ADVERTISEMENT

From the Blind Side

Barnyard Headlines Six Wolverines Named to D3football.com All-Region Teams
2016 (Senior):
Named by D3football.com to the All-East Region First Team Offense ... Named NJAC All-Conference First Team ... Earned NJAC Offensive Player of the Week honors twice (10/3, 11/21) ... Named ECAC Offensive Player of the Week (10/4) ... Became Wesley's all-time leader in rushing touchdowns with 48 career rushing scores ... Finished his career second among all Wesley running backs in total rushing yards with 3,908 ... Carried the ball 797 times and fumbled just six times in his career ... Averaged 5.1 yards per carry this season, toting it 245 times for 1,245 yards and 17 touchdowns ... Caught 29 passes for 219 yards and a pair of scores ... Finished with 1,470 all-purpose yards ... Ran for at least 100 yards in four contests this season ... Rushed for a touchdown in all but two of the Wolverines' games this season, Scored a touchdown in all but one game ... Averaged over 100 yards of total offense per game this season ... Rushed 18 times for 162 yards and a career-high five rushing touchdowns against Southern Virginia (10/1) ... Ran for 265 yards on 36 carries and found the end zone three times in Wesley's NCAA Tournament First Round victory over Stevenson University (11/19).

2015 (Junior): Named First Team All-NJAC… Rushed for 1,381 yards on 260 carries, averaging 5.3 yards per carry over the course of the season… Became Wesley’s first 1,000-yard rusher since 2010 and finished the year with the Wolverines’ fifth-highest single-season rushing total in program history… Recorded 17 rushing touchdowns on the season, the third-most single-season rushing touchdowns in program history… Averaged 106.2 yards rushing per game… Caught 62 passes out of the backfield for 656 yards and two touchdowns… Set the Wesley College all-purpose yardage record with 2,037 all-purpose yards without recording a punt return or kick return all season… Rushed for 179 yards and three touchdowns against Christopher Newport … Ran for 123 yards and three scores against No. 23 Rowan… Ran for a season-high 183 yards and scored two touchdowns on the ground against Montclair State… Ran for at least 100 yards in seven contests… Scored two or more rushing touchdowns in five different games… Recorded at least five receptions in six different contests… Earned 50 or more receiving yards in seven different games this season… Caught a touchdown pass against Salisbury and another against Mount Union.

2014 (Sophomore): One of the most all-around backs in the Nation who ran for a team-high 892 yards and 11 touchdowns while catching 41 passes for 576 yards and four scores… His 41 catches were fourth on the squad and he ranked third in receiving yards to help earn him Second Team All-ECAC honors… Averaged 4.2 yards per carry and 14.0 yards per catch… Ran for 96 yards and a touchdown while catching six passes for 58 yards in season opener against Thomas More… Season-high three rushing touchdowns at Salisbury while running for 87 yards… Identical 87 yards against Rowan while catching five passes for 57 yards while touching the ball a season-high 28 times… Gained 43 yards on the ground and found the endzone against Southern Virginia… Season-high 122 receiving yards and a touchdown on six catches while running for 62 yards and a score against Louisiana College… Caught two passes for 65 yards and a touchdown at Concordia… Found the endzone on the ground and through the air at Menlo… Season-high 109 rushing yards and a touchdown at Virginia-Lynchburg… Career-high 189 all-purpose yards at Division I Charlotte, gaining 97 yards and a touchdown on five catches while also going for 92 rushing yards… Scored twice on the ground against Hobart in the NCAA Quarterfinals while rushing for 78 yards.

2013 (Freshman): Appeared in all 13 games and became Wesley’s starting running back late in the season with starts in the Playoffs against Ithaca and at Mount Union… Finish second on the squad with 384 rushing yards and three rushing scores while catching 16 passes for 140 yards and another three touchdowns… Saw his first extensive action at Birmingham Southern with seven carries for 29 yards… Ran for a season-high 123 yards and a touchdown against Alfred State in the final regular season game… Ran for 47 yards on 17 attempts in 1st round win at Johns Hopkins while also catching three balls for 16 yards… Season-high 20 carries for 103 yards and two scores in Playoff win over Ithaca while also grabbing a pair of passes for 20 yards… Seven catches for 74 yards and three receiving scores in Quarterfinals at Mount Union.

Thank you J-mar...it has been fun the last 17 years!

rp_primary_GENAcad_All_MAC.jpg

Four Aggies Named To Academic All-MAC Football Team
Jan. 23, 2017 Football
ANNVILLE (PA)The Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) announced the 2016 Fall Academic All-MAC Football Team on Monday and four Delaware Valley University players were on the 22-man list as senior defensive lineman Aric Boyes, junior linebacker Nicholas DiGati and Nick Wright, and junior offensive lineman Tyler Sylvester were selected.

The Academic All-MAC Teams were created in 2013 to further recognize those student-athletes who greatly success on both the field and in the classroom. Student-athletes are nominated and then voted upon by the sports information directors of the 17 institutions that make up the MAC (Commonwealth Conference, Freedom Conference, Middle Atlantic Conference).

Boyes was named to the Academic All-MAC Team for the third consecutive year. A conservation and wildlife management major, Boyes notched 46 tackles and four sacks, en route to second-team all-conference accolades.

DiGati, a business administration major, transferred into DelVal prior to the season and made an immediate impact with the Aggies. He led the squad in total tackles (81) and tackles for loss (14.5) while also tallying four sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He earned a spot on the all-MAC first team and was also named the Most Valuable Player in the team's victory over Muhlenberg College in the Centennial-MAC Bowl Series.

Wright registered 34 tackles, three interceptions, two sacks and one forced fumble. In addition to the academic honor, Wright, a business administration major, was an honorable mention pick on the all-conference team.

A business administration major, Sylvester moved to center and was the anchor for offensively line that paved the way for DelVal to average 35.4 points and 378.4 yards per contest. Sylvester was named to the all-MAC second team for his performance during the year.

DelVal finished the 2016 campaign with a 9-2 record.

DiGati_Carl.jpg

Former Williamson standout Nick DiGati was named a Spring Captain for Delaware Valley University

Former Mechanic Named Delaware Valley University Captain
Wed, Feb. 1, 2017
Former Williamson College of the Trades student Nick DiGati, who graduated from Williamson in 2016 and then transferred to Delaware Valley University to continue his football career, was named one of the Spring captains for the Aggies football program, the school recently announced.

DiGati was a two-time USCAA All-American while at Williamson, where he led the team in tackles his senior year. He was a two-time captain for the Mechanics and a two-time first team Seaboard Conference selection.

After graduating from Williamson from the college's Machine Tool Technology program, DiGati, who did not play football at Williamson during his freshman year due to a knee injury, decided to transfer in to Delaware Valley to continue playing football.

Upon arriving at the Del Val campus, DiGati had an immediate impact. Named a starter after just one week of practice, he had a huge impact in his first game for Del Val as the Aggies upset national power Wesley College. His play continued to get even better thoughout the season, culminating in his final game of the year where he earned the Centennial-MAC Bowl Series Most Valuable Player, in Del Val's 30-27 victory over Muhlenberg College. In that game he had 11 tackles, one sack and one fumble recovery. He later was named a first team all Middle Atlantic Conference selection.

"I'm not surprised of all his accolades," stated Williamson head coach Dan Drake. "Nick was a great player for us but he also was a great leader and a great person. He is a prime example of what Williamson football is all about."

Del Val, who was nationally ranked for much of the 2016 season, finished the year at 9-2.

My favorite Williamson Athlete and the fastest Williamson Man ever.

James Edwin "Ted" Meredith (November 14, 1891 – November 2, 1957) was an American athlete, winner of two gold medals at the 1912 Summer Olympics.

Meredith made the 1912 Olympic team shortly after his graduation from Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades in 1911, In Stockholm, he won a gold medal in the 800 m run with a world record 1:51.9. He ran on to the 880 yd (800 m) mark and also set a world record for that distance, with a 1:52.5. He won another gold medal on the 4 × 400 m relay team, also taking fourth in the 400 metres competition.

Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades now has the largest repository of Olympic great James “Ted” Meredith memorabilia in existence thanks to Jack Lemon, author of the book “Immortal of the Cinder Path, The Saga of James ‘Ted’ Meredith,” who donated his entire collection of Meredith memorabilia recently.

After Stockholm, Meredith entered the University of Pennsylvania. He was the IC4A 440 yd (400 m) champion from 1914 to 1916 and the 880 yd (800 m) champion in 1914 and 1915. He also won the AAU 440 yd (400 m) title in 1914 and 1915. In 1916, he set a world record in the 440 yd (400 m) of 47.4, which wasn't broken until 1928. At the same year he lowered his own world 880 yd (800 m) record to 1:52.2.

Meredith retired from competition in 1917 and served in the army during World War I. He made a comeback for the 1920 Summer Olympics, where he was eliminated in the semifinal of the 400 metres competition and ran on the relay team that finished fourth in the 4 × 400 m relay event.

Ted Meredith at the 1912 Olympics
After the second retiring from competition, he became a real estate broker.

Reactions: APboy
We just love Beef-n-Beverage Season.
Flying in from Canada is the one and only Kao Storm "The Maple Leaf Machine"
A short limo ride should have us in D-Town by 4:00 PM.
All is welcome, I promise you will never be the same again!

C58G1-NXEAAv3r5.jpg

Last edited:
Despite the retirement of Coach DelPercio, Middletown Youth Football Camp will continue its longstanding tradition of instilling the love of football in the youngsters in the MOT community. Coach will be here for the camp and looks forward to seeing all the campers!!

Entering our 27th year, Middletown Youth Football Camp is designed for all ages and ability levels. Camp will be held on the Turf Field at Cavalier Stadium in Middletown (DE). The camp is fully insured and has a certified Athletic Trainer on site.

Middletown Football Camp Alumni include Chris Godwin (Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wide Receiver), Darius Wade (Boston College Quarterback) Nick Digati (Delaware Valley's All-Conference Linebacker) and Jamar Baynard (NCAA Division III All-American)

Contact Mark DelPercio, Camp Director, at (302)345-0494 (cp) or middletownfootballcamp@gmail.com for a brochure or if you have any questions.

Dear Parents,
I would like to invite your child to be a part of the 2017 Middletown Youth Football Camp at Cavalier Stadium behind Everett Meredith Middle School in Middletown, DE. This camp is one of the finest football camps in the state of Delaware and will provide instruction in the fundamentals of football.
Our camp is available for football players of all ages and abilities and Camp tuition is an affordable $190.
Youth Football Camp is designed for football players entering grades K-8.
Register today for any of these first class Football Camp.

Mark DelPercio
Camp Director
Former Head
Football Coach
Middletown High School
Division I State Champs
2007, 2011, 2012
Division I State Finalists
2004, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016

Home
tp.gif
Camp Programs
tp.gif
Registration
tp.gif
Camp Staff
tp.gif
Contact Us

2016-17 DelVal Athletics Year In Review: Top Five Surprises

We continue to look back at the 2016-17 season with our Year In Review. This week, it's a look at our picks for the Top Five Surprises of the Year.

5. The Squirrel
On February 22, there was a buzz around DelVal and the gym was about to be packed with a standing-room only crowd for the MAC Freedom men's basketball semifinal match between the top-seeded Aggies and DeSales. Then, the power went out on campus and the culprit was a squirrel. Yes, a squirrel. The crowd filed in and there was hope that the power would come on at any moment. However, the problem was bigger than first thought and the game had to be postponed until the next day (the Aggies lost). All because of a squirrel.

4. Nic Brown, Men's Lacrosse
The freshman split the goaltending duties early in the season, but then took over the starting role down the stretch. He was solid throughout and even set a single-game record with 21 saves against defending conference champion Eastern. Brown was recognized for his strong play by being named to the all-conference team as an honorable mention pick.

3. Nicholas DiGati, Football
The football coaches were high on DiGati when he transferred in to DelVal prior to the 2016 campaign. But did anyone expect the linebacker to lead the 9-2 Aggies in tackles, earn first team all-conference honors, and be named the Most Valuable Player of Centennial-MAC Bowl Series contest? That's exactly what happened as DiGati notched 81 tackles on the year. Eleven came in the postseason win at Muhlenberg to go along with a sack and fumble recovery.

2. Women's Lacrosse
After winning a combined seven games over its first two seasons of intercollegiate play, the Aggies notched eight (8-6) in 2017 alone and finished with a winning record for the first time. They won their first five games – a program record – and six of their first seven. They then defeated Wilkes and DeSales for the first MAC Freedom triumphs in program history. And the squad only graduated one player as the future is bright for the squad.

1. Men's Basketball
With a rookie head coach taking over the reigns in July and having three starters – including an All-American - graduate from the 2016 conference championship squad expectations were not high for the Aggies. In fact, they were selected to finish sixth in the conference coaches' preseason poll. However, DelVal notched a 16-10 overall record, including an 11-3 mark in the MAC Freedom. That gave them the number one seed for the playoffs. Mark Seidenburg was named the MAC Freedom Coach of the Year for his efforts.

Next week, we will take a look at Top Five Individual Performances.

Last edited:
Shawn Miller's return to DelVal has itself been the reward
By Tom Pfaff

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. — Shawn Miller considers himself "fortunate and blessed" at this stage of his Delaware Valley career, drawing interest from NFL scouts ahead of his senior season.

"It doesn't always work out for everybody, and it very well might not have worked out for me," said the 6-3, 220-pound safety Miller, a preseason All-America selection. "It took me two years to get back here, and that's amazing, because for a lot of people, they stay with the whole workforce thing, and I fought my way out of it, little by little, to get back to school."

Miller left the home of the Aggies after freshman year — in the 2012 season, he played all 11 games and accumulated 20 tackles, an interception and a blocked kick — for his home in Laurel, Del.

Adjusting to college life, Miller missed his family.

"I try to keep a positive outlook on things, but sometimes, things aren't always great," Miller said. "It's not as if I come from the wealthiest family, and my mom [Gail] works a lot, and that's where I get my work ethic: She has been doing the same 9-to-5 [manager at a pool equipment and supplies company] for more than 20 years, so you see her struggling. And it can make you struggle, because I'm the only man in the house for my family, and our dad, for me and my two sisters, isn't around. And I never really had a father figure other than [Gail's cousin] my 'Uncle' Brian [Hearn].

"When you don't have another parent and income in the household, it puts a lot of pressure on your family, and with me [at DelVal], it put a lot of stress on my mom and my two sisters. My older sister already had two kids — and that's a lot of family members to support," Miller said. "It was about being there — I was so used to being there for my mom, all the time I was the one she would always talk with — and not being there for them when I needed to be, it kind of hurt. Dealing with that as an 18- or 19-year-old, going away from home and trying to learn to do things on your own, then you hear about things happening at home, it's hard."

Fast-forward about two years, with a semester at Delaware Technical Community College then a 12-month stint in the National Guard that changed Miller's life.

“A lot of people thought I would never come back to school. I had people tell me to my face that I was done.”
- Delaware Valley safety Shawn Miller

"... A lot of people doubted me after [leaving school]: A lot of people thought I would never come back to school," Miller said. "I had people tell me to my face that I was done — this was from older people, adults [near home], and I was 19 years old being told that I was done. So that was the worst thing about leaving and ... then fighting back and getting yourself to a point where you're ready to go back, and that was what I needed to do, so following up on that was the hardest thing, staying consistent and doing the small things."

Miller returned to DelVal before the 2015 season. His body was stronger and bigger by 30 pounds (to 210), his focus sharper.

Since his return, Miller has shown a knack for big plays against elite opponents.

In October 2015, Miller made a second-quarter tackle from behind near the goal line that caused a fumble to roll out of the end zone during an eventual, last-minute 18-15 DelVal home victory against then-undefeated Stevenson. For his efforts, Miller earned MAC Defensive Player of the Week.

In the 2016 season opener at No. 7 Wesley, Miller again earned MAC Defensive Player of the Week with 14 tackles, three interceptions and a sack during a 21-14 victory. Miller finished the year with his second straight first-team All-MAC selection, plus a first-team All-East Region honor.

Heading into 2017 as a second-year co-captain, Miller is grateful that his final DelVal season will be an early audition for the NFL combine or pro-day workouts.

A DelVal teammate, senior running back Devauntay Ellis, reportedly is also being evaluated by NFL scouts, so both players are glad to go through this process together.

But Miller's day-to-day efforts mostly involve giving the Aggies a chance to earn their first MAC championship since 2011.

"Focusing more on myself would be selfish, and it wouldn't get anything done for the program," Miller said. "It would be selfish to think of [the NFL] the whole time; I'm thinking about how DelVal is going to do this year, and what can I do to make us better, not just to make myself better; I do so well, because my teammates do well, they put me in position by making plays, which allows me to make plays on the back end, and that's how the relationship goes, so it would be disappointing if I try to go out of my way to make plays, because it looks better on my resume than to make a play that looks good on DelVal's resume."

For the NFL process, Miller can rely on DelVal alumnus Rasheed Bailey. DelVal's all-time leader in receiving yards (3,138), Bailey would have been the Aggies' receivers coach this year, but he signed Aug. 5 with the Cleveland Browns after spending time on the practice squads of the Jacksonville Jaguars and San Diego Chargers in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

What advice did Bailey, whom Miller called "one of the most-humble guys you'll ever meet," give him?

"The most-influential advice [Bailey] gave me was to lead: I have to be able to stand out on the field, to stand out vocally, to stand out off the field," Miller said. "That's going to be my advantage over a lot of guys, my ability to lead, and that's I want to show people, that I'm a better leader than I am a football player."

If Miller hadn't returned to DelVal, likely none of this happens.

Last edited:
Charlie, you and Dave should get together and have a copy/paste party, You senile guys could share Donepezil pills and have a remember when party lol

@RR
train wreck or airplane crash...
pick your preference....

at least CC had a son play at Middletown, like 10 years ago..

Reactions: ravensrooster2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT