ADVERTISEMENT

P4P???

Maybe not the best pound for pound wrestler from Delaware but Bobby Telford was a man amongst boys. Watching him wrestle in the individual state tournament was actually fun. The fear in some of those kids eyes that he wrestled in something I will never forget.
JMO I will go with a homer pick with Cody Combs as the best P4P. It was mentioned that he never gave up a point at states in fours years. I do believe he never gave up a point at henlopen conference tournament in all four years.
I never saw cody make a mistake. One of the great ones for sure

Reactions: proudscfan
Thats why i said just highschool.

And of those names Luke Revertus ranked top 10 every year in college.

Jordam Sianni ranked 6th in nation at 125 as true freshmen....didnt wrestle after that.

Alex Meade ranked 7th in nation as freshmen. Went 2 and 2 Ncaa...didnt wrestle after that.

Sheldon Thomas 3 time AA and National Champ

Jamelle Jones was a 2 time JUCO national Champ

Tommy Abbott was a Divisoon 2 National Champion

Connor Mcdonald was ranked top 20 Division 1 and ended up transferring to Division 2 where he plaxed 3rd in NCAAs

Brian Willis only wrestled 1 year at Bloomsburg but was number 1 ranked wrestler in Country Greco.

I am not taking anything away from Fleetwood. You dont become a 4 timer and ranked 9th in nation for doing nothing. But IMO hes not top 10 to come out of DE...way too many other great wrestlers. I would put Fleetwood as a top 15 or 20. He has veen a .500 wrestler his whole career thus far Division 1 until this year. I hope he AAs but just cant put him top 10. Even other guys I didnt mention that AAd like Wolfe, Telford, Garnett, and Diax I would put above Fleetwood
i didn’t see everyone of those you mentioned, but if accolades are an accurate measuring stick of something subjective then heres the non subjective list 4x champ(short list), beast champ (also short list right?), and top 10 at any point in time division 1. whats that list? telford rebertus meade and him? juco and d2 and d3 are a different world imo. i think in a logical list he might be sneaking up.

i didn’t see everyone of those you mentioned, but if accolades are an accurate measuring stick of something subjective then heres the non subjective list 4x champ(short list), beast champ (also short list right?), and top 10 at any point in time division 1. whats that list? telford rebertus meade and him? juco and d2 and d3 are a different world imo. i think in a logical list he might be sneaking up.
Sheldon Thomas was so tough

Reactions: Dahammer23
Andrew Donofrio was 3 time 2nd place at Beast losing to the 2 time NCAA champ Zach Esposito every single time and was a 4time state champ. Tommy Abbott took 5th at Beast and 2nd at Beast... was 2 time AA Division 2 amd didnt wrestle junior senior year so could have been 3 time National Champ. Um Ryan Wolfe was Beast Champ and AA Division 1. Conor Mcdonald who took 3rd Division 2 was a Beast Champ. Rebertus actually took 2md at Beast losing to NCAA Champ Quentin Wright by only 2 points. But Revertus was also Fargo Freestyle national champ.

I am trying to think of other wrestlers who made Beast finals and were ranked nationally. Bobby Shaw won Beast...actually lost in state finals to Chros Parker the year he won Beast...thats how good DE wrestlinnn was winning beast but losing states.

Cant forget about John Testa 2 time state champ and AA for Clarion.

I dont think Beast was around for Damien Creighton and if it was it was year 1 or 2 of it whennit was small.

Jamelle Jones the 2 time JUCO champ was also a 3 time Beast finalist and 1 time Beast Champ.

Cant forget about Bruce Kelly either who was an animal...not sure how he did at Beast.

Tommy Davis also....3 time state champ. ACC champion for NC State.

Surprisingly more 2 time staye champs had more successful college careers than the 3 or 4 timers. Chris Diaz, Jarrod Garnett, Bobby Telford were all AAs and 2 timers. Abbott was 2 timer. Rebertus was 2 timer. Ryan wolfe was just 1 timer i think and AA in vollege.

I think my rankings would be different if I did one just based off high school performance and opinion and if I did another where I consider College performance.

I jusy know my top 3 wouldnt change though regardless because I yhink Sheldon, Jordan Sianni, and Alex Meade are the best ever to come out of DE in my 25 year involvement.

Andrew Donofrio was 3 time 2nd place at Beast losing to the 2 time NCAA champ Zach Esposito every single time and was a 4time state champ. Tommy Abbott took 5th at Beast and 2nd at Beast... was 2 time AA Division 2 amd didnt wrestle junior senior year so could have been 3 time National Champ. Um Ryan Wolfe was Beast Champ and AA Division 1. Conor Mcdonald who took 3rd Division 2 was a Beast Champ. Rebertus actually took 2md at Beast losing to NCAA Champ Quentin Wright by only 2 points. But Revertus was also Fargo Freestyle national champ.

I am trying to think of other wrestlers who made Beast finals and were ranked nationally. Bobby Shaw won Beast...actually lost in state finals to Chros Parker the year he won Beast...thats how good DE wrestlinnn was winning beast but losing states.

Cant forget about John Testa 2 time state champ and AA for Clarion.

I dont think Beast was around for Damien Creighton and if it was it was year 1 or 2 of it whennit was small.

Jamelle Jones the 2 time JUCO champ was also a 3 time Beast finalist and 1 time Beast Champ.

Cant forget about Bruce Kelly either who was an animal...not sure how he did at Beast.

Tommy Davis also....3 time state champ. ACC champion for NC State.

Surprisingly more 2 time staye champs had more successful college careers than the 3 or 4 timers. Chris Diaz, Jarrod Garnett, Bobby Telford were all AAs and 2 timers. Abbott was 2 timer. Rebertus was 2 timer. Ryan wolfe was just 1 timer i think and AA in vollege.

I think my rankings would be different if I did one just based off high school performance and opinion and if I did another where I consider College performance.

I jusy know my top 3 wouldnt change though regardless because I yhink Sheldon, Jordan Sianni, and Alex Meade are the best ever to come out of DE in my 25 year involvement.
Great summary. Appreciate the analysis. Totally agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT