ADVERTISEMENT

ECA

What a surprise!!! ECA Closing after Sillis Son leaves!!!! who saw that coming????? This Guy!!!! How does the Kool aid Taste now without sillis sugar in it!! RR it is amazing to me that you are not a politician, you flip flop more that any politician I have ever seen. I love to say I told you so, so, I told you so! Those parents that keep their kids there after his son left should be ticketed for stupidity. Ding dong

Reactions: spartakos
Your a little late to the party Rizzo the clown.. no soup for you!!!

FYI... It was a false alarm.. they aren't closed so you will have to wait a little longer for your I told you so's..maybe next time you can chime in on the first page..lol

Last edited:
Looks like ECA is open for now. By the looks of it they got spared a serious ass whipping by not playing Steubenville.

Looks like ECA is open for now. By the looks of it they got spared a serious ass whipping by not playing Steubenville.

Football aside. Even if it is a band aide which I think it is.. Its much better the kids get a semester of transcripts to transfer mid year than having to transfer late 1 quarter with nothing.. even better if they can get the seniors graduated... regardless what happens this is a better solution than what it was looking like..For the kids still there anyway..

yes of course and actually I am over it.... The ones that got out and and are working on getting caught up good for them.. They ones staying and playing knowing the deal well I have no sympathy for them they will get what ever happens to them and pretty much would deserve it..Rolling the dice at this point

Actually if I truly thought the money would go to the schooling aspect and getting it up in running for the kids that don't have options I would donate something but I fear the money would be used to finance another football trip.. Not that I would have allot to give but thats not the point

I love the fact that ECA out of Maryland gets as much attention in Delaware and on this DE forum than any other program, I know there is history and connections to R L, but who really cares anymore! I for one could care less what happens to them including all involved. I don't wish any ill will to the players and hopefully they get what they deserve!

images

True mobhits just look at the amount if hits this thread got as opposed to others.. However I don't think the interest is in ECA football or the school itself.. Its the story or saga if you will that goes with it all that folks are interested in.. Kind of like going through the check out at the grocery store you just can't help but read the headlines on the National Inquirer mags even though you know its BS.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobhits
True mobhits just look at the amount if hits this thread got as opposed to others.. However I don't think the interest is in ECA football or the school itself.. Its the story or saga if you will that goes with it all that folks are interested in.. Kind of like going through the check out at the grocery store you just can't help but read the headlines on the National Inquirer mags even though you know its BS.. lol

Elvis' death was a ruse. He worked the the kitchen of the Smyrna Diner for 16 years after his death.

Dead%20at%2058.jpg

Question is will these kids be able to play this year?

Apparently yes.. I know at least one of them played at LB for Penn last game and he was a starter for ECA their first two games.. If he was cleared based of sending school closing this could be problematic..

Last edited:
Did he need a waiver?

I have no idea.. If the transfer was because sending school closing he would not need a waiver.. Not sure how you can get a waiver in a couple weeks though..typically you are placed on the next months docket for waiver hearings..

They do grant interim waivers until the case can be heard.. I would assume this is the case here but don't know for sure

Well if they aren't closed, wouldn't he have to sit out 90 days? There is a difference between closing and closed.

Well if they aren't closed, wouldn't he have to sit out 90 days? There is a difference between closing and closed.

Not if they got an interim waiver.. an interim waiver is sent in by the school and DIAA boss can grant it immediately until the case can be heard. I wouldn't get too excited WP AD is well connected to the DIAA and gets her way.. Her seat on the board is already warm.. just saying .. politics my southern brother.. if your gonna transfer then transfer to a school that is "connected."..just saying of course

Last edited:
Not excited, just curious. I actually took this out to a further thought. Since the DIAA doesn't really consider ECA a school, does it even matter?

Reactions: Jawnsky
Ikey.. ECA is a school... otherwise none of their graduates would have passed the clearing house for NCAA ,,,which they all have.. Its just a matter of the transfer rule and how it applies in this case of Delaware resident kids transferring from a Maryland school..

Anyone leaving ECA this season shouldn't be allowed to play this season for another team. That's totally ridiculous. I don't care what the circumstances are . They made the decision to attend that school and should have to deal with the choices they made.

Anyone leaving ECA this season shouldn't be allowed to play this season for another team. That's totally ridiculous. I don't care what the circumstances are . They made the decision to attend that school and should have to deal with the choices they made.

Well they already have ..consult your DIAA rep.. LOL

ridiculous

What happens when 10 more guys leave that "school" next week?

Could totally change the complexion of a season. Didn't realize you could add free agents in high school football.

The focus will be on the kids not how it effects the landscape of HS football in DE,, they will enforce the rules as written... Unfortunately the rules don't have an addendum for kids that live in DE and attend a out of state cyber school and then return.. I guess they never thought that was a reality.. LOL... Legally I don't think DIAA has a stance to deny them. In the end DIAA only has jurisdiction over DIAA to DIAA transfers...JMHO

Its not unprecedented,, A Delaware resident basketball player left Delaware and went to a Philly private to play and returned to a DE tech school and played without penalty..

Last edited:
I have no issue with the kids enrolling in the school. Participating in athletics is a different story . Especially football .

I have no issue with the kids enrolling in the school. Participating in athletics is a different story . Especially football .

huh? how does the sport change anything? DIAA is just an athletic association that rules over all DIAA member schools athletics .. No sport is any different than the others.. DIAA only has jurisdiction over other DIAA member schools athletics,, DIAA cant deny these kids no more than they could deny the Baltimore kids that transferred to Dover HS.. Legally speaking..

Your speaking from emotion and a fans point of view... Most states have zip code zones that a kid must attend if not going to a private or charter... If the kid lives in that zone then no matter what if they leave or come back they can play for that school if they are in good academic standing.. DE has school choice so its complicated but from what I have seen if a kid is legally enrolled in a public DE school they can play if academically qualified,, Same as it is in other states without school choice.. Iv'e know kids in Md that have moved residence 3 times and played for 3 different teams in one season.. Its not about the football team its about the kid being a legal registered student and participating in extracurricular activities if qualified. whether it be band, chorus or football

Football is king. Everyone knows that. Should be treated differently.

Starts a bad precedent. That's all I'm saying.

no you're right DIAA has been clueless for years. Football should be treated differently. It's the only sport that schools can make any money off of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT