ADVERTISEMENT

DMA schedules 10th game

Hate to tell you that the info you have is wrong. The kid was never promised starting right away, the kid never talked to Harbaugh. But I guess the fact that he wanted to actually go there doesn't matter
Someone’s lying. We need the DIAA to settle this silly nonsense. Even though everyone knows what DMA does

I wouldn't get all excited about these rec league stars. Half the time they are kids that just matured before the other kids their age and level off in high school. Sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't. If they really look like they will have the D1 measurables and talent it's nothing for a D1 coach to throw a verbal their way. As far as I can tell there aren't any of those. It's one thing making promises to recruit kids to your school it's another thing keeping them there these days. If they are bouncing rec teams and chasing the thing in rec then you best be assured they won't be loyal in HS either. First time things don't go their way then

The next video cut up will be " after long thought and conversation with my family I have decided to reclass to 2033 and take my talents to the flavor of the week school" :p

Last edited:
I wouldn't get all excited about these rec league stars. Half the time they are kids that just matured before the other kids their age and level off in high school. Sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't. If they really look like they will have the D1 measurables and talent it's nothing for a D1 coach to throw a verbal their way. As far as I can tell there aren't any of those. It's one thing making promises to recruit kids to your school it's another thing keeping them there these days. If they are bouncing rec teams and chasing the thing in rec then you best be assured they won't be loyal in HS either. First time things don't go their way then

The next video cut up will be " after long thought and conversation with my family I have decided to reclass to 2033 and take my talents to the flavor of the week school" :p
Very true BiB. There are many more kids that are great young and flame out as they get older. I've seen this kid play and he is good. If he is able to continue his growth he could become an excellent player. And yes in the next few years that does sound like an announcement that will be made lol

Reactions: BackinBlack86
So I guess the freshman OL player was recruited to play at DMA. Funny because he seemed like he wanted to go to DMA. Considering that his grandfather was a graduate of the Air Force Academy and his uncle was a graduate of the Naval Academy. He also wrestles and the fact that he has the best heavyweight coach in the state may have been a big reason for his decision to go there. But I guess those must not be good enough reasons for a kid to go to a military school.

dayum.. the big OL freshman is from Smyrna? I did not know that, no wonder they salty.. lol

oh and

Yeah Terps!
images

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22
A statement was made that he was recruited there and my post was simply pointing out that he choose to go there. And that same kid was also recruited to go to CR, Middletown, Caravel, Appo and more in and out of Delaware. So clearly there are several schools that are involved in recruiting.
Honestly pretty much all schools - public and private - recruit. Its the truth some more then others and some pretty blatant.

Reactions: 84rider
For college yes but never for high school. If a high schooler does it usually means they are going to a power house team like Dematha Mater Dei Don Bosco SJP. Never for a team like DMA or anyone in Delaware. It’s just very weird and raises a lot of red flags
I am a lacrosse guy and can tell you that it is becoming very common in lacrosse to do this. I think its corny as shit but thats me

Very true BiB. There are many more kids that are great young and flame out as they get older. I've seen this kid play and he is good. If he is able to continue his growth he could become an excellent player. And yes in the next few years that does sound like an announcement that will be made lol
Just watched 2 highlight reels. He's a good athlete but doubt he is even a QB in HS and definitely not in college. He is physically more advanced then the kids he is playing but he isn't that fast or have great moves most just bulling kids over. They will catch up.

That being said his D highlights are damn good I can see a real nice OLB in the making. Kid will be damn good in HS I just don't see the QB part - might be wrong but usually pretty good at this having coached kids for a long time.

Honestly pretty much all schools - public and private - recruit. Its the truth some more then others and some pretty blatant.

Problem is DMA don't have the "juice" like a Sallies. Mtown etc. to fend off the wolves in this state and believe me those wolves are coming. Just saying some them recruits better have a back up plan

Last edited:
Just watched 2 highlight reels. He's a good athlete but doubt he is even a QB in HS and definitely not in college. He is physically more advanced then the kids he is playing but he isn't that fast or have great moves most just bulling kids over. They will catch up.

That being said his D highlights are damn good I can see a real nice OLB in the making. Kid will be damn good in HS I just don't see the QB part - might be wrong but usually pretty good at this having coached kids for a long time.
From what I heard he actually prefers playing defense. And he is better on that side. I think him playing QB is because he was just being a better athlete so he was put there.

Recruiting - There is a major difference when you all reference a private school vs. a PUBLIC School. When and if a student decides to go to a private school, and that youngster is awarded funding (or not) - somebody is paying for them. Somebody is - NOT the TAX Payer. Lets not get it twisted. That military school, is still being funded (tell me if I am wrong) by the tax payer. So said athlete, that lives in another state or another county - who is paying for them? - yes the tax payer. Now you will say well this person is still in the county etc... so funding goes to 'x' - I get it. What was mentioned in a previous thread about, this kid really wanted to go there, and fell in love with the 'standards and program". Stop it. They are young impressionable kids that are getting TLC that pumps them up, and makes them feel wanted. We were 12/13/14 at one point, if a coach came to us from another school and showed us that TLC and then told us they have a spot for us - come on! My 2 cents and maybe that is all its worth. Promote the school and the program, not the kid. Tell them what you offer as a school and the environment. Telling kids they are going to be starters as Frosh is just outrageous. I've paid attention to this board and what I have heard loud and clear, and think we all agree is we want these young athletes to earn it. You think that is happening over there??? All those transfers, more to come, and recruits coming in. What happens to the kid that is a good player and just wants a chance to compete. You really think they are going to get a fair shot? You promise a transfer or a recruit all these things, you think mommy and daddy are going to sit back after all those promises and watch their kid sit the bench. Aint happening. Why you may ask? - you start recruiting and then don't play those kids - NO MORE RECRUITS - word spreads quick - so and so promised me this and that, and it never happened. Back to the other kid who lives local, and wants to compete. You think Mommy and Daddy are going to sit back and watch Johnny sit. The kid who is putting in the work, grinding and doing what the coaches ask, but will never hit the field because Tommy was recruited and he was not. Thats when that 'school' will have its problems. Compete and learn is what it is about - hand outs do not build teams, or leadership! Peace and Love

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Recruiting - There is a major difference when you all reference a private school vs. a PUBLIC School. When and if a student decides to go to a private school, and that youngster is awarded funding (or not) - somebody is paying for them. Somebody is - NOT the TAX Payer. Lets not get it twisted. That military school, is still being funded (tell me if I am wrong) by the tax payer. So said athlete, that lives in another state or another county - who is paying for them? - yes the tax payer. Now you will say well this person is still in the county etc... so funding goes to 'x' - I get it. What was mentioned in a previous thread about, this kid really wanted to go there, and fell in love with the 'standards and program". Stop it. They are young impressionable kids that are getting TLC that pumps them up, and makes them feel wanted. We were 12/13/14 at one point, if a coach came to us from another school and showed us that TLC and then told us they have a spot for us - come on! My 2 cents and maybe that is all its worth. Promote the school and the program, not the kid. Tell them what you offer as a school and the environment. Telling kids they are going to be starters as Frosh is just outrageous. I've paid attention to this board and what I have heard loud and clear, and think we all agree is we want these young athletes to earn it. You think that is happening over there??? All those transfers, more to come, and recruits coming in. What happens to the kid that is a good player and just wants a chance to compete. You really think they are going to get a fair shot? You promise a transfer or a recruit all these things, you think mommy and daddy are going to sit back after all those promises and watch their kid sit the bench. Aint happening. Why you may ask? - you start recruiting and then don't play those kids - NO MORE RECRUITS - word spreads quick - so and so promised me this and that, and it never happened. Back to the other kid who lives local, and wants to compete. You think Mommy and Daddy are going to sit back and watch Johnny sit. The kid who is putting in the work, grinding and doing what the coaches ask, but will never hit the field because Tommy was recruited and he was not. Thats when that 'school' will have its problems. Compete and learn is what it is about - hand outs do not build teams, or leadership! Peace and Love

Rumor has it that DIFCA went to DIAA regarding Nick Lincoln but since JJ & DP are besties nothing would happen at this time…so mafia style Mr Lincoln had a “sit down” with a certain coach from STG and told to knock it the F off or DMA would be kicked out of DIFCA (state supported) and their players would no longer be eligible for All Conference - All State - I believe Maxwell and Blue Gold for sure….We all know the issues that occursd at Glasgow with JJ and shockingly it’s starting now at his next school…just like Nick said about MT….walks like a duck…talks like a duck. ..sadly there is a 3 tour Marine veteran that lives in Red Clay who’s daughter was wait listed by DMA…but the local athlete and non local athletes are granted enrollment….I would expect better from the Commander or Skipper of DMA…but what else would you expect from a “leader” who walked on to the field just to get into a shouting match with the former HC in front of everyone…Integrity and Honor….right?

I tried to share a photo on here of Coach Linc DM’ing a player from another HS that was floating around Facebook. If I didn’t do it properly please let me know…I can send it to someone who knows how to work technology much better than myself.

Down to Delaware? Where this recruit from? and how does coach plan to get him in DSA if he is from out of state. Das some cra cra sheet... kind of worthless as evidence without who he is chatting up tho?
He is from Cardinal O’Hara and they reported the message to DIAA and they did nada.

If the kid lives in PA, that is crazy. What if he is a Delaware kid who attends O'Hara? Does that give it a different flavor? Unsure.
If I was a betting man…I would be all in on lives in PA based on “Come on down to Delaware” that sounds like a guy from PA talking to another person in PA. Either way he’s already enrolled in a HS which I think makes it illegal recruiting or tampering…which ever term it falls under.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
DMA has done absolutely nothing wrong! It appears many people are upset and nervous about the rise of the DMA program! Something truly special is being built at DMA!! Anyone who wants to be apart of it and wants to work hard is welcome! If you’d like to see more, check out the Instagram page. @dmafootball

#BuildingItDifferent #BrickByBrick #WorkHard #CultureIsEverything #TheTakeOverContinues

10.0 Use of Influence for Athletic Purposes

10.1 Definition: The use of influence for athletic purposes shall include, but not be limited to, the following:

10.1.1 Offer of money, room, board, clothing, transportation, or other valuable consideration to a prospective athlete or their parents, legal guardians, or Relative Caregiver.

10.1.2 Offer of waiver or reduction of tuition or financial aid if based, even partially, on athletic considerations. Nonschool affiliated scholarship or financial aid programs which are primarily restricted to students of one school if the aid is based, even partially, on athletic considerations.

10.1.3 Preference in job assignments or offer of compensation for work performed in excess of what is customarily paid for such services.

10.1.4 Offer of special privileges not accorded to other students.

10.1.5 Offer of financial assistance including free or reduced rent, payment of moving expenses, etc., to induce a prospective athlete or their parents, legal guardians, or Relative Caregiver to change residence.

10.2 Illegal Contact with Students, Student’s parents, legal guardians, or a Relative Caregiver

10.2.1 A school employee or Board approved volunteer may not initiate contact or request that a booster club member, alumnus, or player initiate contact with a student enrolled in another school or their parents, legal guardians, or a Relative Caregiver in order to persuade the student to enroll in a particular school for athletic purposes. Illegal contact shall include, but not be limited to, letters, questionnaires or brochures, telephone calls, and home visits or personal contact at athletic contests.

10.2.2 If a coach or athletic director is contacted by a prospective athlete or their parents, legal guardians, or a Relative Caregiver, the former must refer the individuals to the principal or headmaster or school personnel responsible for admissions.

10.3 Permitted Activities

10.3.1 A school employee or Board approved volunteer may do the following:

10.3.1.1 Discuss the athletic program with a prospective student or their parents, legal guardians, or Relative Caregiver during an open house or approved visit initiated by the parents, legal guardians, or Relative Caregiver.

10.3.1.2 Provide information concerning sports offered, facilities, conference affiliation, and general athletic policies. However, they are not permitted to state or imply in any way that their athletic program is superior to that of another school or that it would be more beneficial or advantageous for the prospective student to participate in athletics at their school.

10.3.1.3 Conduct an informational presentation at a feeder school.

10.4 School Choice

10.4.1 If the number of applicants under the School District Enrollment Choice Program exceeds the number of available student openings, the selection criteria established by the district shall not include athletic considerations.

10.5 Penalties

10.5.1 The use of influence or illegal contact including but not limited to, violations of subsections 10.1 and 10.2 by a person employed by or representing a Member School including members of alumni associations, booster groups, and similar organizations to persuade, induce, or facilitate the enrollment of a student in that school for athletic purposes may render the student ineligible for up to one full school year from the date the charge is substantiated. In addition, the offending school may be placed on probation, as determined by the Board, and the offending employee, if a coach, may be suspended for up to one full school year from the date the charge is substantiated.

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
Where does social media fit in? Texting, DMing, Tweeting etc. same as a phone call.

Advertising on Twitter, Instagram, forums, message boards etc. same as brochure. You are not allowed to advertise that playing athletics at your school is more advantageous than any other school in any medium.

Clearly a DMA rep posted on here the DMA coaches do more for the kids athletic aspirations than the Archmere. Not to mention their twitter page has multiple violation in this regard.

So I would not say "nothing wrong" but I am not judge or jury just some food for thought

Last edited:
Reactions: DEfootballFan6
Again, DMA has done NOTHING wrong!! DMA will continue to build an ELITE football program! The fact that many people are plotting against is a prime example of what is holding Delaware football back! Can’t get out of their own way! DMA is building and the haters are focused on stopping a program from improving rather than focusing on their own programs! It’s downright shameful! We won’t be stopped though! The petty attacks only refocus DMA on pursuing our ultimate goals!

#TheTakeOverContinues #StickToYourDayJobs #OnwardAndUpward #BrickByBrick #GameByGame

Damn it, I like this Coach Lincoln guy but then again I was fan of Red Lion also. It’s like the Field of Dreams, build it and they will come, lol
I was a fan of Red Lion as well but this ain’t that and Red Lion is a private school. DMA is a Military/Charter school with a coach that’s operating like he’s at IMG academy.

• Haha
Damn it, I like this Coach Lincoln guy but then again I was fan of Red Lion also. It’s like the Field of Dreams, build it and they will come, lol

haha,, have to admit @DMA_302TakeOver is growing on me as well. Good forum entertainment too but alas I don't believe he will be with us for very long. Taking shots at Delaware from an outsider doesn't bode to well round these parts..:oops:

d00d9d8fb5becf67c182c6ded0a783972c6fc4c2.gifv

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT