ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Lights Week 6 Scores

true... who played them? just curious,, I know Elkton lost to them I believe
Sussex Central played Queen Annes and beat them 29-14.

SC also played Interboro - who is 8-1 and lost to them in a tight game.

Oakdale beat Cape Henlopen -

It is fair to say those are the best OOS opponents that anyone in Delaware has played this year.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Sussex Central played Queen Annes and beat them 29-14.

SC also played Interboro - who is 8-1 and lost to them in a tight game.

Oakdale beat Cape Henlopen -

It is fair to say those are the best OOS opponents that anyone in Delaware has played this year.
Central and Cape are going to get some must Needed bonus pionts

Queen Annes is a good team for 1A in Md but not a contender for a title or semi final.. 1A in Md is overall pretty bad QA is the equivalent of a Hen South team having a good year

raven. What is the level of play of schools like Calvert Hall and Loyola. What Catholic Schools in the Baltimore area are like in the same mold as Salesianum? or a Phila Catholic League team.

raven. What is the level of play of schools like Calvert Hall and Loyola. What Catholic Schools in the Baltimore area are like in the same mold as Salesianum?

Calvert Hall and Loyola are right there with Sallies.. The last couple of years the football programs at those schools ousted the recruiters and went back to their roots as fine and elite academic institutions who want to be competitive in the MIAA but no concern for National rankings.. Even Gilman sent Poggi packing and Gilman is on par with those schools now football wise.. Its funny when Poggi and the money train left last year 30+ football players transferred out.. Guess they weren't there for the fine education, sound familiar? St Frances on the other hand(where Poggi and McGreggor went) is trying to build a national powerhouse but word is they will be out of the MIAA next year and go INDY .. would be a good game for Sals to schedule any MIAA team going forward .. The WCAC on the other hand is a different story..

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesdel
Queen Annes is a good team for 1A in Md but not a contender for a title or semi final.. 1A in Md is overall pretty bad QA is the equivalent of a Hen South team having a good year

Queen Anne's is a 2A school - usually the top seed in 2A east. This year could be different as Kent island and north Caroline are also very good. Having seen them play - they are equal to a cape/D.C./concord/Penn this year. As an example - Kent island beat elkton easily-

Queen Anne's is a 2A school - usually the top seed in 2A east. This year could be different as Kent island and north Caroline are also very good. Having seen them play - they are equal to a cape/D.C./concord/Penn this year. As an example - Kent island beat elkton easily-

your right .. I often get get confused with those eastern shore teams.. I was thinking of Kent Island not QA.. did Kent Island get bumped to 2A? I thought they were the team that took Elkton out of the play-offs last year? To me Md Eastern shore teams are just an extension of southern DE teams its all the same to me and same demo's

Calvert Hall and Loyola are right there with Sallies.. The last couple of years the football programs at those schools ousted the recruiters and went back to their roots as fine and elite academic institutions who want to be competitive in the MIAA but no concern for National rankings.. Even Gilman sent Poggi packing and Gilman is on par with those schools now football wise.. Its funny when Poggi and the money train left last year 30+ football players transferred out.. Guess they weren't there for the fine education, sound familiar? St Frances on the other hand(where Poggi and McGreggor went) is trying to build a national powerhouse but word is they will be out of the MIAA next year and go INDY .. would be a good game for Sals to schedule any MIAA team going forward .. The WCAC on the other hand is a different story..

Thanks for the informed opinion. I have a friend who assumed a leadership position last year at one of the Catholic schools you mentioned. Also, the Big S used to scrimmage Loyola on annual basis years ago but I don't recall any of the schools you've mentioned being on the Big S regular season football schedule.

Never mind I see Elkton is 2A.. was thinking they were 1A ,, not sure why I thought all CC schools were 1A,, must be remembering the Perryville team who lost in the 1A ship to Dunbar

Thanks for the informed opinion. I have a friend who assumed a leadership position last year at one of the Catholic schools you mentioned. Also, the Big S used to scrimmage Loyola on annual basis years ago but I don't recall any of the schools you've mentioned being on the Big S regular season football schedule.
they should be IMO especially Loyola or Calvert Hall.. Spalding, MSJ and ST Frances are still recruiting and offering scholly's while lowering entrance requirements .. but that is going to change soon

Thank you for the informed post.. I really don't follow or know much about that area my focus is on the MIAA northeastern MD.. My apologies to the forum for posting as an uninformed poster.. I am ashamed of myself. I usually do better research before popping off.. I do appreciate Art's knowledge of the area.. This is not me being sarcastic

true... who played them? just curious,, I know Elkton lost to them I believe

Sussex Central beat them by two touchdowns in its third game of the season. Queen Anne's only loss of the season so far. I think they are 7-1. Of course, they have North Caroline and Kent Island left. Both are pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT