ADVERTISEMENT

ECA

lol Eagles Control.. I know you know more than what you let on... care to elaborate? you know for the book..haha

I think everybody saw this coming. With the word out I wonder if they will even finish their schedule? How will the MPSSAA handle this?

MPSSAA will handle it the same way as DIAA I assume... The kids will enroll and initially be eligible per the transfer being a result of sending school closing... The issue will be when 1st quarter grades come out.. I assume most of them will get incomplete.. The other issue is a bunch of those kids reclassified to a lower grade.. Md allows 4 years of playing HS but allows 5th year player to play IF they didnt play one year.. DE you get 4 consecutive years once entering HS period.. Some of these kids will not be eligible as 5th year players their SR year

This is all also assuming that Connections Academy will release transcripts with money being owed...

Last edited:
I just checked on Max Preps and they just played last week......???
Next game isn't scheduled until 10/31

That's actually an old schedule for them, they added several games that they got lined up in the past two weeks. Here's their full remaining schedule:

Week 7 (10/16)- at Steubenville (OH)
Week 8 (10/23)- at Avalon
Week 9 (10/30)- IMG Academy (FL) (at University of Maryland)
Week 10 (11/6)- at Saint Peter's Prep (NJ)
Week 11 (11/14)- at Penn Wood (PA)
Turkey Bowl (11/26)- at Saint Frances

These games were all also added to the schedule page of their website, the only part of their website that's been updated since May.

I guess we'll know if they're done for sure if they show up in Ohio on Friday night.

Eagles the Steubenville game nor the Avalon game is on either of those two schools websites.. I am pretty sure at this point the plug is pulled... The cats out of the bag that there is no school no way they try and play games now..

Reactions: eagle control
lol Eagles Control.. I know you know more than what you let on... care to elaborate? you know for the book..haha
Eagles the Steubenville game nor the Avalon game is on either of those two schools websites.. I am pretty sure at this point the plug is pulled... The cats out of the bag that there is no school no way they try and play games now..
These kids need to start school this week

A few weeks ago I posted that I have been hearing bad things about Sills' business practices for years. I have never heard his side of the stories but there are several small contractors who claim he dealt with them unfairly and took their money. Some pretty big players say the same thing. It is possible if these things are true and you connect the dots a lot of the football facilities "he" built at RCA were done with other people's money.

This ran in the NJ a few weeks ago...http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ill-pay-rocks-rolling-stone-balloon/73042504/

BT it is interesting this is all happening a couple week after this lawsuit.. you may be on to something

EAGLES CONTROL... What authority?.... Delaware kids going to school in MD... who has the authority? I get they were holding out hope they could come up with the money to pay the online provider.. Or even praying a donor came out of nowhere and fixed it.. But reality is reality and faith doesn't work like that....

EAGLES CONTROL... What authority?.... Delaware kids going to school in MD... who has the authority? I get they were holding out hope they could come up with the money to pay the online provider.. Or even praying a donor came out of nowhere and fixed it.. But reality is reality and faith doesn't work like that....
50 or so kids were basically pulled out of school after Betters stepped in and said enough. Perhaps the parents and Red Lion can reconcile for the benefit of the STUDENTS

50 or so kids basically pulled out of school after Betters stepped in and said enough. Any chance of a reconciliation with Red Lion might be the best bet for these STUDENTS

No. There are less than a handfull of former red lion kids currently at eca. I doubt any of them would consider red lion.

No. There are less than a handfull of former red lion kids currently at eca. I doubt any of them would consider red lion.
Well hopefully they can start their studies very soon wether it be at ECA or elsewhere. Football can be set aside for the time being. In October and zero class activity is shockingly irresponsible

BT it is interesting this is all happening a couple week after this lawsuit.. you may be on to something

I think it is important to point out I've heard things from people who say they've been hurt by Sills' business practice while acknowledging I do not know his side of the story. Having said that there could be a much bigger story about a project in Dewey Beach with similar bad practices and "lost" money. There's more.

funny part is diaa rule states from sending school//......eca had no school...so do rules apply???

My question about what MPSSAA would was more along the lines of know that the word is out that there are no classes taking place will MPSSAA pull the plug on their associate membership? Then those other teams would have to drop then or face sanctions from their own state association.

I cannot say I am shocked by any of this....but it is shocking. Where is Chris Barrish when you need him? And I hope that Sills (Daddy) receives all the attention he strived for now that this has come full circle......this video is just a taste that provides some real life feel good stuff yet can also make you puke!

ESPN Presents
E:60 The Rise/Fall/Rise and Fall.......

Narrated by Bummy

Last edited:
I cannot say I am shocked by any of this....but it is shocking. Where is Chris Barrish when you need him? And I hope that Sills (Daddy) receives all the attention he strived for now that this has come full circle......this video is just a taste that provides some real life feel good stuff yet can also make you puke!

ESPN Presents
E:60 The Rise/Fall/Rise and Fall.......

Narrated by Bummy
Wonder why the Days left the ministry?

Reactions: bsfilter
Sills is a guy who thinks he's better than everyone else. When times get tough he'll play the Jesus card. Complete and total fraud. Most of us never bought his bs anyway and saw all this coming years ago.

Reactions: FlyersFan74
...Apparently the school is clo

My question about what MPSSAA would was more along the lines of know that the word is out that there are no classes taking place will MPSSAA pull the plug on their associate membership? Then those other teams would have to drop then or face sanctions from their own state association.

There is no Associate Membership... Privates and Publics are completely separate in Maryland. What Maryland (MPSSAA) has is an "approved to play list". The list was created to give blanket approval for Maryland Public and Privates whom want to play each other so they didn't have sanction every game individually

..For a Private to be on the list they simply have to send in a form and sign off that you adhere to a certain set of standards... Initially MPSSAA refused to put them on the list simply because they (ECA) had no public schools on their schedule so it wasn't necessary for them to be on it.. Eventually they went ahead and put them on it as it wasn't worth the fight as it really doesn't mean anything as far a being sanctioned or a member of the association.

Technically ECA is Independent.. Some state associations accepted the MPSSA approved to play list and signed off on their games but many states do not because ECA is not state or NFHS sanctioned..

Schools like Gilman and Calvert Hall are sanctioned through their own association the MIAA but they are not NFHS members hence can't play in states whom associations require NFHS member ship to play.. Like FLA

Last edited:
Quote from a Maryland educator on a different forum

"Some of these kids are having trouble enrolling in a school because their online transcript says they graduated even though they are not college ready or for that matter ready for anything. Sucks for the kids but the lesson is if something sounds to good to bee true.....it usually is!"

Reactions: Jawnsky
The saga continues.. based on posts on the Baltimore boards and tweets from the players they are still playing Friday at least.. no comments on if Connections is back on though.. this is getting strange lol

The saga continues.. based on posts on the Baltimore boards and tweets from the players they are still playing Friday at least.. no comments on if Connections is back on though.. this is getting strange lol

So if this is true, no kid that was enrolled at the school in the beginning of the season should be playing in the DIAA right now. Unless of course they were granted a waiver.

one of the best post on the Baltimore board was a ECA parent or at least a relative (whom obviously doesnt understand how online schooling works) posting this yesterday

"The season is on. The students only missed 2-3 weeks of class and during that time they were downloading software for their work. Their season was never threaten."

Um guy its not 1992 .. lol

Last edited:
All kidding and sports aside, time these kids get back to normal High School life. It's a time to remember and cherish.

yes of course and actually I am over it.... The ones that got out and and are working on getting caught up good for them.. They ones staying and playing knowing the deal well I have no sympathy for them they will get what ever happens to them and pretty much would deserve it..Rolling the dice at this point

Actually if I truly thought the money would go to the schooling aspect and getting it up in running for the kids that don't have options I would donate something but I fear the money would be used to finance another football trip.. Not that I would have allot to give but thats not the point

Last edited:
one of the best post on the Baltimore board was a ECA parent or at least a relative (whom obviously doesnt understand how online schooling works) posting this yesterday

"The season is on. The students only missed 2-3 weeks of class and during that time they were downloading software for their work. Their season was never threaten."

Um guy its not 1992 .. lol
They must still be using dial up.

Who is footing the bill for the football teams travels?

FOF that is the point that had me aggravated... I am sure they are getting some money from the host teams but it would have been more prudent to make sure the school was back online rather than travel around to games. would it not? .. Obviously playing the football games held more importance than getting the schooling back online.. I don't know any other way to look at it.. am I wrong?

According to the same prominent ECA poster from the National forum who said the schools was done within two weeks now says

"Ok so tve is that all is good at the school, and has been for the past few weeks now. Some kids left but that is it.
The school is accredited and kids have been in classes."

The bill got paid and they say only 5 kids left.. 3 starters

also per the Steubenville game

this from a Steubenville guy

"There was serious discussion about having this game and it nearly came off, but it was ultimately decided to just leave the week empty. For those assuming that playing this team would have been a glorified scrimmage with reserves and freshmen seeing the bulk of the game, that almost certainly would not have been the case. Yes, it's true that they're 1-4 and classify as a small school, but every kid at this "school" plays football... and they play as demanding a schedule as any high school team in the country.

Their win was against the #1 ranked team in New Jersey in their classification. They've already played Country Day, Gilman and at the end of this month they play what was the top ranked team in the country at the start of the season (IMG Academy in Sarasota, FL).

It's also a "virtual" school, with no physical buildings. All courses are taken online.

That's part of the reason we decided against playing them. It's about as unconventional a "school" as has ever existed. I guess it was decided that it was best just to leave well enough alone and play the 9 games. I doubt there is any "scrimmage" or the like this week in its place."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT