ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 1 play-off scores

Be careful how late you post Ikey there is guy's like Situation Control aka Bill Lumbergh who doesn't approve of your late night activities.. Might even look down on you because of it.,, Don't know who died and made him boss but he seems to think he is in control of what is normal and what should be.. I would check with him before you have your own thoughts and what is entertainment to you.. He has different ideas and if you disagree you are an idiot... and dumb.. He might sentence you to the gas chamber.. just fair warning
As I am an idiot and dumb, I have grown accustomed to being shamed. I honestly wanted to go to WB game last night, but work got in the way. If all goes well I will be up at Arch today, anyone with half a brain knows how to find me and are free to tell me what they think.

WOW . What a shocker, didn’t see sals avenging that beat down mtown gave them earlier in season. Congrats to them, however I think it’s HVTs championship to lose now at this point. They’re faster and better at LOS than sals .

Either them or Delmar. Wouldn't mind seeing those two in the state championship game, hopefully the brackets work out that way.
I think because Ai lost Delmar is locked in to play Woodbridge if they dodge Archmere and since Woodbridge just beat them I'd say Woodbridge is the favorite.

I’m telling you this and I promise I’ll stop after this!! Tower Hill has the best D in DII! Friends is the real deal, so is Woodbridge, Archmere or Delmar will prove themselves tomorrow. If Friends beat DMA, they beat TH and it’s anybody’s game. If Friends lose, TH wins it all!
Take that from the guy who told you before anybody TH was going to beat A.I.!

Delmar or Woodbridge will ass rape TH

Reactions: jr15
in d1 would the consensus be that the most dominant offensive player remaining is peace from dover?

I don't think you're gonna get consensus, but your statement is fair and valid. I would agree with you. I also would say it's not by a landslide. Watkins is nipping at his tail and Henry is nipping at his. So for the time being I'll agree, but he's going to have to do a little more than 9 yards against Sussex Central.

Delmar or Woodbridge will ass rape TH

We may or may not find out but I don’t be shocked by a close game versus anyone with this TH team. With them the key number is 24 if you can put over 24 against them you chances of winning increase greatly.

Hen south vs SPL final????

We may or may not find out but I don’t be shocked by a close game versus anyone with this TH team. With them the key number is 24 if you can put over 24 against them you chances of winning increase greatly.

Hen south vs SPL final????
I am just stirring the pot. Honestly have no idea but just want to see good games

D2 has produced 4 good games. Archmere and Howard just didn’t have enough to stay with Delmar and Woodbridge,TH and Friends play hard discipline football. They around going to blow many good teams out and they usually don’t beat themselves

Flight B is just not that good..whats missing is the non conference B teams that have been powers in the past.. St Marks, Caravel and St E's..You can argue tougher schedules hurt the non C teams some years but this year those three were not up to par and play-off worthy IMO.. They will be back though.. Flight B not so sure.. Hate to say it with so many choices charters and what not tuition costs could be whats bringing the private non C's down a notch.. no financial aide packages no top players its just the reality of it..

I’m trying to recruit players to st Marks but nobody is really interested . Parents don’t want to drop the $$ for tuition . That’s what is so baffling to me that 2 SPL teams are still alive . It costs a shitload of $$ to attend TH and Friends.

Look out for Conrad in the next 3-5 years . It will take time but lots of kids are going there . It’s free and I believe they are upgrading facilities .

And before anyone gets their panties in a bind I’m joking about recruiting to St Marks. I will admit though that I’m a Spartan and I’d like to see them in the mix but right now that school is operating with 520 students and half or more of that number is female .

If I’m not in slower lower next weekend I’m heading to the SPL championship game part II to check out the milfs.

yeah well look at the tuition assistance at those SPL schools.. There is a reason a certain QB and Ace pitcher left Caravel for Friends.. Point being those schools have deep coffers for financial aide.. as well as Sallies.. No sour grapes here if you have it use it..Fill the classrooms in the schools with great academics with kids from all backgrounds that can do the work.. no complaint here its good for everyone

CA,St Marks and St E doesnt have SPL money..is my point.. Those schools average financial aide award is more than these schools tuition.. They also are not full DIAA members they are Associate members and also offer merit scholarships.. They cant be full athletic scholarships per say but athletics can be part of it.. for example Tower Hill..

Q: Does Tower Hill offer athletic or merit scholarships?
Tower Hill does not offer athletic scholarships and regulations from the state athletic agency prohibits us from offering athletic scholarships. Tower Hill has some limited endowed scholarship funds for new students entering 9th Grade based on academic achievement combined with a well-rounded background in the arts, athletics, and service.

Of course these schools dont take full advantage and just build teams.. well may be St Andrews did a few years back in basketball but that got shut down quick..but it does allow them to get some pretty good smart players in there

Last edited:
fof, I agree, I think a healthy St Marks program is good for athletics in general. They have always been a school in the 302 were opposing teams circled their calendars. Hopefully they will get back to form but unfortunately it’s probably not going to happen. What a storied program they were. I know you are a proud Spartan and you should be. The good ole days are starting to fade into the rear view mirror.

St Marks and St E's need to combine IMO and the alumni needs to pony up and fill the coffers to fill the classrooms.. JMHO

Caravel does ok and is helped by having low tuition for the school it is..but they are struggling filling the classes as well with somewhat limited financial aide available,,Its kind of gotten to the point even parents who can pay full and even donate dont want to want to..especially if they think their kid can get a quality education and play for a competitive program for free..but I will put CA's college prep up against anybody.. Their kids all do real well in college..but that another story for another day.. we talking football lol

Last edited:
I don't think you're gonna get consensus, but your statement is fair and valid. I would agree with you. I also would say it's not by a landslide. Watkins is nipping at his tail and Henry is nipping at his. So for the time being I'll agree, but he's going to have to do a little more than 9 yards against Sussex Central.
Well that Dover offensive line better find a wrinkle in that front 7 of Central. Peace needs a little more time this go around. We will see if Dover improved any since week 4. Sussex hasn’t had much competition the last 8 weeks.

Well that Dover offensive line better find a wrinkle in that front 7 of Central. Peace needs a little more time this go around. We will see if Dover improved any since week 4. Sussex hasn’t had much competition the last 8 weeks.

Time? What does Peace need time for? .. Space you meant perhaps?

St Marks and St E's need to combine IMO and the alumni needs to pony up and fill the coffers to fill the classrooms.. JMHO

Caravel does ok and is helped by having low tuition for the school it is..but they are struggling filling the classes as well with somewhat limited financial aide available,,Its kind of gotten to the point even parents who can pay full and even donate dont want to want to..especially if they think their kid can get a quality education and play for a competitive program for free..but I will put CA's college prep up against anybody.. Their kids all do real well in college..but that another story for another day.. we talking football lol

Better not put up that “college prep” against Charter of Wilmington or Newark Charter - they will make CA look silly

Better not put up that “college prep” against Charter of Wilmington or Newark Charter - they will make CA look silly

not sure how you could quantify that but..ok whatever..by put up against I didn't say better and what track record does Newark Charter have? I can only go by my experience with CA and the kids that went there.Just because a Charter is harder to get into than another Charter doesnt mean they prepare kids better it does mean they pick the cream of the crop and should have better results because of that . I dont know any Wilmington Charter kids other than reputation of the school but Newark Charter? they have been a school what 4 years or so? So they only take the top 10% that test in ,,well duh those kids will do good in college ..simple math In any case all these schools have 98% or above college acceptance rates but there really is no way to measure if one school prepares kids for college better than the other. I am confident in saying my kids were just as prepared for college as they would have been going to a Charter.. CA is probably easier to get into than those schools but the results are the same..

But again were talking football and neither of those schools have a football program to speak of so why mention them? So they arent even in the conversation because no smart kid who wants to play football competitively in HS would even consider those schools

not sure how you could quantify
not sure how you could quantify that but..ok whatever..by put up against I didn't say better and what track record does Newark Charter have? I can only go by my experience with CA and the kids that went there.Just because a Charter is harder to get into than another Charter doesnt mean they prepare kids better it does mean they pick the cream of the crop and should have better results because of that . I dont know any Wilmington Charter kids other than reputation of the school but Newark Charter? they have been a school what 4 years or so? So they only take the top 10% that test in ,,well duh those kids will do good in college ..simple math In any case all these schools have 98% or above college acceptance rates but there really is no way to measure if one school prepares kids for college better than the other. I am confident in saying my kids were just as prepared for college as they would have been going to a Charter.. CA is probably easier to get into than those schools but the results are the same..

But again were talking football and neither of those schools have a football program to speak of so why mention them? So they arent even in the conversation because no smart kid who wants to play football competitively in HS would even consider those schools

that but..ok whatever..by put up against I didn't say better and what track record does Newark Charter have? I can only go by my experience with CA and the kids that went there.Just because a Charter is harder to get into than another Charter doesnt mean they prepare kids better it does mean they pick the cream of the crop and should have better results because of that . I dont know any Wilmington Charter kids other than reputation of the school but Newark Charter? they have been a school what 4 years or so? So they only take the top 10% that test in ,,well duh those kids will do good in college ..simple math In any case all these schools have 98% or above college acceptance rates but there really is no way to measure if one school prepares kids for college better than the other. I am confident in saying my kids were just as prepared for college as they would have been going to a Charter.. CA is probably easier to get into than those schools but the results are the same..

Such a lengthy response. You need to get your facts straight before you ramble on and on - Newark Charter is strictly a lottery - they don’t take the top 10% that test in — there is no testing in. And you brought the topic into conversation, I’m just expanding on the “college prep” thingy you mentioned

so where then are the facts that Newark Charter is all that? how many graduating classes do they even have? where is the data that Newark Charter or even Wilmington Charter preps kids for college more than any other school? cmon man.. we know how the Charters operate.. smaller classes more focus on academics we get that,, but it is not years of College Prep Schools history ..not saying they arent getting it done but if I got the dough I am taking the history and networks of Private Prep schools for my kid,, If I can afford it..if not yeah Charters are better than publics.. Wilmington Charter is more selective , Newark charter takes a lottery but has no real track record or history of networks into the job world after college..unlike a Sallies or Caravel.. Hell I got my job today because I sent my kids to Caravel an I didnt even go there.networking

By the way real smart kids who have their heads together will succeed no matter what school they go to.. So it comes down to hey I have a kid who loves to play and picks the best school to culture both academics and athletics..and what they perceive is the best option to achieve both but if playing in college is a goal than the options change toward good schools with great athletic programs particularly in the sport of choice

Newark Charter C'mon man.. They have no history of anything.. Now that you told me its a lottery than really they are pretty much Pencader Charter in my book. You cant just put charter out there and it somehow is some academic dynamo..Only Wilmington can hold that distinction for a Charter in DE seriously

Last edited:
Flight B is just not that good..whats missing is the non conference B teams that have been powers in the past.. St Marks, Caravel and St E's..You can argue tougher schedules hurt the non C teams some years but this year those three were not up to par and play-off worthy IMO.. They will be back though.. Flight B not so sure.. Hate to say it with so many choices charters and what not tuition costs could be whats bringing the private non C's down a notch.. no financial aide packages no top players its just the reality of it..

Why are you saying flight B isn’t good? From top to bottom they are probably the best conference. Hen South has the cream but after 1 & 2 it drops fast. SPL are who they are with Friends and TH. Bring very competitive. Your not missing anything from non conference your just forgetting the older non conference teams are hurting and DSC use to be part of that group.

I disagree flight b is not good..top to bottom their two flagship teams got bounced first round lets look at it

AI v Woodbridge
Howard v Delmar
Brandywine v Milford
McKean v Lake
Mt Pleasant v Laurel
Christiana v Indian River
Glasgow
v Seaford
and Dickinson is the worst team in the state

it really isnt close

Reactions: 84rider
by ratings

Delmar 25.6
Woodbridge 25.4
AI 6.3
Howard 4.4
Lake 2.7
Milford 1.4
Laurel -10.5
Brandywine -16.7
Mt Pleasant -18.1
Indian River -18.2
Christiana -19.7
McKean -22.1
Seaford -22.7
Glasgow -37.2
Dickinson -46.7

Rank League State non-league W-L Top 1000 non-league W-L Top 7000 non-league W-L Average Rating non-league Schedule Strength
Henlopen - Northern Delaware 14-14 0-1 4-10 5.8 4.9
Henlopen - Southern Delaware 17-11 0-0 3-8 0.2 -7.4
Blue Hen Flight - A Delaware 9-17 0-1 6-11 -1.3 11.9
Independent Delaware 16-9 0-0 3-5 -4.2 -13.8
Diamond State Delaware 12-17 0-0 2-7 -14.9 -8.7
Blue Hen Flight - B Delaware 10-16 0-0 2-7 -17.9 -6.9

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Delaware_leagues.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
so where then are the facts that Newark Charter is all that? how many graduating classes do they even have? where is the data that Newark Charter or even Wilmington Charter preps kids for college more than any other school? cmon man.. we know how the Charters operate.. smaller classes more focus on academics we get that,, but it is not years of College Prep Schools history ..not saying they arent getting it done but if I got the dough I am taking the history and networks of Private Prep schools for my kid,, If I can afford it..if not yeah Charters are better than publics.. Wilmington Charter is more selective , Newark charter takes a lottery but has no real track record or history of networks into the job world after college..unlike a Sallies or Caravel.. Hell I got my job today because I sent my kids to Caravel an I didnt even go there.networking

By the way real smart kids who have their heads together will succeed no matter what school they go to.. So it comes down to hey I have a kid who loves to play and picks the best school to culture both academics and athletics..and what they perceive is the best option to achieve both but if playing in college is a goal than the options change toward good schools with great athletic programs particularly in the sport of choice

Newark Charter C'mon man.. They have no history of anything.. Now that you told me its a lottery than really they are pretty much Pencader Charter in my book. You cant just put charter out there and it somehow is some academic dynamo..Only Wilmington can hold that distinction for a Charter in DE seriously

Another lengthy response. Where is the data that CA preps kids for college better than any other school? You did say you would put up CA prep against anybody ... data? Come on man! And comparing NCS to a Pencader — you are either BSing me or really have no clue.

i didnt say better,, I said up against or equal to.. my data is simply my own experience and knowing and talking to kids that went there and their experience in college.. pretty much to a person they all say college is much easier than Caravel.. so too me that means they were prepared... there is no data other than college matriculation numbers and all good schools run 98% or so..Thats my point you cant rate what schools prepare kids more for college other than if they have a college prep curriculum or not.. So in my opinion Newark or Wilmington doesnt put Caravel to shame and if you play football or pretty much any sport than its a no contest other than ones free and ones got a tuition

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT