ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores

Thoughts
--D2 goes through Woodbridge don't put too much stock in 1 bad game
-- Sussex tech?what the heck is going on there?
-- William penn,you have the most kids in the state,no excuses
--CR which team will show up?
--is Mckean still have a team?

Agreed on Woodbridge. Sussex Tech has no discipline and it shows. Penn might have the most kids, but they're not keeping the BEST kids anymore. If CR can beat Central, then the bottom half of the D1 bracket gets even tighter. McKean and Dickinson might as well merge.

Howard's Lance Williams 1yd Plunge - Howard 22, AI 7 - 4:18 3q

AI more weak schedule D2 fools gold

RR... been saying that about AI since week 3. We’ll be lucky if we can g t a good D3 matchup like between teams like Caravel, Woodbridge, Friends it St. Marks.

VOR no SPL or DSC team will make the final.. It will be Caravel vs the best Hen South team,, unless Howard puts on a run but St Marks is a wild card

Why does D2 go through Woodbridge? They got thoroughly beat by a better team in Milford..Bad game my ass .. Woodbridge lost some studs from last year they are not the same team.. Who has WB beaten this year Friends? give me a break
Defending champs
Milford is a decent team,and bridge played horrible
Cape stinks and Milford struggled with them
It's high school football

Cape and Milford are rivals and always tends to be a tight ball game with them. Additionally, you have Milford's former coach Mike Tkach now as an assistant at Cape. Ikey mentioned all week to look for a possible letdown by the Bucs. I wasn't there to see it so I don't know how they played in comparison. listened to much of the 4th qtr on ESPN930.com.

Nonetheless at 5-2 with 2 D1 wins its a big feather in their cap from a points perspective. Now just have to keep their foot on the gas and finish strong with IR next week, Delmar, and then Lake Forest.

Defending champs
Milford is a decent team,and bridge played horrible
Cape stinks and Milford struggled with them
It's high school football

Bridge got their ass beat by a better team.. No Styles, No Flamer, No Riddick , No Vessels... its a different team,, decent team but not the same

ON the OOS vibe

Franklin lost again to freaking Perry Hall and Howard is blowing out another team.. I guess caravel wins the playing the best OOS team and toughest OOS schedule lol

Buzby has Caravel ranked 10 and dismissed them as any kind of contender lol dude has no clue and like I said clown show do some research guy,, Another pencil pusher ranking teams based on record but has no clue as to the OOS schedule and as it pertains to the teams they played also how it relates to DE teams. That and he has always been a CA hater yeah CA got lucky to beat St Mark 40-7 must have played the game of their lives lol

Last edited:
Buzby has Caravel ranked 10 and dismissed them as any kind of contender lol dude has no clue and like I said clown show do some research guy,, Another pencil pusher ranking team based on record but has no clue as ti the teams they played as it related to DE teams. That and he has always been a CA hater

RR... I agree with you about Caravel being a contender but the still need to finish. I think they should beat Glasgow but if they lose. That’s 6-4 with hoping other teams do there job. They could finish 6-4 and on get 4 bonus points from Glasgow, Howard And Edmonson. 4 bonus points is just substitute to a 7-3 team with no bonus points and miss playoffs

Buzby has Caravel ranked 10 and dismissed them as any kind of contender lol dude has no clue and like I said clown show do some research guy,, Another pencil pusher ranking teams based on record but has no clue as to the OOS schedule and as it pertains to the teams they played also how it relates to DE teams. That and he has always been a CA hater yeah CA got lucky to beat St Mark 40-7 must have played the game of their lives lol
gotta look no further than that St. Marks game to see Caravel is a legit contender.

Embiid is terrible on offense tonight but at least he's d'ing up and crashing the boards. It just looks so easy for Ben Simmons out there.

I am starting to think Imbed has an ego/attitude problem based on his interviews tonight even though his pitiful offensive game actually cost the Sixers the game.. How is he going to react when Simmons is the star and toast of the town and he is second fiddle? which is going to happen,,

Last edited:
RR... I agree with you about Caravel being a contender but the still need to finish. I think they should beat Glasgow but if they lose. That’s 6-4 with hoping other teams do there job. They could finish 6-4 and on get 4 bonus points from Glasgow, Howard And Edmonson. 4 bonus points is just substitute to a 7-3 team with no bonus points and miss playoffs

CA wont lose to Glasgow,, but even if they did they would have 7-9 bonus pts and all the tie breaks except vs Glasgow HtoH if they lose

Caravel poss bonus points
Edmonson-WS 6-1 (still has to play Dunbar and Mervo both tough games) 1 poss 2
St Marks 5-1 (DMA, WB, St E,Sals) pos 1
Central 5-1 ( poly,Cape,CR,IR) 2pts
Archmere 3-3 ( St E, RLCA, Charter, FSMA) poss 1
Howard(md) 2 pts
Glasgow 4-2 ( Mt P, Cristiana, CA, Howard) poss 1

7 to 9

To break it down Edmonson has a easy win this week so they will get 7 but i dont think they will beat Dunbar and Mervo to get 9 so that is 1 in the bag. St Marks will win 2 vs DMA ,and St E so thats 2, Central beat Poly so they will be 9-1 Thats 4 , Archmere will win out so thats 5, Howard will be 10-o so thats 7

7pts in the bag the wild cards are Glasgow they would have to beat CA or Howard to get to 7 wins not going to happen,, or St Marks beats DMA , WB and St E which could happen
So its 7 or 8 realistically

Last edited:
Cape and Milford are rivals and always tends to be a tight ball game with them. Additionally, you have Milford's former coach Mike Tkach now as an assistant at Cape. Ikey mentioned all week to look for a possible letdown by the Bucs. I wasn't there to see it so I don't know how they played in comparison. listened to much of the 4th qtr on ESPN930.com.
Nonetheless at 5-2 with 2 D1 wins its a big feather in their cap from a points perspective. Now just have to keep their foot on the gas and finish strong with IR next week, Delmar, and then Lake Forest.
It was very tense at Briggs stadium tonight, where a lot of things came together. Mike Tkach was already mentioned, but I want to talk about another Tkach, Patrick. He was a force on defense for Cape tonight and played a fantastic game. Cape defense was solid for the majority of the evening, while Cape gave up a touchdown drive to open up the second half, Cape responded and closed the gap to 21-14 with just about 9 minutes or so remaining in the 3rd quarter.
From there the Cape defense was stout, crashing the Milford front and corralling Bowman repeatedly. Flipping field position, before enabling The Vikings to draw even at 21. Milford was able to move the ball well on the final series of regulation, but a turnover in field goal range with just 20 seconds left sent the game into overtime.
In overtime, Kolbi Wright of cape, a 6'2" beast ran right up the middle to give Cape the lead. A failed extra point would loom large.
On 4th and goal from the 2 yard line, Bowman somehow got the ball across to even the score. The PAT by Gaglione, would earn Milford the victory.
Now, on to the intersection. In the game, Bowman broke the Milford all-time TD record for the Bucs. That record was held previously by Brandon LeGrand with 54. Mike Tkach, coached both those players and he gave a gracious interview following the game.

Last edited:
CA wont lose to Glasgow,, but even if they did they would have 7-9 bonus pts and all the tie breaks except vs Glasgow HtoH they lose

Caravel poss bonus points
Edmonson-WS 6-1 (still has to play Dunbar and Mervo both tough games) 1 poss 2
St Marks 5-1 (DMA, WB, St E,Sals) pos 1
Central 5-1 ( poly,Cape,CR,IR) 2pts
Archmere 3-3 ( St E, RLCA, Charter, FSMA) poss 1
Howard(md) 2 pts
Glasgow 4-2 ( Mt P, Cristiana, CA, Howard) poss 1

7 to 9

I forgot about central but when I said 4 points I was saying
Edmonson 1pt
St. Marks very possible 0 points
Archmere 1pt but don’t fall asleep on the against St. Es they have outside skill guys and Archmere’s secondary is bad
Howard 2pts
Glasgow 0 points if Caravel beats them because they’ll lose to Howard

Those 7-9 points can disappear real quick and that’s not a far stretch to think not

7 may disappear but it will land on 6 not 4,, Still think 7 points is in the bag... point is moot though no way CA loses to Glasgow Not going to happen

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
FRIDAY'S GAMES
Howard 36
, A.I. du Pont 20, F
Caravel 30, Silver Oak (Md.) 0, F
Wilmington Charter 41, First State Military 0, F
Brandywine 2, Dickinson 0, F
Smyrna 52, Dover 21, F
Milford 28, Cape Henlopen 27, F
Appoquinimink 51, Newark 12, F
Sussex Central 29, Polytech 6, F
Caesar Rodney 15, Sussex Tech 0, F
Middletown 27, Upper Darby (Pa.) 14, F
Woodbridge 35, Lake Forest 0, F
Delmar 49, Seaford 0, F
Salesianum 35, William Penn 21, F

Looks like Howard and Slowskys are battling it out for the prestigious City Title.
Howard beats undefeated team this week.... 2 weeks ago Slowskys lose to 2-6 Father Judge.
You follow me?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Caravel is out of the playoff race. They will finish 7-3, might be the best team in D II and won't even make the playoffs because of cream puff scheduling from Friends and Conrad....gotta love the system we have that punishes teams like St. Mark's and Caravel for challenging themselves.

Reactions: eagle control
I really hope that neither Caravel or St. Mark's miss out, but if so, DIAA has to take a closer look at either the Diamond State Conference or penalizing teams for weak scheduling.

Reactions: Jawnsky
It was very tense at Briggs stadium tonight, where a lot of things came together. Mike Tkach was already mentioned, but I want to talk about another Tkach, Patrick. He was a force on defense for Cape tonight and played a fantastic game. Cape defense was solid for the majority of the evening, while Cape gave up a touchdown drive to open up the second half, Cape responded and closed the gap to 21-14 with just about 9 minutes or so remaining in the 3rd quarter.
From there the Cape defense was stout, crashing the Milford front and corralling Bowman repeatedly. Flipping field position, before enabling The Vikings to draw even at 21. Milford was able to move the ball well on the final series of regulation, but a turnover in field goal range with just 20 seconds left sent the game into overtime.
In overtime, Kolbi Wright of cape, a 6'2" beast ran right up the middle to give Cape the lead. A failed extra point would loom large.
On 4th and goal from the 2 yard line, Bowman somehow got the ball across to even the score. The PAT by Gaglione, would earn Milford the victory.
Now, on to the intersection. In the game, Bowman broke the Milford all-time TD record for the Bucs. That record was held previously by Brandon LeGrand with 54. Mike Tkach, coached both those players and he gave a gracious interview following the game.

Ikey....you’d think you were a Cape supporter after this, or bettter yet that you wish Milford still had Tkach. I understand he was the former head coach at Milford, but at the same time his last 3 seasons were all 1-9 I think? I mean he was essentially fired, “let go.”
Milford won the game and Bowman was huge yet again, but you talked more about Wright and Patrick Tkach

Reactions: FanOfTheGame51
Caravel is out of the playoff race. They will finish 7-3, might be the best team in D II and won't even make the playoffs because of cream puff scheduling from Friends and Conrad....gotta love the system we have that punishes teams like St. Mark's and Caravel for challenging themselves.

Hogwash! CA at 7-3 will have 37 or 38 pts (3.7 or 3.8) that will put them in 5th or 6th seed .. a 10-0 team who schedules all patsies would be 4.0.. A 9-1 team with all patsies would be 3.6

The point I am making is CA will get in over most the 8-2 teams with their bonus points and tie breakers

Last edited:
Bbmvp
Ikey seems to be the most critical fan of his own favorite team. Week after week he highlights a positive and overshadows it with multiple negatives, or praise to the other side. I can’t figure him out!

Bbmvp
Ikey seems to be the most critical fan of his own favorite team. Week after week he highlights a positive and overshadows it with multiple negatives, or praise to the other side. I can’t figure him out!

Ha you got that right! Pretty sure he does the milford paper and is on the sidelines too, you’d think he’d be a little more positive. No worries though, everyone has their own opinion. No love lost, just thought it was funny

Maybe Ikey has high expectations, IDK. After all, Milford did win a state title under Tkach, so the attachment might still be there. Might have a change of heart if Strickland leads this bunch to the trophy this year (and it's quite possible)

Reporters have to stay objective regardless of their feelings for a team, just mentioning

Ikey....you’d think you were a Cape supporter after this, or bettter yet that you wish Milford still had Tkach. I understand he was the former head coach at Milford, but at the same time his last 3 seasons were all 1-9 I think? I mean he was essentially fired, “let go.”
Milford won the game and Bowman was huge yet again, but you talked more about Wright and Patrick Tkach

LOL, you got me, i'm a closet Cape fan. Yes, Bowman was huge and the touchdown he scored will live on over and over again as people tell the story. I was right on the goal line and still can't believe he got across. However, nothing I said in my previous post was inaccurate. The game was tense, Milford was up against it, Tkach was solid on defense and Wright was a beast. I simply conveyed what I observed to explain why the game was so close, when many predicted an easy Milford win.

As to Bowman, I know exactly how good he is and speak with him and his father quite often.The reason I mentioned Mike Tkach at all was due to the fact that he coached Bowman and LeGrand at Milford, whose record Bowman surpassed last night. He took the time after a very emotional game to do an interview about Bowman and how happy he was for him and what kind of character he has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT