ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff/Champion Predictions

Yeah but as far as I know, Tatnall didn't have any rushing TD's and not a lot of yards.
I haven't had time to check the box score on that game, but if thats the case then their run defense must be really solid. I saw Tatnall play earlier in they year and they ran up and down the field with the opposing team's defense.

I haven't had time to check the box score on that game, but if thats the case then their run defense must be really solid. I saw Tatnall play earlier in they year and they ran up and down the field with the opposing team's defense.
Saw both the TH and Archmere games and they are loading the box with 8-9 guys on almost every snap and daring everyone to pass on them. You better stop the run if you have that many in the box

Gave up 18 to Red Lion? Woodbridge has held their opponents to 19 points all year, posting 4 shut outs. Defense has scored more points than allowed. Just saying.....

Fair point i agree with you. I think the Conrad and friends games will show whether TH is a playoff worthy team or not, they have to win those two to get in.
yep,, not many bonus points coming and they still may not have enough points if they win those.. gonna need some help. If they win out that puts them like at 32 pts divided by 9 3.55 index which is right on the line.. If teams with strong schedules like CA wins out or if St Marks can get 3 of the next 4 or even if a Delmar catches fire they could get bounced

Last edited:
yep,, not many bonus points coming and they still may not have enough points if they win those.. gonna need some help. If they win out that puts them like at 32 pts divided by 9 3.55 index which is right on the line.. If teams with strong schedules like CA wins out of if St Marks can get 3 of the next 4 or even if a Delmar catches fire they could get bounced

D2 Teams I think are pretty much in

Woodbridge
Glasgow
Milford
St Georges
DMA
Tatnall/Friends

these are the teams fighting for the last 2 spots

Tatnall/Friends
Tower Hill
St Marks
Caravel
Delmar
Howard

Reactions: sofreshandsoclean
CA ends with 33 pts (3.3/game) if they end up 6-4. Opponent wins bonus: Elkton (+2), Concord (+1), Sallies (+1), Cape (+1). If they upset Cape, CA ends with 38 (3.8/game).

BTW, I believe Elkton is considered D1 size, but I could be wrong.

CA ends with 33 pts (3.3/game) if they end up 6-4. Opponent wins bonus: Elkton (+2), Concord (+1), Sallies (+1), Cape (+1). If they upset Cape, CA ends with 38 (3.8/game).

BTW, I believe Elkton is considered D1 size, but I could be wrong.

Looking it up Cecil County has them at 1124 students cut off for D1 is 1098.. I can't remember if they were considered D1 last year but it will go by the enrollment listed when the contract was signed and its the backend of a two year deal.. The contract was probably signed 2013 their stated enrollment then was 1105

Last edited:
IMO Tatnall and Friends could both make it in. With that being the case, all the others might be fighting for the final spot.
Looking it up Cecil County has them at 1124 students cut off for D1 is 1098.. I can't remember if they were considered D1 last year but it will go by the enrollment listed when the contract was signed and its the backend of a two year deal.. The contract was probably signed 2013 their stated enrollment then was 1105
Either number makes them D-I

Last edited:
The Indie conference teams are getting more credit and less abuse on this thread than they usually get. (no silk panty references…)

The back half of the regular season is when opinions about the unfairness of a 1 or 2 loss Indie team making the playoffs ahead of a 3 or 4 loss team that played a tougher schedule start to emerge.

I’m not sure if the Tatnall, Tower Hill and Friends comments are objective, sarcastic or from alums of those schools or parents of kids who play for those schools (probably a mix of all four)…

IMO Tatnall and Friends could both make it in. With that being the case, all the others might be fighting for the final spot.

Either number makes them D-I
Both will most likely end up either 9-1 and.or 8-2 which will get them in. If either falters, I don't think 7 wins gets either in, whereas 7 wins would get either or both of Caravel and/or St.Marks in because of Division 1 points and strength of opponents bonus points.

I'm a CA fan, but it's an uphill fight.

Now, if you want to talk baseball, I think you're looking at a pretty good squad, maybe top-5 in the State this Spring. Add a 6-3/230# (C/1b) Matt Bowe, and 6-4/215# (LHP/1b) Alex Barker, to a usually very good team and who knows.

They have to beat Cape its as simple as that.. cant look past the other 3 opponents either.. HVT will be playing for the backyard brawl trophy which they have won the last two years (which ends after this year btw) and it will be their season,, If they dont beat Cape but beat the others they will need some help by the way of some upsets

They have to beat Cape its as simple as that.. cant look past the other 3 opponents either.. HVT will be playing for the backyard brawl trophy which they have won the last two years (which ends after this year btw) and it will be their season,, If they dont beat Cape but beat the others they will need some help by the way of some upsets
it will happen

it will happen
well I like you optimism but tell you what kid you need to be busting your ass at practice, listening to the coaches and doing your job on the field to help make it happen.. It sure isn't going to happen by just saying so on here

I'm a CA fan, but it's an uphill fight.

Now, if you want to talk baseball, I think you're looking at a pretty good squad, maybe top-5 in the State this Spring. Add a 6-3/230# (C/1b) Matt Bowe, and 6-4/215# (LHP/1b) Alex Barker, to a usually very good team and who knows.
Top 5 in the state...What else is new? That's every year. Don't think you're going out on a limb with that prediction. With those additions they should be one. Now back to football!

well I like you optimism but tell you what kid you need to be busting your ass at practice, listening to the coaches and doing your job on the field to help make it happen.. It sure isn't going to happen by just saying so on here
i do not play for caravel, nor do I like caravel... I went to school in PA at Cardinal Ohara growing up but live in Newark right now. I just believe if the bucs can manage to beat cape (which once again i do not know anything about), i feel they will make playoffs. yet alone that slight possibility Mr. Barker comes back by then. Sorry for the confusion gentlemen

Btw.. My pick of tatnall was my dark horse to make some noise not my final pick... once again my fault for the confusion.

Top 5 in the state...What else is new? That's every year. Don't think you're going out on a limb with that prediction. With those additions they should be one. Now back to football!

Some of us try not to hyperbolize before the first practice.

im telling u caravel will be making some noise in the playoffs

Caravel gave the Slowskys a run for their money in the first half. If they can sustain that they are definitely a team worthy of the D2 tourney. Whether the get there or not is a different issue.

I just have a strange feeling Caravel is going to run the table. I just don't trust Cape very much.
Next week they go to Cape.. Might show up for that one... Watched both online.. Just cant see how Caravel hold up 4qters... Sallies is not great this year.. Average at best.... Cape is better than u Think...

Way to go out on a limb Clippy.. first post even.. I would mic drop if I were you and go out on top lol

Last edited:
If Appo manages a 6-4 record is there any scenario in which they can make the playoffs? Or is beating Middletown their only chance?

Now if the rumors about Cropper are true does the loss of a player like him affect St. E's playoff hopes or are they still a competitor?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT