ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Lights Week 6 Scores

If AI had a qb they win this,, as I say this St E fumbles,, this game should't even be close..

TD AI 28-21 AI... why the hell did the St E OC scrap the I and running up the gut three strait series and score to go to side to side wing T plays as well as trying to throw from spread since then thats crazy

AI 34 St E 21... not much too say got to give credit to AI 's coaches whom I criticized but they got those boys to execute after half when they looked lost in the first half.. St E coaches just got schooled no way St E's should not have run away with this game with their size and athlete advantage.

Why are the announcers saying this game keeps AI in the playoff hunt.. are they stupid?.. why did I ask that question of course they are they say stupid crap all the time...

Last edited:
Jeffrey Taviano ‏@JeffreyTaviano 2m2 minutes ago
Fun Fact. With Caravel's win, Delaware schools are now 12-10 vs. out of state opponents. 5-7 (Md.), 5-3 (Pa.) 1-0 (N.J.), 1-0 (Va.) #delhs

Its not that fun of a fact.. you have to look at the caliber of the OOS teams.. SPL plays weak ass PA teams like Georges , Perkiomen or whomever all the time. The MD schools on the schedule kind of suck as well.. Elkton might be the best OOS school on anyones schedule this year sans Sallies schedule of Father Judge but Judge aint much either

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Milford put together a 70yd td drive consuming over 5 mins. 2pt conversion. Milford 44-25. 44 sec remaining

RR2 - pretty sure forward pass interference should only be called in the area of the field where the forward pass is thrown - anywhere else on the field where illegal contact is made while the ball is in the air should be called as holding, illegal use of hands, or as a personal foul...

Jeffrey Taviano ‏@JeffreyTaviano 2m2 minutes ago
Fun Fact. With Caravel's win, Delaware schools are now 12-10 vs. out of state opponents. 5-7 (Md.), 5-3 (Pa.) 1-0 (N.J.), 1-0 (Va.) #delhs

Its not that fun of a fact.. you have to look at the caliber of the OOS teams.. SPL plays weak ass PA teams like Georges , Perkiomen or whomever all the time. The MD schools on the schedule kind of suck as well.. Elkton might be the best OOS school on anyones schedule this year sans Sallies schedule of Father Judge but Judge aint much either

Queen Anne's isn't a bad team.

Don't U have to be up early to watch some Philly Private action?

Nah, I tend to do as little as possible on Saturdays. Working real job hours takes its toll. Right now though, due to the circumstances, I am spending weekends in good old Seaford.

Usually do it from my house, but can go to Harrington if you would like. They usually do an all you can eat thing there. Here, we can drink the Bushmills 16. There works as well, just let me know.

QUOTE="ravensrooster2, post: 90771, member: 978"]also true but I knot think a DE beat them if I remember correctly[/QUOTE]
Nobody in DE beat them...

RR2 - pretty sure forward pass interference should only be called in the area of the field where the forward pass is thrown - anywhere else on the field where illegal contact is made while the ball is in the air should be called as holding, illegal use of hands, or as a personal foul...

I True I was being simplistic but yes contact away from the intended receiver after the ball is in the air pass the LOS its usually called holding or illegal use of hand or a personall foul .. here is a good explanation of the rule

Pass interference rules vary between NFL, NCAA, and NFHS rules in regards to enforcement and definition. For example, for NCAA, the pass has to be "catchable" and there is has to be contact, whereas in high school, it does not have to be catchable and face guarding is a foul. I often hear coaches in high school games complaining that the pass was not catchable. That is an NCAA rule, not high school. To simplify the definition, we will only discuss the High School rule.

1. Interfering with the receiver's ( or defender's) attempt to catch a forward pass that is beyond the line of scrimmage, or face guarding ( putting hands in the face of the receiver ,or defender) in order to prevent seeing the pass, is a foul.

Both offense and defense have a right to the ball. Pass Interference restrictions end when the pass is touched by a defensive player or a eligible offensive receiver.

( Penalty is 15 yards, automatic 1st down for defensive P.I. 15 yards, loss of down for offensive P.I.)

Determining whether the contact is illegal is a judgment call. Some factors that need to be considered when determining whether P.I. has occurred are:

1. Was the offender playing the man or attempting to catch the ball. Contact that is incidental or unavoidable during both players attempting to catch the ball is NOT interference. If I see a defender contacting the receiver before the pass arrives, with his back to the ball, my flag is coming out.

2. The defender went through the receiver to deflect the pass. In this case, the defender had to contact the receiver before he could get to the ball.

3. Like the block/charge rule in basketball, I look at the play from an advantage/disadvantage point of view.

4. Was the pass forward and beyond the line of scrimmage. It is common to see contact before the catch on screen passes. If the pass does NOT cross the line of scrimmage, it can't be pass interference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccwfl
from the NFHS rule book

It is forward-pass interference if any player of A or B who is beyond the neutral zone interferes (to interpose in a way that hinders or impedes: come into collision) with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass or hinders an opponent’s vision with out making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made. There is no “5-yard bump and run” rule in High School Football. The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. Both receiver and defender have the right to catch the ball. An offensive receiver on his line may contact the defender across the line from them but, contact must terminate before traveling more than 2 yards down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. Offensive receivers need to avoid contact with all defensive players as defenders are eligible receivers also. Any blocking down field by an offensive player is Offensive Pass interference if the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. A defensive player must avoid contact with a receiver who is no longer a potential blocker. So a receiver is a potential blocker until there is a pass. A defender can contact an offensive receiver until the ball is thrown. All plays are running plays until the ball is passed. Pass interference on the defense can only happen in the area of the field where the ball is thrown. Anywhere else on the field the contact with an eligible receiver is Illegal use of hands, holding or a personal foul. Incidental and unavoidable contact is not a foul. If a defender and receiver get their feet tangled, it is not a foul. If players are backing up to position them selves to catch a pass and bump into an eligible receiver, is not a foul. Use good judgment in determining if contact impeded or prevented a receiver or defender from moving toward, catching, intercepting or batting the ball.

Reactions: ccwfl
from the NFHS rule book

It is forward-pass interference if any player of A or B who is beyond the neutral zone interferes (to interpose in a way that hinders or impedes: come into collision) with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass or hinders an opponent’s vision with out making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made. There is no “5-yard bump and run” rule in High School Football. The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. Both receiver and defender have the right to catch the ball. An offensive receiver on his line may contact the defender across the line from them but, contact must terminate before traveling more than 2 yards down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. Offensive receivers need to avoid contact with all defensive players as defenders are eligible receivers also. Any blocking down field by an offensive player is Offensive Pass interference if the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. A defensive player must avoid contact with a receiver who is no longer a potential blocker. So a receiver is a potential blocker until there is a pass. A defender can contact an offensive receiver until the ball is thrown. All plays are running plays until the ball is passed. Pass interference on the defense can only happen in the area of the field where the ball is thrown. Anywhere else on the field the contact with an eligible receiver is Illegal use of hands, holding or a personal foul. Incidental and unavoidable contact is not a foul. If a defender and receiver get their feet tangled, it is not a foul. If players are backing up to position them selves to catch a pass and bump into an eligible receiver, is not a foul. Use good judgment in determining if contact impeded or prevented a receiver or defender from moving toward, catching, intercepting or batting the ball.
Wats your thoughts on Cape vs Caravel next week... Must win for Caravel....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT