ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff/Champion Predictions

Aug 31, 2016
So we are just past the halfway point of the football season. What is everyones predictions for playoff matchups and eventual champions for D1 and D2?

Now I would not say both maybe division 1 in smyrna but milford and/or woodbridge would still have to beat a tough glasgow and st.georges. Not only that st.marks and/or caravel still can sneak in.

Give credit to St. Marks for playing a tough schedule. They are going to have to play some good football and get on a run down the stretch to make into the playoffs now that they lost to Caravel. They have Hodgson, St. E's St. Georges and Sallies (not necessarily in that order) left. They need to go a minimum of 3-1 to get in.
Caravel has a much easier road to a 7-3 record. I don't think either team gets in on 6-4 even with bonus points.

Too early to tell. Anything can happen...injuries, bad losses, teams getting hot at the right time etc.

My favorites are:
D1
Smy
Mtown
Penn
Concord
Cape
Sals

D2
Glasgow
StG
Woodbridge
Milford
4 others to be named later lol

2008 D1 Caesar Rodney beat Sussex Central D2 Milford beat Laurel

That was the gold standard year for the Henlopen Conference.
Poor Sussex Central. They were as dominant in the regular season for a 3 year run.
First the Slowskys, then Middletown and lthe last year it was CR. If I were a betting man I think I would have made SC a prohibitive favorite in the 2008 game.

That was the gold standard year for the Henlopen Conference.
Poor Sussex Central. They were as dominant in the regular season for a 3 year run.
First the Slowskys, then Middletown and lthe last year it was CR. If I were a betting man I think I would have made SC a prohibitive favorite in the 2008 game.
Actually Central beat CR during the regular season, 22-7. ... I think.

I really hope we get a Smyrna/Middletown title game because they are far and away the best 2 D1 teams IMO.

D2, Woodbridge and Milford look tough, but Glasgow and St. Georges can't be dismissed and I still say Caravel is the team nobody wants to see should they make it in.

I believe if any team south of the canal qualifies, all tolls on RT 1 should be suspended. We down here are tired of being treated like second class citizens in our own state. For the championship game, i mean. LOL

Reactions: Jawnsky and OTS-59
Actually Central beat CR during the regular season, 22-7. ... I think.

Unsure of the score but you are correct that SC beat CR during the regular season in 2008. That is what made the CR championship somewhat of an upset. My memory is foggy but I believe it snowed at DelState that night during the game. Gave it a Lambeau look.

Unsure of the score but you are correct that SC beat CR during the regular season in 2008. That is what made the CR championship somewhat of an upset. My memory is foggy but I believe it snowed at DelState that night during the game. Gave it a Lambeau look.
Not sure about that, but I know it snowed at the semis the week before. It was unreal. It was about 55 degrees during warm ups, then the players went into the locker room. You could actually see the snow approaching, the place went nuts. It is and was the loudest I ever heard that place. Friends never knew what hit them. Or so I have heard.....

Bummy is unsure OT the exact meteorological facts. There was a classic mud bowl state D1 championship at Baynard in the early 90s in a Penn upset of Newark. John Madden would have loved it...

It kinda makes me think of Vin Scully. He had it till the end, what a pro. My mother went from Red Barber to Vin, then had me as a child. Imagine batting .666?

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
New It kinda makes me think of Vin Scully. He had it till the end, what a pro. My mother went from Red Barber to Vin, then had me as a child. Imagine batting .666?

Your lucky to have been raised in Brooklyn...and I am sure your mom would round that up to .667.

We got to hear Scully in the World Series. We listened to Byrum Saam and Bill Campbell with the Phillies. They were not bad. Richie Ashburn came in like 1962 and gave the broadcasts some energy.

A few years ago we had the cable baseball package. My youngest son now 35 was stunned how good Sculllly was when we would watch the Dodger broadcasts...and Vin was like 83 then.. Truly the best...

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
middletown and tatnall are my darkhorse picks to win to win the chips this year. tatnall will be bringing the trophy back to barley mill road for the first time in a little while

I picked WB to win the D2 chip but after watching St. Georges and Glasgow I am not convinced. Saw WB twice and they run lead and toss 80% of the time. That power type game plays into the hands of St. Georges. Watched St. Georges twice and they are physical. One of the biggest teams in D2 and will beat WB up in the trenches. Glasgow has the weapons to match up and I think they have the better line play. WB better have more than lead and toss or they will go home early.

D1 is Smyrna chip to lose and Mtown is definitely GAME! Mtown can match up the best and that D is STINGY!! Should be fun.

caravel will beat Tatnall in the championship while middletown will upset smyrna
cuckoo for cocoa puffs?

C4CP.jpg~c200

Hot? and I seriously doubt Barker will be back for play-offs.. baseball season yes..nor will Tatnall even sniff the ship.. Semi's will be Woodbridge, Glasgow, Milford and St G.. dont think CA will beat Cape.Hope they do but they have issues with bigger D1 teams

Last edited:
Hot? and I seriously doubt Barker will be back for play-offs.. baseball season yes..nor will Tatnall even sniff the ship.. Semi's will be Woodbridge, Glasgow, Milford and St G.. dont think CA will beat Cape.Hope they do but they have issues with bigger D1 teams
there lines big (may not play like it but are big), have really quick skill players with montgomery, granger and hopefully taylor coming back soon. the reason im picking them is how they battled against concord when barker was there...barker comes back then its no competition.

there lines big (may not play like it but are big), have really quick skill players with montgomery, granger and hopefully taylor coming back soon. the reason im picking them is how they battled against concord when barker was there...barker comes back then its no competition.
Barker is not coming back.. I am watching Cape now so will be watching their line,, Taylor spends as much time on the sidelines as he does on the field.. yeah CA has some skills but they are small guys,, It comes down to what I said in the spring,, They will go as far as their line can take them and they struggle vs D1 size teams.. CA was hanging in there vs Concord but Concord turned up the heat in the second half and Barker was taking a beating.. If Barker doesn't go down CA still loses that game IMO

Barker is not coming back.. I am watching Cape now so will be watching their line,, Taylor spends as much time on the sidelines as he does on the field.. yeah CA has some skills but they are small guys,, It comes down to what I said in the spring,, They will go as far as their line can take them and they struggle vs D1 size teams..
he will be back dont you worry... im predicting final game of the regular season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT