for MT it doesn't really do anything.

I get it that a lot of people - including me - don't like this line of reasoning but its the reality of the situation.

Assuming were talking about Middletown, the honest truth is what's in it for them.

They would be expected to win so if they do no big deal but if they lost would be a HUGE deal. Maybe even sway a few kids to DMA away from MT in the future, etc.

I get it that a lot of people - including me - don't like this line of reasoning but its the reality of the situation.
Few things here. Nobody - Nobody ducks that school that claims to be about the military. No reason to. They had an absurd amount of talent in 2021 and could not win when it counted. Even on their home turf. Those schools just a click south- like them or not-ask around- classy. I am sure they have their warts, but stop with the ducking.
different note- though it would take DIAA 3 years to figure it out, would be great if they played that one extra game-3a champ v 2a champ.
if not- then 2nd Saturday in Sept/ at UD or other large venue- line up top 4 3a schools vs top 4 2a school. Big revenue opportunity, 100 to charity.
yes there would be challenges , but this state needs to grow up or schools will grow out.
please don’t jump on this with the 500 challenges, rather here about how we could do it, not why it can’t- that’s some typical DE stuff that we can’t.
maybe the ersatz military school would get their chance to take over the 302…

Few things here. Nobody - Nobody ducks that school that claims to be about the military. No reason to. They had an absurd amount of talent in 2021 and could not win when it counted. Even on their home turf. Those schools just a click south- like them or not-ask around- classy. I am sure they have their warts, but stop with the ducking.
different note- though it would take DIAA 3 years to figure it out, would be great if they played that one extra game-3a champ v 2a champ.
if not- then 2nd Saturday in Sept/ at UD or other large venue- line up top 4 3a schools vs top 4 2a school. Big revenue opportunity, 100 to charity.
yes there would be challenges , but this state needs to grow up or schools will grow out.
please don’t jump on this with the 500 challenges, rather here about how we could do it, not why it can’t- that’s some typical DE stuff that we can’t.
maybe the ersatz military school would get their chance to take over the 302…
Yeah MT ain’t ducking DMA it’s more like why play them? DMA hasn’t proven enough to get that game abs MT wants bigger National games. What’s the quote “you can’t just hop in the ring with Ali”

Notursmine use of the word ersatz is appreciated by linguists.

Nole, you are so right about why play DMA if you are in MDT's position. I know it sounds strange but I think DMA and Salesianum will play each other...maybe on a periodic basis. For example. Sals & DMA have played twice. One thing is that it should be competitive. Another thing is (forget sports for a minute)...there is a good relationship between the leaders of both schools and there is a connection between a few of the board members....

That's enough for now. I am boring myself...

Last edited:
Reactions: DelaNewb

I agree!! They were afraid of losing so they ducked!!

#TheTakeOverIsInevitable #BrickByBrick #TheyCanRunButTheyCantHide

Imagine saying a team that has scheduled IMG, St Joes Prep, St Johns College and Massillon is ducking the mighty DMA..

daffy-duck-this-is-preposterous.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Woody_Wood
Yeah MT ain’t ducking DMA it’s more like why play them? DMA hasn’t proven enough to get that game abs MT wants bigger National games. What’s the quote “you can’t just hop in the ring with Ali”
It is hilarious that you think Middletown is too good to play DMA, but Malvern, a much more respected program, reached out to DMA to schedule them!!

#TheTakeOverContinues #PuttingThe302OnNotice #BrickByBrick

Notursmine use of the word ersatz is appreciated by linguists. (for Yaz, a linquist is not somebody eating linguini).

Nole, you are so right about why play DMA if you are in MDT's position. I know it sounds strange but I think DMA and Salesianum will play each other...maybe on a periodic basis. For example. Sals & DMA have played twice. One thing is that it should be competitive. Another thing is (forget sports for a minute)...there is a good relationship between the leaders of both schools and there is a connection between a few of the board members....

That's enough for now. I am boring myself...
I don’t think that would be a good match up for Sals at all. If they don’t add any skill players to the roster they won’t have the skill players to run with DMA. Plus DMA is not small upfront by any means.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
I don’t think that would be a good match up for Sals at all. If they don’t add any skill players to the roster they won’t have the skill players to run with DMA. Plus DMA is not small upfront by any means.
Sallies is not the same Sallies they were from a few years ago. It seems as though DMA is starting to attract a lot of the talent that used to go to Sallies, Caravel and St. Marks. I believe the DMA QB was at Sallies and then transferred, but I might be mistaken.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
Sallies is not the same Sallies they were from a few years ago. It seems as though DMA is starting to attract a lot of the talent that used to go to Sallies, Caravel and St. Marks. I believe the DMA QB was at Sallies and then transferred, but I might be mistaken.
Easy now. You mean all those D1 dudes.
Attract? Recruit, I guess all the same.
Stop. That school is getting way too much chatter. 302 take nothing#talktoomuch#cantbackitup#paperchamp#keeprecruiting#yipyap

Easy now. You mean all those D1 dudes.
Attract? Recruit, I guess all the same.
Stop. That school is getting way too much chatter. 302 take nothing#talktoomuch#cantbackitup#paperchamp#keeprecruiting#yipyap
I meant no disrespect. The top programs are always cyclical.

I did not know Sallies had division 1 players on their roster this year. That is great to hear. Who are the players and where are they going?

As for DMA, I'm not a fan of their off the field antics, but its hard to deny their success and growth as a program.

I hear you, trap. Let's be very frank. In the last 3 years, have the Sals had the players to run with Smyrna and Middletown? No. They have to play these 2 teams as they are in their division and to Sals credit they usually play the best teams in the state. DMA would be an interesting match up.

That is not to say the Sals can't be competitive as they have like 1,000 boys, jacked up facilities, and a solid tradition.

On he talent issue...What is meant by D1? I know the Right Tackle Simmons is going to JMU. The center is going to Harvard to play. Their JR. TE is a player. I have a vague notion that the Sals have underachieved the last couple years but honestly were not capable of beating Smyrna or MDT.

Another year rolls by.

Last edited:
It is hilarious that you think Middletown is too good to play DMA, but Malvern, a much more respected program, reached out to DMA to schedule them!!

#TheTakeOverContinues #PuttingThe302OnNotice #BrickByBrick
MTown is playing better programs then Malvern now. St Joes, IMG, etc they are clearly trying to do exactly what you are as well hence it makes no sense to play DMA.

Its not about talent or skill its about what they are trying to accomplish with the few open games you got. They want to play the best in those games, no offense DMA isnt even the best in 2A

I hear you, trap. Let's be very frank. In the last 3 years, have the Sals had the players to run with Smyrna and Middletown? No. They have to play these 2 teams as they are in their division and to Sals credit they usually play the best teams in the state. DMA would be an interesting match up.

That is not to say the Sals can't be competitive as they have like 1,000 boys, jacked up facilities, and a solid tradition.

Ont he talent issue...What is meant by D1? I know the Right Tackle Simmons is going to JMU. The center is going to Harvard to play. Their JR. TE is a player. I have a vague notion that the Sals have underachieved the last couple years but honestly were not capable of beating Smyrna or MDT.

Another year rolls by.

Micah Wing signed with Rutgers.. had several D1 verbal offers

Last edited:
I get MT not playing DMA and choosing to play the team in Ohio. I would have liked to have seen the game but I understand it. And I agree that DMA in the grand scheme of things hasn't accomplished much yet and hopefully they continue with an upward trend so they can be one of those teams. I would also be intrigued with a game with sallies...and the two schools are close, it was interesting during wrestling season because during tournaments sals and DMA would always pal around and it was actually kind of cool to see.

I get MT not playing DMA and choosing to play the team in Ohio. I would have liked to have seen the game but I understand it. And I agree that DMA in the grand scheme of things hasn't accomplished much yet and hopefully they continue with an upward trend so they can be one of those teams. I would also be intrigued with a game with sallies...and the two schools are close, it was interesting during wrestling season because during tournaments sals and DMA would always pal around and it was actually kind of cool to see.
MT still only has 9 games and still has that week 1 open. They could have scheduled it and Massillon as well (Massillon replaced St Joes Prep). Still could but DMA scheduled Curley there.. Not sure if MT plans on scheduling a 10th game or just going to roll with 9 and the bye week before the Harvest Bowl and a bye week before Central.

MT has two open weeks to schedule a 10th game Week 1 or 8

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22
MT still only has 9 games and still has that week 1 open. They could have scheduled it and Massillon as well (Massillon replaced St Joes Prep). Still could but DMA scheduled Curley there.. Not sure if MT plans on scheduling a 10th game or just going to roll with 9 and the bye week before the Harvest Bowl and a bye week before Central.

DMA worked very hard to make that match up happen!! I know the Middletown apologists on here will never admit it, but If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck!!

#TheTakeOver #QuackQuack #BrickByBrick #NotAfraidOfTheChallenge

Gotcha I forgot they replaced the St Joe's game. I'm sure they will find a 10th game though...if anything you would hope that they would want to get their kids as many games as possible for the year. I understand that a tragedy occurred but it was a shame when the MT and Sallies game was canceled last season

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I agree!! They were afraid of losing so they ducked!!

#TheTakeOverIsInevitable #BrickByBrick #TheyCanRunButTheyCantHide
DMA is trying to build their program, that is great and they seem to be doing a good job. If they want to play middletown and smyrna they should request to move up to D3 after this year, whether they win D2 or not. I am sure there will be a D3 team that would gladly move down. Just move up and the best teams can’t duck DMA. Easily done. If they did that then DMA would go from the easiest schedule in Delaware to absolutely the hardest especially if they keep Malvern and add the Prep to their schedule. In one year DMA can be in the position to get everything they asked for but were denied by teams Ducking them. DMA had an unbelievable amount of talent on their roster last season, and have an unbelievable amount of talent coming back and coming in, they should absolutely play the best schools in the state and the area. Even if they can’t make the D2 finals, much less win D2.

DMA is trying to build their program, that is great and they seem to be doing a good job. If they want to play middletown and smyrna they should request to move up to D3 after this year, whether they win D2 or not. I am sure there will be a D3 team that would gladly move down. Just move up and the best teams can’t duck DMA. Easily done. If they did that then DMA would go from the easiest schedule in Delaware to absolutely the hardest especially if they keep Malvern and add the Prep to their schedule. In one year DMA can be in the position to get everything they asked for but were denied by teams Ducking them. DMA had an unbelievable amount of talent on their roster last season, and have an unbelievable amount of talent coming back and coming in, they should absolutely play the best schools in the state and the area. Even if they can’t make the D2 finals, much less win D2.

With only 11 teams in 3A they would welcome a 12th. 3A would have 12 now if Howard didn't refuse to go. No one would be required to move down. I fully expect DMA to request to move up next year if all their yip yap is real about playing the best and taking over 302..lol but seriously if they don't request to move up then they should shut up.. just saying of course. 😈

Last edited:
With only 11 teams in 3A they would welcome a 12th. 3A would have 12 now if Howard didn't refuse to go. No one would be required to move down. I fully expect DMA to request to move up next year if all their yip yap is real about playing the best and taking over 302..lol but seriously if they don't request to move up then they should shut up.. just saying of course. 😈
Hey BiB, I have heard that they do plan on asking to move up. I'm not sure where that ultimate decision resides but I do believe that there will be a request. And you're right it will go to one of the toughest schedules so it will be quite interesting what happens.

eard that they do plan on asking to move up. I'm not sure where that ultimate decision resides but
It has to be after the 2 year cycle but yes I did see language in there that teams could ask to be moved up. So it would have to be for the 2023 season. Maybe that is when they can schedule SJP also. 😋

It has to be after the 2 year cycle but yes I did see language in there that teams could ask to be moved up. So it would have to be for the 2023 season. Maybe that is when they can schedule SJP also. 😋
Oh yeah for sure I guess it would be brought up after the 2022 season. You seem to always have the inside track, do you think a team can ask and it is granted or isn't voted on and things like that

Oh yeah for sure I guess it would be brought up after the 2022 season. You seem to always have the inside track, do you think a team can ask and it is granted or isn't voted on and things like that
I would guess the football committee would have to approve it but unless they don't think you can at least compete with the middle to lower teams in the class then they would have no reason not to approve the move. They might have to go into the South division though or maybe they move St Georges to the South which would make more sense

Last edited:
Reactions: Longagoplayer
I would guess the football committee would have to approve it but unless they don't think you can at least compete with the middle to lower teams in the class then they would have no reason not to approve the move. They might have to go into the South division though or maybe they move St Georges to the South which would make more sense
If they move anyone it would be Middletown. It’s the lowest north team in the district

If they move anyone it would be Middletown. It’s the lowest north team in the district
I would assume they would want to keep Appo and MT in the same district being its the same school district..but yeah any one of STG, Appo or MT.

STG just makes more sense to me as far as evening talent North and South besides geography isn't a hard rule it's just considered. I mean they got CA and RLCA playing in the deep South. lol

Last edited:
Seems like D2 has belonged to Howard, Woodbridge, and Archmere over in the past 6 years or so. Do I have that right? Is DMA even in the conversation of perennial contenders during this time?

So I’m still really confused that there’s discussion about DMA moving up a division when they haven’t won the division they’re in? What am I missing? Didn’t they just get their first playoff win as a school ever?

I do think it’s cool they are scheduling challenging games though. Go get it! But scheduling important games is a lot easier than winning them.

Reactions: 1987lax
Seems like D2 has belonged to Howard, Woodbridge, and Archmere over in the past 6 years or so. Do I have that right? Is DMA even in the conversation of perennial contenders during this time?

So I’m still really confused that there’s discussion about DMA moving up a division when they haven’t won the division they’re in? What am I missing? Didn’t they just get their first playoff win as a school ever?

I do think it’s cool they are scheduling challenging games though. Go get it! But scheduling important games is a lot easier than winning them.

Didn't you get the memo? DMSA be #buildingitdifferent... DSA vs anybody

Reactions: TwidderPhil

Well DMA likes to talk about people ducking them, and also like to talk about a team that beat them twice this year, once at DMA and once at a neutral site, saying they are ducking a game with Malvern. The truth was the team already had a full schedule and didn’t have a date to accommodate the game. But according to DMA’s head coach the team should have just dropped one of their scheduled games to pick up the Malvern game. So let’s just stop all the talk from DMA and have them move up to D3. Then they won’t be worrying about being ducked or so concerned about who a team that kicked DMA’s ass twice this year is scheduling. Truth is DMA beat one legitimate team this year and that was Caravel. All due respect to Concord, and I respect their program and especially their head coach, they were not a playoff team. Their 2nd best win this year I guess would be St Marks, a team that lost 41-0 in the quarterfinals. So instead of worrying about getting better, they set their sites on calling out Middletown and Archmere, like a child. Maybe they should win a big game before they do that.

Middletown adds 10th game 10/28 at home

Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School (NY)

never heard of them ..

3rd year program has played a total of 13 games going 9-4 against some pretty bad teams. 5 of the wins were in some janky tournament vs some janky club teams so they were not actual HS football games. Would be a 1A team here.. :confused:

Rated -23.6 would put them tied with St Andrews at #33 in Delaware

This one doesn't make much sense

Last edited:
Middletown adds 10th game 10/28 at home

Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School (NY)

never heard of them ..

3rd year program has played a total of 13 games going 9-4 against some pretty bad teams. 5 of the wins were in some janky tournament vs some janky club teams so they were not actual HS football games. Would be a 1A team here.. :confused:

Rated -23.6 would put them tied with St Andrews at #33 in Delaware

This one doesn't make much sense
A game is a game. Sounds like they were desperate to get anything. Should be an easy win for them.

DMA will be fine and once again they will be a good team. I remember when Red Lion came to the 302 and the hating began. So what if the Coach wants to challenge his team, that’s not a bad thing. If they feel they are ready to play a more competitive schedule then so be it. MTown didn’t schedule them when they had an opportunity, maybe as a whatever to the Coach for speaking out or maybe they just didn’t want to for other reasons. Let’s face it, if they did play DMA win or lose, who does it benefit more as far as playoff seedings go. As I said before I kind like the DMA Coaches cavalier approach to this season. Just saying of course

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT