ADVERTISEMENT

Semis picks

BriggsBeall

moving up to Varsity
Dec 21, 2011
I gave my pick for Smyrna on another thread. I think Sanford will have problems matching up with Smyrna's guards and the team's experience.

I saw the regular season game with St E and Caravel. Caravel put on a clinic and ran the Vikings out of their own gym. Parker had 34 very reminiscent of the Penn game in the quarters.

I don't see this repeated tonight. St E looked pretty good against Glasgow. Nate Thomas might be the most underrated player in the state.

This will be much more competitive. But I still like Caravel by 8 setting up a rematch of last years final.

Reactions: jvm3
Biggest difference in the Smyrna Sanford game will be outside shooting....I give Smyrna the edge.... other than that they match up well

I watched Sanford play Smryna last year... Davis will be the difference ... He will do whatever he wants... Sanford by 7..

@sparty
are yaz and basin related or are they one in the same

Sanford, for me, is far and away the best team in the state right now...and for the next 2 years.

You are right. Stan/Sanford has the best team in the state but they can’t win.
yall keep busting on Stan cause they don't win, but reality is were they are when they finish their careers, which are usually on top, Stan prepares his young boys for life, not just winning state titles and that's what makes him a great coach and is the reason he is on the national scene

yall keep busting on Stan cause they don't win, but reality is were they are when they finish their careers, which are usually on top, Stan prepares his young boys for life, not just winning state titles and that's what makes him a great coach and is the reason he is on the national scene

Stan doesn’t prepare them. The school that cost 30K prepares them in every way. Stan just dress nice and plays the role. Stan does a below average job coaching. Just because he sat on the USA bench this past summer means nothing. The USA picks the best players from one of the most dominant basketball countries in the world. It’s the same thing he has at Sanford where he picks and chooses the talent but still lose and dopes like you try to still give him credit. Stop it!! Below average coach with well above average talent year in and year out.

Caravel: Earl-12, Sengphachanh-6, Keister-2, Montgomery-2, Nasuti-6, Parker-13
St E's: J.Brown-15, Jones-7, Thomas-15, Money-4, Dickerson-11, N.Brown-6

Sanford: Perkins-7, S.Williams-2, Harris-2, Davis-19, Njoku-15
Smyrna: Sylvester-3, Bloodsworth-4, Garnett-12, Matthews-18, Wilson-6, VeasleyJohnson-4

Stan doesn’t prepare them. The school that cost 30K prepares them in every way. Stan just dress nice and plays the role. Stan does a below average job coaching. Just because he sat on the USA bench this past summer means nothing. The USA picks the best players from one of the most dominant basketball countries in the world. It’s the same thing he has at Sanford where he picks and chooses the talent but still lose and dopes like you try to still give him credit. Stop it!! Below average coach with well above average talent year in and year out.
If he was so great, he wouldn't still be coaching HS basketball in Delaware

Reactions: Dropping 3's
@Filmore00, come on man, Stan is starting 3 freshman and a sophomore, stop the hating and give credit where credit is due. The only reason I felt Smyrna would win this game is the veterans they have in that line up. Those couple of years difference means a lot. Bloodsworth and Matthews are battle tested. The couple of years difference also means a lot when you’re talking body strength and mental toughness. All of this should be obvious imo.

@Filmore00, come on man, Stan is starting 3 freshman and a sophomore, stop the hating and give credit where credit is due. The only reason I felt Smyrna would win this game is the veterans they have in that line up. Those couple of years difference means a lot. Bloodsworth and Matthews are battle tested. The couple of years difference also means a lot when you’re talking body strength and mental toughness. All of this should be obvious imo.

Sanford starts a Senior, 3 sophomores, & 1 freshman. The sophomores are in there 3rd year of high school ball- playing since 8th grade.

Reactions: sportsguy725
You also said the same thing on the girls bb forum about Noonan...game respect game.

Not sure what game respect game is but these guys hand pick there talent year after year. They should win it 50% of the time at least.

Reactions: J12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT