ADVERTISEMENT

Semis picks

A day has passed since the biggest shock to all the basketball guru’s on this board has happened. So many claim to know the sport but fail to remember one thing...When you are hot, you are hot! Look at March Madness when a Cinderella team is just clicking. They just win doesn’t matter the opponents. StE was the hot team this playoff season and played with that chip on shoulder.
You have to admit it’s pretty amazing that a school with under 400 kids can match up with schools with a 1000 +.
The best team won it this year. They may not have the stars that other teams have but they won as a team. Team defense and team offense.
Eat that crow because it’s extra good this time of year.

Ashamed ,dude I live in magnolia...please come down to earth....you are saying that Garnett represents the Smyrna community and Richards represents Lewes community. What society do you live in, where one persons actions reflect on the entire community. Shut the front door with that nonsense.
No they don't represent the communities. However ,when the adults in charge allow them to wear the communities jersey AND allow them to act like fools in public, the communities look bad. You don't get that?

No they don't represent the communities. However ,when the adults in charge allow them to wear the communities jersey AND allow them to act like fools in public, the communities look bad. You don't get that?

soccer, I’m not interested in your goody two shoes shit, you’re entitled to your opinions. Those communities have more than enough good students and student athletes that represent their school and community well. I chose not to focus on the bad apples like you.you have a history imo of pointing out and dwelling on young people of color. Your posts over the years speaks for themselves. I call them like I see them.

He said nothing of color. Regardless of your color...kick someone in the face while wearing the jersey...your done.

The adults need to hold players and students to a standard. Just as Garnett turning his back to an official should have prompted the coach to sit him for the game. As far as having enough good students..thats all that should be playing. If your an idiot and don't know how to behave..you do not play. We have lowered the bar far enough. We will need a ditch to go any lower.

It does reflect on the community.. whether you like it or not. It's the only impression some get of a school it area.

Only a select few still want to talk about the “kick”, the rest of us have moved on to congratulating St E, basketball is over, where were your high horse opinions and values on the wrestling forum with all the drama they had. Hopefully these young learned available lesson this year and go on to be successful in whatever they do. Stop being a crab. Mentor a kid, you’re a english professor. If you’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem, idiot

Reactions: Notthistimebuddy
Does not matter when I joined. Truth is the truth. Players and athletes need to be accountable (as well as the coaches - I think Smyrna should take a look at a coach who allows players to act like that).

Get off your high horse, it's depreps...not "84rider" preps. You seem to get very upset when anyone says something you do not like.

Not upset at all, I don’t care for posters who’s first post was like yours. Grammar, punctuation and the smh reference. You mad a screen name to start shit and then proceed to lecture everyone on grammar. This will be my last response to you since the only you comment on is non game related actions. You are correct this is Depreps, we debate sports not grammar. See ya

soccer, I’m not interested in your goody two shoes shit, you’re entitled to your opinions. Those communities have more than enough good students and student athletes that represent their school and community well. I chose not to focus on the bad apples like you.you have a history imo of pointing out and dwelling on young people of color. Your posts over the years speaks for themselves. I call them like I see them.
And your telling me Dicky Howells arrest brought sunshine to CR. There's a white guy!
If I'm a goody two shoes for pointing out wrong, then you are the problem, not me. The fact that Rickards is still on that team is ridiculous! The fact that Mears had to tackle Garnett to keep him from getting into the fight speaks for itself. Come on adults, hold some standard of acceptable behavior over "Chips". stfu.

Dicky was an adult not a student. His situation was horrible for a person in a position of authority. With that being said he doesn’t define the CR community, student body and staff. You seem to enjoy dwelling on the bad. I’m the problem lol, i bet there are a lot of posters that had issues when they were young like myself. The difference being, the adults in my life didn’t label me or give up on me. I learned from those mistakes and made myself better. We can’t discard kids as if they were trash. We have to invest in them and show them they are a commodity and their life is full of promise and purpose. @soccer07 you stfu lmao

Guess you didn't like what he said??? You are right, I can stick up for my self.

I know you are more than capable of sticking up for yourself, just don’t care for the idiot...I’m ok with your posts, they stir thought and debate...you goody two shoes lol

Holding student athletes accountable is not giving up on them.

Saying people are giving up on them would play into the "it's not my fault" society we find ourselves in. Total crap cop out.

And apparently on grammar someone did give up on you. Discussing grammar is the fairest common ground we share. Again standards are a great barometer.

You know nothing about Delaware high school basketball so not much to discuss there.

..."if you meet an asshole in the morning..you met an asshole...if you meet them all day..you're the asshole"

Last edited:
Ya know, in life there are consequences. Sometimes serious consequences. Please understand, my problem isn't with the kid(s), its with the adults. Stand up to unacceptable, don't give in to wins. I have benched kids for wayyyyyyy less and been threatened by parents because of it. It was the right thing then and I still enforce the same standards on my teams now. I know coaches who believe and conduct their teams the same way and help young men grow into responsible teammates and move on and UP in life. Sub the kid when he was mocking the official?? Aw hell, this basketball coach I know would have been on the floor yanking him off the court. Wellll, their just kids... BS. Come on dude. As an aside, I've never cussed on this board. My apologies.

..."if you meet an asshole in the morning..you met an asshole...if you meet them all day..your the asshole"[/QUOTE]

Like that one!!!

Wonderful things can happen when you sew seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes

When a person talks about consequences, punishment, and the individual behaviors as societal failures 99% of the time, there is usually 1 common thing (it involves black kids). It's like brown skinned people are not individuals and are responsible for the actions of people they don't even know. The funny thing is people can be racist and not even know it. It's not until u piss them off or on social media that the kkk surfaces.

Yes they can be @sportsjunkie, I’m good to see @soccer agrees with you since the context could be applied to him and the idiot lol

Where did race come into anything I said?
Why would anyone read race into any of these comments?

Intriguing moreso that none of you know my race. In fact I mentioned two specific people one of each race, one being the Smyrna coach who I think should be held accountable for his actions..or lack thereof.

Please include your source for the 99% statistic, I would like to follow up on that. In fact there are probably statistics on how often people throw out false numbers to exaggerate their point.

Where did race come into anything I said?
Why would anyone read race into any of these comments?

Intriguing moreso that none of you know my race. In fact I mentioned two specific people one of each race, one being the Smyrna coach who I think should be held accountable for his actions..or lack thereof.

Please include your source for the 99% statistic, I would like to follow up on that. In fact there are probably statistics on how often people throw out false numbers to exaggerate their point.
Don't pay them any mind. Accountability and responsibility always brings out the "Race Card" on this forum.... Even when you talk about the adults.

These school districts do have to hold their student athletes to higher standards. I agree with that, but to say Cape and Smyrna are bad schools because of these actions isn’t fair at all. You can’t decide that off of a couple altercations. Cape is a beautiful school with unbelievable facilities. Smyrna is a booming area with a lot of kids attending there now those communities are not bad at all.

Reactions: 84rider
I bet you blame the gun too....

As a veteran and gun(s) owner, that’s stupid. During my seven years in the Middle East, I have seen arrogant pricks like you shoot themselves on occasion. I’ve also seen tough guys like you piss in their pants when being shot at...just saying

Last edited:
As a veteran and gun(s) owner, that’s stupid. During my seven years in the Middle East, I have seen arrogant pricks like you shoot themselves on occasion. I’ve also seen tough guys like you piss in their pants when being shot at...just saying

His account name has “soccer” in it. I bet he’d piss his pants if a baby duck chased after him. Like most soccer players

Lol... Relax fellas... I agree with @84rider..... If you think Rickards 1 basketball game hurt Capes legacy and community... People on here very stupid... Iam part of Capes community and alumni too.. We perfectly fine... He made one mistake... Cape believes in second chances.. Nobody on God's green earth is perfect and that includes all of us on this board... Real talk. .. Period...

Lol... Relax fellas... I agree with @84rider..... If you think Rickards 1 basketball game hurt Capes legacy and community... People on here very stupid... Iam part of Capes community and alumni too.. We perfectly fine... He made one mistake... Cape believes in second chances.. Nobody on God's green earth is perfect and that includes all of us on this board... Real talk. .. Period...

He made one mistake? That was the first example of poor sportsmanship from him? Didn’t know that but good to know!! Hopefully he learns from it

Season over with.. Let the rumor mill begin.. Garnett to Dover to form power 4 or he goes to Maryland? ?? Barnes and 2 of his sidekicks come with him to Cape .. Or Hyland, Ali, Cramer form power team at Mount, I.R has there whole team back next year and will easily win South next year.. Or can Stan and his young fellas finally mature into an unstoppable force.. Its about to be a crazy off season... Its about to get real..lol

Last edited:
Season over with.. Let the rumor mill begin.. Garnett to Dover or Maryland? ?? Barnes and 2 of his sidekicks come with him to Cape .. Or Hyland, Ali, Cramer form power team at Mount, I.R has there whole team back next year and will easily win South next year.. Or can Stan and his young fellas finally mature into an unstoppable force.. Its about to be a crazy off season...
How can the kids switch schools and still be eligible to play? I thought if someone transferred after 10th grade or later that they had to sit out a year?? Is that true or false?

How can the kids switch schools and still be eligible to play? I thought if someone transferred after 10th grade or later that they had to sit out a year?? Is that true or false?
Easily... Barnes in DC.. So dont really matter... Bloodsworth transfered to Smryna his senior year and played ..

Depends on what your feeder is. Bloodsworth went from a private school to a public school which is easy because income could be the cause of that or is you move addresses. Otherwise out of state there’s no problems

@ravensrooster2 has a lot of knowledge reference transfers, from reading some of his posts, so most my Limited knowledge comes from reading his posts. So, I believe if a parent or parents move or live in a different school zone, they can transfer without penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT