ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PLAYOFF SEEDINGS SET

AI and tower hill game got moved to tower hill turfs field. DO you think this may have an effect the game or no

YEAH Well unless one of you others have heard this as well.. I would take any post about Tower Hill with a grain of salt from this poster.. Still showing @ AI on WSFS until its changed on there its not happening

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
YEAH Well unless one of you others have heard this as well.. I would take any post about Tower Hill with a grain of salt from this poster.. Still showing @ AI on WSFS until its changed on there its not happening

Brad Myers just reported it..

But I still don’t get how the 8 seed gets a home game. I’d assume A.I. would have to agree to it but why not a neutral site?

AI's field has held up pretty well throughout the season I thought (I was last there when they played McKean) so unless the rain really did a number on it, this make no sense.

Then again, a team that plays fast anyway now on turf could hit another gear. Friday could be ugly.

Its supposed to snow Thursday and rain Friday. I'm assuming AI's coach thinks the turf will help his team, and TH home field advantage won't mean much. "FAMOUS LAST WORDS" We'll see what that spread does in inclement weather. TH is going to run right down their throats. BALL CONTROL. Can't score when you don't have the ball!!

Its supposed to snow Thursday and rain Friday. I'm assuming AI's coach thinks the turf will help his team, and TH home field advantage won't mean much. "FAMOUS LAST WORDS" We'll see what that spread does in inclement weather. TH is going to run right down their throats. BALL CONTROL. Can't score when you don't have the ball!!

Y'all really are embarrassing yourselves.

Truth is, does home field really matter? The players are going to decide it on the field.

Home field does matter. Especially when the coaches and players go through a pregame routine week in week out. Playing at home allows the coaches and players to not have that extra stress of making sure everything is all squared away by the time kickoff arrives(traveling, packing equipment, meals, pregame setup and stretch).

That’s not even including having the whole home crowd behind you. Playing at home def has its advantages. But yes after all said and done, the players are the ones who decide.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
I would consider Baynard more of a neutral site.

Home field absolutely matters. Maybe not in this situation as much since the schools are close.

I thought it won't play that big of deal as it is only a three minute drive from Ai to tower. Would this mean that tower sits on the away Side of there own stadium?

I agree to a degree home field doesn’t matter as in the playoffs the same fans will come and cheer. But we have different home field advantages at play. When you play where you practice that’s a advantage when the field is on your campus and you can take the defend our house mantra maybe that is a advantage. When you get to dress and pregame in the same locker room as you practice everyday that could be an advantage.

So you can’t in my opinion compare DMA playing at Baynard as TH playing at home in their house. DMA just uses Baynard as a place to play their home games at. They don’t practice there. It’s not their house if anything Baynard is Sallies house as it may as well be on their campus.

It’s no different than when DMA and Pencader played home games at Caravel. It wasn’t their house it was Caravels. Or neutral field per say

So the difference Is Tower Hill field is their house. I wouldn’t like it if CA was a 8 seed and the 1 seed had to play there if they had their own house. Yeah I get weather and field turf but then it should go to neutral field IMO. But AI must not have a problem with it and truth be told turf is probably to their advantage but it’s not home or neutral

Last edited:
Exactly, the schools are two blocks from each other for crying out loud. The same people who were going to A.I. are going to be at TH.

Reactions: Chesdel
Probably a good move and in the case of TH vs AI I don’t really see it as a big deal.

TH is going to get smoked either way. Not playing Perkiomen creampuffs this weekend.
And A.I. played a smoking schedule? A.I. played Howard and the same bullshit schedule.

The Indy Conference Championship would have a little more cred if the conference had a couple of more football schools...

It’s not AI fault that flight B sucks. AI non conf schedule was bad though .

TH schedule is a joke . They don’t belong in the playoffs .

Reactions: FSMAtothechip
Exactly, the schools are two blocks from each other for crying out loud. The same people who were going to A.I. are going to be at TH.

The amount of fans isn’t the point. It’s playing in familiar surroundings. Playing on and defending your home turf. It’s an advantage is it enough of one for TH to win? I don’t think so but it is a advantage in my opinion

Flight B always sucks!! Nobody’l but Howard does anything in Football. Then A.I. schedule cupcakes non-conference. Show the same intensity for their scheduling.
If home field matters, A.I. coach f*cked up, because TH is going to beat A.I.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
The turf at Tower Hill is brand new - - it was just installed this past summer.

If I recall the visitor stands are relatively small. I assume AI will take the traditional home side.

Parking will be fun.

But Brandywine Brewing Company just up the road is a great after game watering hole.

Flight B always sucks!! Nobody’l but Howard does anything in Football. Then A.I. schedule cupcakes non-conference. Show the same intensity for their scheduling.
If home field matters, A.I. coach f*cked up, because TH is going to beat A.I.

Parking will not be a problem. Two small schools and only fans of those teams will be there. No one outside of parents or alumni care about this game

I mean it is a home game for T.H but it is essentially in A.I's back yard too. Might as well get some turf games in and be ready for UD!

I mean it is a home game for T.H but it is essentially in A.I's back yard too. Might as well get some turf games in and be ready for UD!

I don’t understand stand this line of thinking. Not saying your wrong or anything but to me a different schools and field is different. Whether it’s two miles or ten miles away. Just not sure how close the school matters. I know playing at HVT is way different than playing at Caravel. My son will attest to that. Those schools are only two miles apart. Home is home. AI and TH are as about polar opposites as you can get regardless of geographical location. Well other than some innner city Washington DC public school that is near Georgetown Prep.

Here’s the reality. Vegas oddsmakers give teams 3 points for home field. That’s leaving your family, flying across the country, staying in hotels, switching your practice schedule... A.I. is a 5 minute bus ride, including loading the damn bus!! If it’s true they have the speed advantage, their better served on the turf. That’s why the coach pulled the trigger I’m sure. Any advantage will be executed ON THE FIELD!!

Yeah ok Jules but what about when Philly plays N.Y. or Baltimore. It’s not about the travel it’s about the friendly confines of home and defending your turf. The Jets aren’t gong to be so passionate defending some turf in Philadelphia. I feel pretty. Home is home whether it’s one mile or a thousand miles away

Reactions: JMoxon4
It’s also about the pregame routine. Yes players in the field will determine the outcome. But players feel more comfortable at home obviously, they don’t have to worry about rushing after school, making sure you have a meal if your team doesn’t provide it, getting taped, making sure you have all your equipment right, then your going to a different schools locker room, different settings, it may be little things but they do play a factor with these high school athletes.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I'm not saying players don't feel more comfortable playing at home, that's obvious. However, the miniscule changes AI will have to make to get 5 minutes down the street is going to have zero impact. They'll get more advantage playing on the turf, and the crowd will be exactly the same. Everybody who was going to root for AI, will be at TH. "BackinBlack86", that's the difference in your scenario, NFL teams have season tickets, even if its just Baltimore to Philly, you're not going to out travel a home team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT