ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2:

I have watched a lot of Smyrna’s games this year & if Matthews is 1st Team All State then Smyrna has 2 other players on 2nd/3rd Team. Once again they do not win tonight against Woodbride without Bloodsworth...absolutely nobody else who can handle ball pressure & he facilitates better than any other point guard I have seen. He was needed to score tonight & probably had about 25. Garnett owned the paint as usual with about 18-20 & easily a double-double. Matthews hit a few 3s in the first half but blueprint is out on him & as of lately he has been defended well.

Woodbridge’s Corbin would get an All State vote from me as well...he does it all for Woodbridge on both ends & basically plays the 2-5. No way he shouldn’t have gotten a touch on their last possession w/ 20+ secs left.

Why wow, they didnt have Rickards....

They were't that great WITH him
Weren’t that great w/ him? That is easy to say now that they are all done but let’s be for real they were a top team w/ wins over Sanford, Smyrna, Tech twice & CR twice w/ him, ranked #1 & #1 seed. Smyrna just happened to hand it to them last week. Just curious though if they weren’t that great WITH him...what teams would you consider “that great” this year then?

Reactions: 84rider
WOODBRIDGE 2 FOUL SHOTS ALLL GAME..CMON REFS..
I didn’t realize that they only shot 2 foul shots all night but will agree that there were some questionable calls. I expected Smyrna to shoot more free throws because they bang down low more but 2 all game is a little odd.

Reactions: jvm3
I really hope something will be done better about the officiating next year. It sounds like there is some kind of initiative. I heard them say they’re looking for people sign up. I hope people who really know the game will step up. The 2 ladies and the man refereeing tonight called it lopsided and awful at the Sallies/Dover games. I’m sure it’s around the league.

Henlopen 2-4 on the night. Smyrna/Woodbridge guaranteed one. Congrats to ST for knocking off good upstate team.

Is your name first on the list sir? I will say every referee is doing the very best job within their ability. They signed up to work the job. For a variety of reasons. All employees as well as owners make mistakes. The alternative is to let the players call the game. Or one parent from each side. Let me hear your solution. And please let me know your first assignment and the kids and I will be out to view. Signed. Hustle.

Worst HS game I ever saw....and I been attentive since 1957.

I've paid close attention since the early 90s and yeah, this won't be going to Springfield, but Sals defended Dover's guards well, even though Davis was able to get his when he got some space. Sals just turned the ball over a little less and that was the difference.

Reactions: jvm3
Is your name first on the list sir? I will say every referee is doing the very best job within their ability. They signed up to work the job. For a variety of reasons. All employees as well as owners make mistakes. The alternative is to let the players call the game. Or one parent from each side. Let me hear your solution. And please let me know your first assignment and the kids and I will be out to view. Signed. Hustle.

I was expecting someone to mention the fact they’re doing the best they can, and I agree and disagree with that statement. To answer your question however, yes I have reached out to iaabo and was told someone would call back. I’m still waiting on that phone call (since September). (I could also tell you the name of the one I contacted as well if that helps) You can do the best you can and still get a bad grade. Maybe showing you what I’m talking about may change your mind.

Last edited:
St E won 40-39. Privates go 4-1 with the only loss to another private. 8yaz will be thrilled.

She hates private schools?

8yaz is a he!

Smyrna 63, Woodbridge 59
Glasgow 52, Cape 46
Saint Elizabeth 40, St Georges 39
William Penn 47, CR 43
Caravel 61, Lake 59
Salesianum 34, Dover 30
Sanford 52, St Mark's 34
Sussex Tech 63, Mt Pleasant 62

8yaz is a he!

Smyrna 63, Woodbridge 59
Glasgow 52, Cape 46
William Penn 47, CR 43
Caravel 61, Lake 59
Salesianum 34, Dover 30
Sanford 52, St Mark's 34

Sorry. I thought someone said earlier @8yaz was female. My mistake.

#17 Glasgow vs #9 St. E’s
#4 WP vs #5 Caravel
#2 Sallies vs #7 Sanford
#3 Smyrna vs # 6 Sussex Tech

Anybody know who will be playing in which session on Saturday?

That 2 side is murder. Anyone who gets out of there alive will likely win the whole thing.

Then again, who expected St. E and Glasgow to get there? Saturday should be fun.

Reactions: pksundevil
8yaz is a he!

Smyrna 63, Woodbridge 59
Glasgow 52, Cape 46
William Penn 47, CR 43
Caravel 61, Lake 59
Salesianum 34, Dover 30
Sanford 52, St Mark's 34
8 games, 7 decided by 4 pts or less...now that’s a hell of a night for 2nd Round action. The only blowout was by Sanford who I would now consider the favorite.

I really hope something will be done better about the officiating next year. It sounds like there is some kind of initiative. I heard them say they’re looking for people sign up. I hope people who really know the game will step up. The 2 ladies and the man refereeing tonight called it lopsided and awful at the Sallies/Dover games. I’m sure it’s around the league.

#17 Glasgow vs #9 St. E’s
#4 WP vs #5 Caravel
#2 Sallies vs #7 Sanford
#3 Smyrna vs # 6 Sussex Tech

Anybody know who will be playing in which session on Saturday?
You have them in correct order. First game starts at noon. 2nd game to follow. Gym cleared. Next game starts at 6, Last game to follow. G vs St E at noon and so on....

Reactions: J12
C'mon now stop with the referee bashing. Dover went 10 for 17 from the line, while Salesianum goes 5 for 13 from the line. Where is the favoritism? You can't continually send 5'9" and 5'10" into the paint to finish over 6'7", 6'6", 6'5' and 6'3".
I told you Dover wasn't going to the Bob. You put too much pressure on 3 sophomore guards with still developing post players. With all those kids coming back, next year Dover will be right there with Sanford and Mount (w/ Cramer) as the early season favorites.

C'mon now stop with the referee bashing. Dover went 10 for 17 from the line, while Salesianum goes 5 for 13 from the line. Where is the favoritism? You can't continually send 5'9" and 5'10" into the paint to finish over 6'7", 6'6", 6'5' and 6'3".
I told you Dover wasn't going to the Bob. You put too much pressure on 3 sophomore guards with still developing post players. With all those kids coming back, next year Dover will be right there with Sanford and Mount (w/ Cramer) as the early season favorites.

Officiating is officiating though. Once again, I can show you better than just saying it.

Man the refs are taking much heat from the games tonight.

I don’t want to take nothing away from Sussex Tech but the refs were horrible I think playoff games should be played at neutral sites the refs should never have an imprint on the game and we need refs that’s up to date with today’s game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT