ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PLAYOFF SEEDINGS SET

Archmere matches up well with Delmar. When you have an athlete that’s 6’4 260 playing DE That runs 4.8 and plays with the motor Moyer has it’s a problem for a HS option team. This kid will effect the game. Special teams , Defense, and Running the ball. He will likely run free every play. They also play him at linebacker. Their quarterback is also highly underrated throws a good live ball. They have speed in the secondary. Size up front and are well coached. I believe they match up well with Delmar. If they lock down Moyer some how and don’t lose a QB in the process of running at this kid they have a chance. One player does not win games but this kid sure does contribute a ton to this team winning. Special teams Someone Said he has blocked 6 punts this year. DPOY candidate
Don’t pencil in anyone for this contest
Delmar has Dave Hearn; I rest my case.

Reactions: JMoxon4
What would be a better system???

Not sure I have the answer but a mere suggestion. How about receive points for the amount of wins your opponent has at the end of the season?
You may have to tweak the points for wins for each team ( div1=6, div2=4).

But if you played AI, you could receive 1 bonus point for each win. This year that would equate to 9 bonus points.

I would think the best teams would probably be more willing to play each other.

I concur.. I never even heard of this Moyer kid.. Never heard his name on the MT vs WB broadcast,,, get out of here with that Daddy

Moyer has already committed to Colombia and let everyone know. Last year he was looking at a few Lax schollys.

He spent quite a bit time over the summer working out. He is definitely a force.
At the St. Marks game, he was in wildcat and ran one in from over 50. No one could catch him. Not sure of his 40 times but he is fast.

Unless he is blocking Moyer it won’t matter they had Hearn last week and did not score a point.
With the QB change Hearn will probably be able to insert a wrinkle or two not on tape from this season. I honestly think the issue is the defense. The way Milford and Woodbridge moved the ball against them the last two weeks has to be an issue. I know there have been some injuries, so maybe it is fixable. But they got gashed.

The point system may not be the best but, everyone knows how it works and how to play it. Look at D2, Milford and Lake maybe should be in instead of DMA, Friends, Tower Hill or even Archmere. We will never know. Should Sussex Central be seeded over Dover; absolutely. A lot of teams schedule to the point system. Who could blame them for wanting to get into the playoffs? Central always plays IR due to the district thing. And a lot of times good teams don't want to play good teams due to the point system. But, they still must play their conference division opponents. What would be a better system???
Huh? Milford was hammered by DMA, and Lake lost to Friends

With the QB change Hearn will probably be able to insert a wrinkle or two not on tape from this season. I honestly think the issue is the defense. The way Milford and Woodbridge moved the ball against them the last two weeks has to be an issue. I know there have been some injuries, so maybe it is fixable. But they got gashed.

Delmar is without Trey Parsons. One of the best safeties in the state. Defense has struggled since he got hurt. Unfortunately he is probably done for the year. Maybe a chance he can play in the state championship.

I think Delmar needs to go with Trader at QB.

Archmere matches up well with Delmar. When you have an athlete that’s 6’4 260 playing DE That runs 4.8 and plays with the motor Moyer has it’s a problem for a HS option team. This kid will effect the game. Special teams , Defense, and Running the ball. He will likely run free every play. They also play him at linebacker. Their quarterback is also highly underrated throws a good live ball. They have speed in the secondary. Size up front and are well coached. I believe they match up well with Delmar. If they lock down Moyer some how and don’t lose a QB in the process of running at this kid they have a chance. One player does not win games but this kid sure does contribute a ton to this team winning. Special teams Someone Said he has blocked 6 punts this year. DPOY candidate

Thanks DAD!

Strong country boys with the best coach vs. a golf/tennis school. Nothing against those private schools, but come on.

Delmar vs. Woodbridge round 2 in the finals.

The point system may not be the best but, everyone knows how it works and how to play it. Look at D2, Milford and Lake maybe should be in instead of DMA, Friends, Tower Hill or even Archmere. We will never know. Should Sussex Central be seeded over Dover; absolutely. A lot of teams schedule to the point system. Who could blame them for wanting to get into the playoffs? Central always plays IR due to the district thing. And a lot of times good teams don't want to play good teams due to the point system. But, they still must play their conference division opponents. What would be a better system???
What are you talking about? DMA beat Milford, Friends beat Lake. Archmere beat DMA too so you know they're that much better than Milford if you choose to look at it that way. You can't say these south teams should be in the tournament if they can't beat any of these north teams

I actually saw AI earlier and think they might be most talented with their spread, but the cold weather might be a factor in their offense. Seen it hurt Smyrna over recent years at times. Defense and running the ball travels. Sussex and Dover might be able to upset in D1, but I think D2 is somewhat easier to predict. Could be wrong - we will see.

Thanks DAD!

Strong country boys with the best coach vs. a golf/tennis school. Nothing against those private schools, but come on.

Lol

Dad

Funny

Guess I’m the dad of Fry also or Peace or Wormley or insert other D1 prospects in Delaware

Anybody hear if Dover QB is hurt? That flip play looked nasty. Sussex D if for real, but can they score enough? Think Middletown has most talent, but also a passing team in the cold.

Thanks DAD!

Never picked them to lose

Trader Dennard Lilly are forces in their own right. Im well aware of the players. Was just pointing out not to pencil them in for a win. Players play coach’s coach. Special players cause problems. Was my point.

Thanks DAD!

I hate it when people on this forum use the DAD thing. Everytime some of you guys feel challenged or someone takes up for a team they become someone's DAD they are taking up for. That's a immature comment that is unacceptable in a mature conversation.

Each playoff team has is advantages and disadvantages. Moyer is a good player but Delmar is well coached and very well could give Moyer problems. A good play can cause problems for an HS option team but a well coach option team can slow down a good player with the option. Option is probably the best offense to neutralize a good front 7 player.

Archmere hasn’t faced a team as good and talented as Delmar since Dover. Next best opponents this season DMA who we know is primarily a one man show and St. Mark’s too inconsistent. Archmere can’t allow Delmar to jump out to a quick lead if call it over

Problem is preparing for the option and mis-direction Delmar runs at Delmar speed and precision. Not sure if Archmere faces any real option teams like Delmar during regular season - if not, gonna be a tough road. Delmar wins by 20

I actually saw AI earlier and think they might be most talented with their spread, but the cold weather might be a factor in their offense. Seen it hurt Smyrna over recent years at times. Defense and running the ball travels. Sussex and Dover might be able to upset in D1, but I think D2 is somewhat easier to predict. Could be wrong - we will see.
AI runs more often and with more success than they throw it.

Problem is preparing for the option and mis-direction Delmar runs at Delmar speed and precision. Not sure if Archmere faces any real option teams like Delmar during regular season - if not, gonna be a tough road. Delmar wins by 20

I don’t know who wins. Playoff football is different. I see teams with more talent lose all the time. And I have seen a supremely talented kid win games by themselves. Granted they usually play QB or RB. But I have Seen 5 star MLBs in small school divisions shut teams Down completely almost single handed. I’m not saying this is the case here. Delmar has more talent I agree with that. But playoff football anything goes

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
No way Middletown and Hodgson should meet again before the finals. No idea what DIAA is thinking with this bracket.
It’s easy...you schedule teams who are going to maximize points for your team! Stop complaining on the forum and start complaining to the school’s AD.

It’s easy...you schedule teams who are going to maximize points for your team! Stop complaining on the forum and start complaining to the school’s AD.

Neither Hodgson or Middletown are my "teams." I just don't understand the bracket set up outside of the points index.

They played at St Marks last year
There are several venues where you could theoretically watch without paying. I think the way DIAA handles this is by setting up where the cars come in. So at St. Mark's, they get you on the way up the driveway, and at Archmere you may see them collecting closer to the school rather than the parking lot. Friends, however, has no fence along the entire one side of the field and plenty of roadside parking, so there is no way to control who enters from that side.

play the daisy chain game all you want.. match ups are match ups..its different with every team... I got DMA and Alleyne running rough shod over your Quakers... Military tough Quakers soft = beat down.. St Es has nothing to do with it

How many times a day do you contradict yourself? You have no reall belief. One minute you compare like opponents. The next it don’t matter. Your job here is clearly to start threads. Get discussion going on controversial subjects. King shill

Moyer is a great player and if I was voting I would definitely consider him for defensive player of the year. It will be interesting to see how delmar can handle him. Might just run oppo of him all night!

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
GUEST_cffd3a77-49fc-4918-946f-145257416c43

You gotta love Quaker Oats. Keeps me regular.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...DeAhUpmuAKHaCLAHcQMwinASgAMAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Reactions: 84rider
How many times do you answer yourself under different accounts?

Look who is talking.. Your not fooling anyone.. Trumptroll signs up Oct 10, 2017 (my 50th birthday so that's creepy) as a Gold member, prepstars sign up Oct 31, 2017 as a Gold member.. Trumptroll goes straight troll and prepstars pretends he is some scout which we all know is BS. He can hold that character for a bit but then sometimes the Trumptroll comes out.. He cant help it... Its the same guy... also it has been my experience the posters who blame other posters for having multiple accounts are the ones that have them themselves.. Cant believe he would pay Rivals $200 just to have two Gold Troll accounts.. hey to each his own but Pstars is going where Trumptroll is.. on ignore he is a fraud...bye bye...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT