ADVERTISEMENT

P4P???

I think the all time best team delaware was when you had vinnie r Alex thomas chris drummond & all them boys.. That was a sick team Delaware

Id say Schneider if he threw on 10 pounds of muscle. As of now weight may play a factor if they wrestled.
I would go with jt.. Think he would be to tough on top on him.. If they stay on their feet Schneider

You knew the power half was coming & still couldn't stop it.. Whats up with him in college?
Heard he is transferring to where his brother or something goes. Not sure where that is. That power half was freakishly like magic!

Cathell was one of my all time p4p guys. I loved the st marks heyday also, Santoros testa abbott dinafrio kelley justin jackson bastienelli sheldon willis atkinson dolan boylan. Good grief

That's quite a few haydays. about 15 years worth. You forgot Telford.

Speaking of Top Wrestlers and Diaz, I had the pleasure to wrestle Chris Diaz and he tilted the dookie out of me for a minute period. He was damn good on top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leverage1991
That's quite a few haydays. about 15 years worth. You forgot Telford.

Speaking of Top Wrestlers and Diaz, I had the pleasure to wrestle Chris Diaz and he tilted the dookie out of me for a minute period. He was damn good on top.
CR was so damm tough in that stretch. Keech diaz cathell meades mosher rigby luis burgos pallidino parker reynolds etc etc . Early 2000s right before hight lemare scarfo Mitchell klink jackson parker They were so tough

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
McDaniel College is a private four-year liberal arts college in Westminster, Maryland.

What a cool turn this thread took. Started shaky and turned to a who is who in DE wrestling history . Don’t forget Ryan Wolfe

Last edited:
how would damien creighton hold up against the upper weight wrestlers of today’s era of de wrestling?not literally today, but prime vs prime.

Act like hes not a freestyle national champ.. 152 as a freshmen is way tougher then at 125.. He's mostly facing seniors & jr's . 125 mostly freshmen & sophomores. Even though wrestling is not as tough in DE as it was when cody was wrestling, Hall will easily be a 4x
The hardest part about being a 4x is luck and fate. Can't get flu or hurt at wrong time. You can beat a kid 99 out of 100 but that one could be in quarters at states. Look at dean and wuest for recent history or pat Atkinson who could have been a 5x. He has talent but you need lady luck on your side

Last edited:
Best part of coaching team Delaware was getting to coach and watch some of these guys. Met some awesome kids. Some on my favorites:

Matt Cathell, Connor McDonald, Jarrod Garnett, Tommy Abbott, Chris Diaz, Mike Miller, Vinny Ranauto & Wendell Cannon. So many more but list would go on forever.

My best at Concord was Steve Lennon. Was a 2X state champ. His senior year he majored both state finalists at 152 during the season and bumped up to 160 for post season to win his second title over Brandywines Mike Miller who beat him in conference finals. The next year Mike was at 171 where he won a title and bumped to 189 in season to beat Jamelle Jones.

Reactions: wtc76
Best part of coaching team Delaware was getting to coach and watch some of these guys. Met some awesome kids. Some on my favorites:

Matt Cathell, Connor McDonald, Jarrod Garnett, Tommy Abbott, Chris Diaz, Mike Miller, Vinny Ranauto & Wendell Cannon. So many more but list would go on forever.

My best at Concord was Steve Lennon. Was a 2X state champ. His senior year he majored both state finalists at 152 during the season and bumped up to 160 for post season to win his second title over Brandywines Mike Miller who beat him in conference finals. The next year Mike was at 171 where he won a title and bumped to 189 in season to beat Jamelle Jones.
Lennon, Miller, jones
Loved all those guys. Sometimes guys from less high profile schools get skipped over. Good call

Reactions: concord87
Thanks Leverage. Steve was fun to watch! Not exceptionally strong but funky before “funk” was popular. He lost three matches his junior and senior years. Two at the beast to steve anceverage (ended up at Cornell) and Landis Wright (Quentin’s brother) and then his conf final to Miller.

I was kinda suprised at your one guys seeding for this weekend. I have him on my list to place top 6 but got the 8 . Tough draw. I think he will make noise though. Good luck!

Reactions: concord87
I was kinda suprised at your one guys seeding for this weekend. I have him on my list to place top 6 but got the 8 . Tough draw. I think he will make noise though. Good luck!
thanks. Two of my finalists would have been higher seeds except under the current system they could not be seeded until the guys that beat them in finals were seeded. The one you are talking about had beaten the kid 5-0 I think previously then lost a heartbreaker in sudden victory OT in finals would prob would have been 5-6 seed if he won. That’s the breaks and he’s got a tough road to place in a stacked weight but he can do it if he wrestles to his ability.

Alex Meade, Jordan Sianni, Jamelle Jones, Welch Brothers, Andrew Donofrio, Luke Rebertus, Pat Atkinson, Connorr Mcdonald, Sheldon Thomas, Damien Creighton, Tommy Abbott, Brian Willis.

List could go on and on of great wrestlers. In my personal opinion amd experience, Luke Rebertus was the best wrestler I have ever faced....super strong. Ranked top 10 all 4 years in college at Navy...3rd all time career wins. 2 time state champ in DE. Didnt wrestle soph year bceause injury and freshmen year was a prep national champ in Mcdounough. Dude dominated me and beat me 8 to 2. I wrestled a lot of nationally ranked guys and state champs and won and lost alike, but I meve felt dominated before like I did against him.

Also in my opinion from watching my top 5 ever to see do it (regardless college accolades) were;

1. Alex Meade
2. Sheldon Thomas
3. Jordan Sianni
4. Andrew Donofrio
5. Jamelle Jones

And yes in that order as well. But from about 96 until 2009 there were about 6 to 8 Divosion 1 wrestlers every single year.

Thats why i said just highschool.

And of those names Luke Revertus ranked top 10 every year in college.

Jordam Sianni ranked 6th in nation at 125 as true freshmen....didnt wrestle after that.

Alex Meade ranked 7th in nation as freshmen. Went 2 and 2 Ncaa...didnt wrestle after that.

Sheldon Thomas 3 time AA and National Champ

Jamelle Jones was a 2 time JUCO national Champ

Tommy Abbott was a Divisoon 2 National Champion

Connor Mcdonald was ranked top 20 Division 1 and ended up transferring to Division 2 where he plaxed 3rd in NCAAs

Brian Willis only wrestled 1 year at Bloomsburg but was number 1 ranked wrestler in Country Greco.

I am not taking anything away from Fleetwood. You dont become a 4 timer and ranked 9th in nation for doing nothing. But IMO hes not top 10 to come out of DE...way too many other great wrestlers. I would put Fleetwood as a top 15 or 20. He has veen a .500 wrestler his whole career thus far Division 1 until this year. I hope he AAs but just cant put him top 10. Even other guys I didnt mention that AAd like Wolfe, Telford, Garnett, and Diax I would put above Fleetwood

Maybe not the best pound for pound wrestler from Delaware but Bobby Telford was a man amongst boys. Watching him wrestle in the individual state tournament was actually fun. The fear in some of those kids eyes that he wrestled in something I will never forget.
JMO I will go with a homer pick with Cody Combs as the best P4P. It was mentioned that he never gave up a point at states in fours years. I do believe he never gave up a point at henlopen conference tournament in all four years.

Reactions: AllHeart28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT