ADVERTISEMENT

First freight train at Baynard

I agree with you but do you really agree with those theories?

Losing the LOS?

Giving up tons of yardage?

Blocking is just getting in the defenders way?

I realize the game changes and evolves but those theories don't hold water with me. When the spread is going good it looks great but when it goes bad it's a disaster. Smyrna QB is the best I've seen this season for sure.

I guess we'll see today and maybe next week.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
and in the end Smyrna is forced to go old school after the injury to Nolan and runs WP over.. crazy game..kudos to Smyrna s coaching staff for having a back up plan and kudos to Knight for beinge ready to take the team on his back and make it happen

Last edited:
Impressive because they are winning the LOS on both sides. Smyrna defense has been awesome.

Hate to see injuries but the injury to Henderson made them go to Knight. He's in beast mode.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
There is no rule stating that you have to take a knee during an injury and in my opinion it's not necessary at all.
Apparently taking a knee when a player is injured on the field is taken a bit more seriously by the casual fan than the those that are more educated and the professionals that lead the teams. I'm not familiar with the protocol but witnessed the outrage of fans the second day in row when the opposing team did not comply with this unwritten rule. Smyrna fans could be heard clear across the field commenting about what was perceived as a display of disrespect by the WP team when their quarterback went down.

Apparently taking a knee when a player is injured on the field is taken a bit more seriously by the casual fan than the those that are more educated and the professionals that lead the teams. I'm not familiar with the protocol but witnessed the outrage of fans the second day in row when the opposing team did not comply with this unwritten rule. Smyrna fans could be heard clear across the field commenting about what was perceived as a display of disrespect by the WP team when their quarterback went down.

I've gone to a lot of games and I never noticed that was expected behavior. I did hear some Sal's fans complaining but did not think it was an issue.

Chesdel was shouting obscenities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT