ADVERTISEMENT

From the Blind Side

Absolut not! I do have a zest for hand made limoncello.
th

Click on: http://www.delawareallstatefootball.com/

Then click on year you want, from 1948 to 2012...ENJOY!

Let me know how you like it...if no response...this is my last All State set up...someone else can take over...
luv you guys,
Bob LaFazia, All State: '49 & '50

Link: Bob LaFazia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Bob LaFazia I have ENJOYED your link/site for years. Thank you for your time and energy.

It is a great feeling to reflect and see three sons bestowed First Team All-State 6 times.

The best in Delaware sports from 2012 earned permanent prominence Monday as Delaware Sportswriters & Broadcasters Association award winners during the DSBA's 65th annual gathering.

Middletown High, which captured its second straight Division I state football championship in dominant fashion, was honored as DSBA Team of the Year.

It was a bad spot. Everyone knows that. Not that I'm subjective or anything...
Hope MT schedules some out of state games next week as each week is going to feel like a Jv scrimmage.

29913743001_2381695034001_vs-51926e46e4b0878ee9f5c876-807632865001.jpg

Middletown senior pulls a tractor trailer by himself

Middletown's senior all-state linebacker Nick Digati pulls a tractor trailer during the 2013 Middletown Truck Pull, an event that benefits the American Cancer Society. (5/14/13)

Watch your wallet...Cape looks good for 2-3 series. Could be problematic if Team Endurance increases. However, On the 3-4 series, classic HSFB glass jaw.

2010 ST/MT scrim, I left thinking we need a lot of work or we just seen the 2010 State Champs. That feeling is back. HERKY...NO JERKY!

My favorite Coach Wells moment:

I would drive 4 aspiring HSFB players to the DELMARVA FB Camp drop three off, my youngest was only 8, so we would shoot over for some eye candy and work on our tan, get some boardwalk fries and head back to camp. We would walk thru the weight room and catch the last session of camp.

This one day the boys were finishing up with the bench doing the 225 lift, prior to last session. The weight room cleared out, Coach Wells nest in and rep 225, 10x, racked it and headed for the field.

My youngest wanted to know if he still plays. I told him, those that can do, those that can not teach. Every now and then you will see one that can-do-teach. If you have one, support them.

All 4 aspiring HSFB players became 1st Team All-State, College student/athletes, College Coach, community leaders and good citizens.

I am glad they had the opportunity with Coach Wells.

A lot of chit chat for change...ok...

Then I was reminded of what Coach Larry Kehres told me as I gazed at enough walnut and bronze to build a china cabinet...

"It wasn't always like this, it WAS NOT always like this." As he whistled, Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go. (Repeat 3x).

I support the Sals schedule. Awareness has been stimulated on other boards. This past week and this week are good marketing and business trips.

Directly/indirectly DEHSFB/state will benefit from future positive influx. I have seen MT go from less than 3000 to greater than 19000.

I see SHS as the next big thing. GO SALS! = GO EAGLES! = GO DEHSFB!

I saw a post somewhere, where someone was questioning coach Wells, because of how titles he has gotten. Well what I have seen of him over the years , is that he is a good coach, but a problem with his teams is the specialty teams, They have never looked good, and that does not help playing good teams.

Earlier this week my fact finding mission led me to this conclusion....shhh, if you listen close, you can hear the foot steps coming.

As I stated earlier awareness was stimulated on other boards. A job well done Gold and White.

I think the best thing about this week away game was this team was able to focus on the task at hand without distractions. I would have enjoyed reading the Battle Plan for this game. The General is not going to lose two in a row on the road. I like that it is one and done. I enjoy bragging rights for awhile.

I support the Gold and White with every OOS game up until the day the General starts donning a Mickey Mouse headset.

The other day I was watching my grandson, who plays for the MOT Redskins (can you still say that), work his six inch power step.

I looked over and seen a fellow who should be acknowledged. So, I strolled over and congratulated Pedro Swann Sr. on his upcoming induction ceremony to DSU Athletics Hall of Fame (football, baseball).

Now, the past 35 years I have been reminded of the Middletown-Newark game that Mr. Swann played. I heard that the crowd was lining the roof tops.

Can anybody confirm this? I wonder what the attendance was?

Middletown High added 79 students, or an increase of 6.4 percent. That puts its total student body at 1319, well below its building capacity of 1570. As reported via WWWMIDDLETOWNTRANSCRIPT.COM.

The future looks bright...I would get a seat early at the next school choice info meeting.

GO CAVS!

You would have to take LSD to even to begin to read and understand this thread... I think of Jim Morrison's ramblings when reading this ..haha

This post was edited on 11/1 8:44 AM by ravensrooster2

Great examples of over simplification with a touch of band wagoning.

I think I see your point. C20H25N3O is non addictive and is not known to cause brain damage.

On a more serious note, I am still weighing out, glass or ceramic mortars and pestles, tough decision.

7000 just around the corner.

???????????? Edit below ????????????

That would be 7k hits and I don't mean ocular.
This post was edited on 11/3 5:26 AM by cavaliercharlie

That guy is way to good looking to be me. However, back during the Iran-Contra Affair out of Summit Aviation, I tried that shoulder jug move and broke my index finger. Those liquor crock jugs are heavy.

I still have a jug as a historical souvenir, it sits on top of a shelf in the kitchen.

It's that time of the year, week ten, as I stated back in June, time to get hot, the jokes over, drum roll please........

Blast from the past, when Brian and Rich Long were around, originally posted on this board March 2003, over ten years later this post still motivates me. Thank you Old Cav.

In 1966 before the first Sallies/Middletown game a lot of us players would go and watch Sallies play. Every time the Sallies fans saw us there they would call us farmers and say that we should be home milking cows.

The night of the first game one of the parents went out and bought some cow bells and gave them to some of the local parents and fans. When we came onto the field they started ringing the bells and it just caught on from then on.

It kind of died out for a few years in the 80's and then started back-up after DiNardo put Middletown back in the winning ways of Billings.

So, all those people who hate the cow bells when they play Middletown can thank Sallies for helping start the tradition.

-----------

I bought my original bell from the Middletown Agway in 1986, it has seen action ever since.

Have a great Sallies week and always remember and never forget....

"The day you beat Sallies, the day you beat Sallies in anything, it is a GREAT DAY!"

Originally posted by cavaliercharlie:
The other day I was watching my grandson, who plays for the MOT Redskins (can you still say that), work his six inch power step.

I looked over and seen a fellow who should be acknowledged. So, I strolled over and congratulated Pedro Swann Sr. on his upcoming induction ceremony to DSU Athletics Hall of Fame (football, baseball).

Now, the past 35 years I have been reminded of the Middletown-Newark game that Mr. Swann played. I heard that the crowd was lining the roof tops.

Can anybody confirm this? I wonder what the attendance was?
Middletown had a 53 game winning streak. Newark broke that streak. By my recollection it was 11/10/67 and the score was maybe 18-12? The next week the Sals beat Middletown at Baynard 21-18 in one of the all time great games. The Cavs won 53 in a row and then lost 2 in a row.

Charlie, the first 8 Sals Middletown games are burnt into my memory. We shall talk someday .....maybe at the Chesdel.

MDT-Newark History

Thank you for sharing. Also, when the dust settles, hopefully at the end of the month, on my dime we shall have such an encounter.

I already have this huddle dubbed: Very Good Combo; CC; ChesDel Special.

The above is actually on the menu and it is my favorite.

Maybe I will bring BT along to see if I can get him to break his diet.

check

As posted in the first week in September:

E-M-Love did a lot with a little last year (4 seniors). He did a little with a lot for the Gold this year. There was never a doubt and you have not seen anything yet.

I had the privilege to listen to Coach Manlove and it was easy to see/hear why players buy in.

I thought he was part of one of the best Coaching Staff in DE (BDN, MDP, EMLove, JWeiner).

One other thing about the article. Maybe my memory is failing me but I believe that MDP played for Middletown. I think it was after Billings in an era that included a couple of other coaches before BDN arrived. I don't know why the writer didn't mention that.

I always thought writers glossed over that era, I guess there isn't a lot of fanfare for 0-10.

About a decade ago I caught up with Freddy Billings when he was down at Salisbury U., he had some interesting insight. I was reminded that Middletown takes care of its own, even when you lose you win.

The men of that short era have great passion for the game and it shows exponentially today.

Also, I think we have some of the best drivers in the MOT area.

Cav Charlie,here are my recollections of Cavs/Sals,In 1966,as a ten year old ,I went with my dad to Middletown,Cavs had 44 game winning streak,Sal had 44-1 on their helmets(stiiring up the pot from the beginning),picture in NJ next day of Mike Chadick zeroing in on MTown QB(Sonny Merkle?Scotty Rheim?)Great game,Billings came out in all kinds of crazy formations,ones which I would later on learn were dreamed up by a guy named Tiger Ellison,had crazy names for em ,LonesomePolecat,Swinging Gate,etcCavs kept streak going until losing aforementioned games to Newark&Sals in 67.Sals won32-16 in 68,then Cavs won 3 yrs in arow,32-0 in 69,22-7 in 70&24-6 in71(one of those wins was the infamous Joe Todd punt return,Sallies didn't correctly down apunt &Joe Todd picked it up while both teams were standing around7scooted to the end zone.If u put ur ear to the ground Friday night, u can stii hear the clones howling more than 40 years later)
Baynard was different in those days ,fans were allowed on cinder track around field,allowing them to shoehorn many more people in there,Best recollection of size of crowds was that people were sitting on roofs of Baynard locker rooms,Sals were pretty much only upstate team that played @night,so everyone who had an intest in HS football was there
Sals beat Cavs in back-to-back weeks in72,I will leave it to Blue Tea to tell story of why we had to lay on floor of bus with helmets on until we cleared MTown city limits after 1st win,Sals won 39-6 in 73, played again in 77(Sals14-6),thenrivalry was discontinued til 90'
Need some help her ,does anyone remember game in late 90's or early 00's, Sals won, at end of of game with under a minute left,a plethora of personal fouls were called on Cavs&BDN puled team off field & left field with time still on the clock?

Cav Charlie,here's Sals dream coaching staff;
In mid 70's
Tom Olivadotti HC,went on toMiami Hurricanes(DC of nat'l champ team)&DC of Miami Dolphins during Marino years
George Glenn

@Sparty

No...not since Duck Sauce Big Bad Wolf.

And just one other time in late '96 I caught up with the CRU on Da Dirty 30. Nuthin' But, me and Black Rob, he was with Bad Boy Records, then later with one of my fav Indy labels, Duck Down Records. I say me, actually it was my 4 string classic funk StingRay that was utilized.

Then the Duck Sauce broke out, I never ever thumb pop so hard, I kept breaking the G string.

I wonder if Black Doug knows Black Rob?

WARNING: What ever you do, do not watch Duck Sauce Big Bad Wolf. You will never be the same. Ha, ha!

@Chesdel
@Au Hat

Do you gents have any Kevin Reilly '69 moments that you would care to share?

I have one quick one as follows.

I was getting scrubbed up for dinner when a decision needed to be made, full Windsor or half Windsor knot? I always thought thick neck guys should wear full Windsor and stealthy guys go with half Windsor. As always, I went with my Semper Fi half Windsor.

We were to be seated with Dave Wood, presently LB Coach with UPenn. I graciously excused my self, I had to go and dock a 500k BBL Crude Ship with a Russian Crew, they were hauling White Rose. This untimely task takes 2 hours, I got it done in 45 minutes, the last radio transmission from the Docking Pilot was " we are not parking a VW."

Back to the dinner. My better half saved me a plate. Kevin just started talking about abilities, not disabilities, at the same time he removed his tie and retied a half Windsor. He truly is a good speaker.

Later I had a chance to introduce my self. That's when I realized he is a detailed individual, his tie had a perfect dimple in it.

My favorite recollection of Kevin Reillywas the summer before he made the Eagles,he had a weighted vest that he could load with 25-50 lbs of iron& he would put it on & do sprints on the roof of the Central Y.At same time,Uncle Angelo would be running endless laps around track above bball court.
Also that summer,Randy White would unknowingly deflate my ego when he would follow me on the bench,I would just finish with my max and he would jump on&use same weight to warm up with twenty reps with his feet on the bench!!
While at game tonight ,think of this;got word from the horse's mouth'at one of early Sals/Cavs games at Baynard, paid attendance was 10,000!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT