ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2:

Weren’t that great w/ him? That is easy to say now that they are all done but let’s be for real they were a top team w/ wins over Sanford, Smyrna, Tech twice & CR twice w/ him, ranked #1 & #1 seed. Smyrna just happened to hand it to them last week. Just curious though if they weren’t that great WITH him...what teams would you consider “that great” this year then?

None

Sanford and Smyrna are the two best teams though

Reactions: jvm3
So basically after all of this there will only be 1 downstate team in the Final 4...winner of Sussex Tech/Smyrna Saturday.

Why do these refs give games to certain schools In De. I hear all this Smyrna Team ! De really needs honest people for sports. Woodbridge
Is your name first on the list sir? I will say every referee is doing the very best job within their ability. They signed up to work the job. For a variety of reasons. All employees as well as owners make mistakes. The alternative is to let the players call the game. Or one parent from each side. Let me hear your solution. And please let me know your first assignment and the kids and I will be out to view. Signed. Hustle.

Well check the calls for Smyrna/Woodbridge and you be honest. They aren’t calling games right at all. Take and push other kids dreams away terrible.

None

Sanford and Smyrna are the two best teams though
If you say those 2 teams then I can’t disagree because those are the 2 teams that I would say that were better than Cape at this point in the season which may sound a little odd considering that Cape beat Sanford & went 1-2 vs Smyrna...down year this year even for DE basketball. I still think Cape would have cruised through that top half of the bracket though which is what I think Penn will do now.

Geeesh...What made it so bad?

With a good night 's sleep I am off the ledge. It was a little overdramatic to call it the worst game I have ever seen. There was a sequence ( and I know I will be corrected if wrong) where there was 4 consecutive shots blocked (2 by each team). I don't think I have seen this since the Chamberlain-Russell matchups.

It was in the bottom 10% but I am not asking for my $5 back.....

If you say those 2 teams then I can’t disagree because those are the 2 teams that I would say that were better than Cape at this point in the season which may sound a little odd considering that Cape beat Sanford & went 1-2 vs Smyrna...down year this year even for DE basketball. I still think Cape would have cruised through that top half of the bracket though which is what I think Penn will do now.

Cape was down by 10 at half to Sanford and won because they shot 53 free throws in the first game of the season and scored 30 in the 4th, mostly from the line. I don’t think most people who saw that game thought Cape was the better team. I know a W is a W but I think if they play 10 times, Sanford wins most.

Cape was down by 10 at half to Sanford and won because they shot 53 free throws in the first game of the season and scored 30 in the 4th, mostly from the line. I don’t think most people who saw that game thought Cape was the better team. I know a W is a W but I think if they play 10 times, Sanford wins most.

Sanford wins 9 out of 10 times. That's why Cape celebrated like they won the championship.

I actually thought the Tech game was officiated pretty decent. They let them play a little physical on both sides. no tic tac calls. Mount fans were complaining about calls at times when momentum shifted and the gym got loud but that's to be expected. Would have been interesting if they sent Ali to the line with no time on the clock to tie though!

C'mon now stop with the referee bashing. Dover went 10 for 17 from the line, while Salesianum goes 5 for 13 from the line. Where is the favoritism? You can't continually send 5'9" and 5'10" into the paint to finish over 6'7", 6'6", 6'5' and 6'3".
I told you Dover wasn't going to the Bob. You put too much pressure on 3 sophomore guards with still developing post players. With all those kids coming back, next year Dover will be right there with Sanford and Mount (w/ Cramer) as the early season favorites.

Comparing the previous “no foul call” to this steal. With a minute left in the game. Foul or no foul??? This call fouled Davis out of the game.

Last edited:
C'mon now stop with the referee bashing. Dover went 10 for 17 from the line, while Salesianum goes 5 for 13 from the line. Where is the favoritism? You can't continually send 5'9" and 5'10" into the paint to finish over 6'7", 6'6", 6'5' and 6'3".
I told you Dover wasn't going to the Bob. You put too much pressure on 3 sophomore guards with still developing post players. With all those kids coming back, next year Dover will be right there with Sanford and Mount (w/ Cramer) as the early season favorites.

Still less than two minutes to go, not only was the ball tipped by the defense, but the ball was saved. Yet, this play was called “backcourt”.

You have them in correct order. First game starts at noon. 2nd game to follow. Gym cleared. Next game starts at 6, Last game to follow. G vs St E at noon and so on....
Caravel v Penn is firs game at 12. St. E v G is at 1:45. That is the first session. Second session is Smyrna v Tech at 6. Then Sals v Sanford at 7:45

In the 1st clip, three steps were taken before the foul
In the 2nd, I agree that the travel call was missed
On the backcourt violation, I don't see that it's obvious that either player touched the ball

It's easier to form an opinion from a replay after the fact.
The refs didn't have that luxury last night.

On the backcourt violation, I don't see that it's obvious that either player touched the ball.
On the back court whether you can see it or not, he never went back court. Take a second look.

Travel was called bc after he came down, after the foul he had the ball. Either way, the foul happened before. Look at it again. How can the fans see the obvious and the refs cannot. Stevie Wonder can see it.

On the backcourt violation, I don't see that it's obvious that either player touched the ball

I have to go along with WayneJay on his insights....On the missed travel call if he had take a couple more steps he would have been half the way home. (..line stolen from the late Darryl Dawkins)

Reactions: jvm3
I have to go along with WayneJay on his insights....On the missed travel call if he had take a couple more steps he would have been half the way home. (..line stolen from the late Darryl Dawkins)

Then you would have to take a second look if you’re calling that travel before the foul.

I didn’t look at the videos but/because my thing is even if I were to take a look at them & agree that there may have been some missed calls I’m sure Sallies crew could do the same w/ their video if they took the time out to actually pick through the tape & post the calls that they felt didn’t go their way as well. I have been hearing the announcers at games trying to get people to come out & ref but NEVER would I consider doing this job when you will never ever be able to satisfy everybody. It’s an easy job just like coaching UNTIL your are the one doing it.

I actually thought the Tech game was officiated pretty decent. They let them play a little physical on both sides. no tic tac calls. Mount fans were complaining about calls at times when momentum shifted and the gym got loud but that's to be expected. Would have been interesting if they sent Ali to the line with no time on the clock to tie though!
To many inconsistent and non existent calls you can’t say it was a physical game because tech was a jump shooting team Mt on the other hand we’re getting butcher Delaware refs don’t even know what a euro step is and they can’t even keep up with the players and the speed of running up and down the court DIAA needs to look into this matter seriously

I completely here what you’re saying. However, never in my years of coaching and as a parent have I seen officiating this bad and totally lopsided. I’m sure Sallies would not have the same clips considering they were the home team. The clips I sent were just mainly the final minutes. There are plenty more of that one game. It’s one thing to miss calls, it’s a completely different thing to blatantly not make the call, or worse not even know the call. We can’t keep making excuses for this level of officiating or see it as bashing the officials. You must call it for what it is. The players deserve that much. Nevertheless, there’s always next year. I’ll talk to you guys next year during football season.

I completely here what you’re saying. However, never in my years of coaching and as a parent have I seen officiating this bad and totally lopsided. I’m sure Sallies would not have the same clips considering they were the home team. The clips I sent were just mainly the final minutes. There are plenty more of that one game. It’s one thing to miss calls, it’s a completely different thing to blatantly not make the call, or worse not even know the call. We can’t keep making excuses for this level of officiating or see it as bashing the officials. You must call it for what it is. The players deserve that much. Nevertheless, there’s always next year. I’ll talk to you guys next year during football season.
Now if the calls are purposely lopsided benefiting one team or the home team specifically then that is a big problem...I was more so talking about in cases where it may be consistently bad for both teams.

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Now if the calls are purposely lopsided benefiting one team or the home team specifically then that is a big problem...I was more so talking about in cases where it may be consistently bad for both teams.

Videos do not lie. Again, that’s just the last few significant possessions. Anyone who believes these don’t make a difference is dead wrong.

No w/o Rickards I thought Glasgow had a good chance.. and they won

Wait, I thought you said you were still going with Cape. I predicted they would not win simply bc of Rickards not being there. If he was there, they would’ve won easily.

To many inconsistent and non existent calls you can’t say it was a physical game because tech was a jump shooting team Mt on the other hand we’re getting butcher Delaware refs don’t even know what a euro step is and they can’t even keep up with the players and the speed of running up and down the court DIAA needs to look into this matter seriously
Second half of that statement is spot on. Delaware refs are way behind the curve

Videos do not lie. Again, that’s just the last few significant possessions. Anyone who believes these don’t make a difference is dead wrong.
OK Dover Dad, please show the video clips of Dover's alleged defense on Paul Brown, Salesianum's 6'7" center. How many times was he grabbed, kneed, or illegally pushed in the post? The refs let them play!
Please show the video clips of Dover's alleged defense on Jack Brown, Salesianum's 6'5" wing. On practically every cut he was held and/or bumped by someone 7 or 8 inches shorter. If not for the grabbing, the game is a 15 to 20 point victory. Dover was smaller at 4 of the 5 positions. Again, no complaints from me, I want kids to play through contact and the refs to take a background role.

Please show more video clips of Dover's dribble hand-off and weave offense. How many illegal screens were ignored? How many times did a Dover player travel on the catch?
Sallies "won" the scrimmage in November and the game in March.

OK Dover Dad, please show the video clips of Dover's alleged defense on Paul Brown, Salesianum's 6'7" center. How many times was he grabbed, kneed, or illegally pushed in the post? The refs let them play!
Please show the video clips of Dover's alleged defense on Jack Brown, Salesianum's 6'5" wing. On practically every cut he was held and/or bumped by someone 7 or 8 inches shorter. If not for the grabbing, the game is a 15 to 20 point victory. Dover was smaller at 4 of the 5 positions. Again, no complaints from me, I want kids to play through contact and the refs to take a background role.

Please show more video clips of Dover's dribble hand-off and weave offense. How many illegal screens were ignored? How many times did a Dover player travel on the catch?
Sallies "won" the scrimmage in November and the game in March.

Two things:

1. You win
2. Don’t ask him to post more video

and his son is only a soph. we got two more years of him on here and the football board

images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT