ADVERTISEMENT

First freight train at Baynard

Hey Gents, it was a Helluva good game and a good year for the Cavs. To play like that in that environment was great for both teams. I believe you guys could be a little less critical of a kid who just played his last football game.

Not sure making statements about a kid being horrible has any place on a message board . He's a kid. Aren't we adults?

He struggled that's for sure. Tough position to play.

Both those offenses are all about running the ball. Almost mirrors of each other.

Reactions: runningman12001
Hell of a game!!! My boys came up 2 inches short! Unfortunate for Sals QB, wish him well speedy recovery. If theres any consolation for MT fans, Datillo re broke leg early 4th qtr , air splinted up and played rest of game!! He would of been out next week! Wish him well, he's one of a player!

Hell of a game!!! My boys came up 2 inches short! Unfortunate for Sals QB, wish him well speedy recovery. If theres any consolation for MT fans, Datillo re broke leg early 4th qtr , air splinted up and played rest of game!! He would of been out next week! Wish him well, he's one of a player!
Good thing he didn't have a concussion. Why would they let a ... Never mind.

Is there an unwritten rule that states players (on field & sidelines) should drop to one knee when a player goes down on the field? Sals fans were infuriated that the Cavs did not abide by this rule when the QB went down.

With Sals QB out (hope for a speedy recovery, never want to see that) does that make next weeks game WP or Smyrna's game to lose? Or does it become the reeder show.

Sals late hit on top... MT is in great position.. never mind that that Datillo goes in .. Reeder blocks his 6th extra ponit attempt this year 21-21

I've taken note of how many kicks Reeder has blocked this year. He really excels in so many aspects of the game that sometimes go unnoticed.

On some of their placekicks Middletown had a blocker behind the line of scrimmage - like you expect to see on a punt. Teams really have to account him whenever he is on the field...which is the entire game.

Reactions: spartakos
A great high school football game. It is said that good football teams play their best with their backs to the wall and that was the case last night. The Sals survived five 15 yard penalties, two crushing fumbles, the loss of their starting quarterback, and a determined MT team to come out on top. MT played hard and well. They just came up a yard short.

A great high school football game. It is said that good football teams play their best with their backs to the wall and that was the case last night. The Sals survived five 15 yard penalties, two crushing fumbles, the loss of their starting quarterback, and a determined MT team to come out on top. MT played hard and well. They just came up a yard short.

It was a great game where nobody let up on either team. I felt Sallies defensive line was the difference. They dominated the second half. Myers had Middletown with only 112 total yards - only 50 in the second half.

Middletown didn't drop to a knee or go check on two players down after last play. Shameful show
Hey Eagle Control, just so you know, Coach DiNardo heard a few Sallies fans saying the same thing and yelled up to the stands to knock it off, that it had nothing to do with disrespect. Also, if you remember, Coach D came over and wished the kid well when he was being wheeled out. You're making something out of nothing.

Sals D line was the difference absolutely!!! Ball was stop 2 inches shy! Not sure why MT didn't go hurry up at the end to keep Sals on their heels? MT completed 1 pass 73 yard INT which was game changer!! Reeder and Datillo were fun to watch as a Fan, man they run hard! Good luck to Sals, again wishing both Sals QB and Datillo speedy recovery, a shame to end your HS career with an injury!

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Hey Eagle Control, just so you know, Coach DiNardo heard a few Sallies fans saying the same thing and yelled up to the stands to knock it off, that it had nothing to do with disrespect. Also, if you remember, Coach D came over and wished the kid well when he was being wheeled out. You're making something out of nothing.

And I suppose it was the whole stadiums imagination when they heard some idiot ring a cow bell with Cannon down and being attended to. Stay classy MT fans.

wow really? That sucks. also explains why they didn't go to him the last play.. For whats its worth I have enjoyed watching him play the last few weeks..My kind of player

Last edited:
I was talking about two Middletown players down at end of game. Whitehead was one of them very slow getting up and then went down again.

Is there an unwritten rule that states players (on field & sidelines) should drop to one knee when a player goes down on the field? Sals fans were infuriated that the Cavs did not abide by this rule when the QB went down.

That is more of a rec league thing that has carried over to HS football.. also its regional to the Northeast.. If you notice it doesnt happen in the NFL or College..

Reactions: runningman12001

Sals had the best player on the field.. That is really what it came down to.

It will be interesting to see how the Soph handles the big stage next week.. If its vs Penn its pretty much handle the snap and hand it off cleanly.. If its vs Smyrna they could find themselves behind early and have to make plays via the air.. well unless Reeder runs for 400 again which I don't think will happen.. Even with Reeders performance Cannon did have to make plays to keep pace

There is no rule stating that you have to take a knee during an injury and in my opinion it's not necessary at all.

actually it makes no sense.. Yeah I get showing respect and all but its not like the player died.. I also doubt the injured player would care less what the others are doing... More likely the injured player would rather his team and coaches take the time to coach up and win the game using his injury as fuel for the fire

If its a Sals vs Eagles final, Smyrna wins unless Reeder can match that 7 TD/400 Yd effort (not saying he will need 7 again etc but, it will def be all on him.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I don't think the Sals game plan changes much. Get Reeder the ball. Period.

If they play Smyrna next week Reeder goes for 200 plus.

You can learn a lot by playing a team twice in a season, especially one with a different offensive scheme. Good coaches get to be that way for a reason. People will always look to Reeder but neglect Jerome. Jerome could be an all Conference player in the BHC.

wow really? That sucks. also explains why they didn't go to him the last play.. For whats its worth I have enjoyed watching him play the last few weeks..My kind of player
They did unfortunately he couldn't get it, would of been a story book ending for the kid!! I'm very close to family he is a amazing kid, he refused to come out of game! He left nothing left in the tank for sure!!

Reactions: ravensrooster2
You can learn a lot by playing a team twice in a season, especially one with a different offensive scheme. Good coaches get to be that way for a reason. People will always look to Reeder but neglect Jerome. Jerome could be an all Conference player in the BHC.

Jerome has killed it on the FB trap all year.. and like you said he is the counter to teams chasing Reeder... I still think a play action passing threat has to be a option as well.. Cannon made those plays when needed...

Smyrna loaded the box in the 1st game and he went for 400. Hell everyone loads the box against Sallies. 2nd game wouldnt be any different. Sallies front will dominate. Smyrna will probably lose today because they won't win the line of scrimmage against Penn.

Smyrna loaded the box in the 1st game and he went for 400. Hell everyone loads the box against Sallies. 2nd game wouldnt be any different. Sallies front will dominate. Smyrna will probably lose today because they won't win the line of scrimmage against Penn.

Winning the LOS is not necessary for their O... yeah defensively they will lose the LOS and give up tons of yardage.. Offensively the line is pretty much taken out of the equation.. Its just getting the ball in space quickly

You can't win big games when you "lose the LOS and give up tons of yardage".

It is necessary to win the LOS offensively to run the ball. If the Smyrna run game is held in check they're screwed.

Oregon has been living by that theory for years. Until they get punched in the mouth.

Smyrna's run game is predicated on running vs a nickle D which you have to do vs them.. They only zone block which is essentially just getting in the defenders way.. Pass setting up the run.. Oregon and the teams they play have top notch athletes and coaching to defend them not so much for DE HSFB.. Not saying Smyrna has those athletes either but they have a QB that knows how to run it

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT