ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

no this dude wasn't moving just blocking.. but it was towards the middle... but you would have seen me as you know who I am ,.. I was pretty animated,,probably too much so.. but it could have been him as it was around the 40 South end.. He was a short old man with a beard decked out in Mtown garb. He was obviously distraught his team was losing so maybe I should have been more sensitive to that fact.. At least that is what the Mrs was lecturing me about on the way to the car

I wanna say that was the incident. I know the guy and as I can't speak for him, I do apologize that you guys had to go through that. I wish I knew you were in the same section. Would have like to met up and gotten your take before kickoff and halftime

I hope our fans didn't annoy you too much as everyone "hates Middletown fans" apparently

I wanna say that was the incident. I know the guy and as I can't speak for him, I do apologize that you guys had to go through that. I wish I knew you were in the same section. Would have like to met up and gotten your take before kickoff and halftime

I hope our fans didn't annoy you too much as everyone "hates Middletown fans" apparently

Who was it? I'd like a name.

Give me a name.

Ps love you RR. I really do. The disagreements are fun. Let's get a beer and talk RLCA, Smyrna and how wrong everyone else is about everything.
get a beer no problem but RLCA is ancient history... We werent recruited there and we went there because we wanted to move here and our kids were in small Christian schools to begin with... I had no knowledge of Sills and the USC thing prior but knew it was a small private that was trying to build football program..Seemed like a good fit. The story in the papers and that ensued was after we enrolled there,, I defended it because we were recruited by MIAA schools, Curley, Calvert Hall, Loyola and Gilman,Curley went as far as offer me job as a JV coach and pay my kids way, It was normal to me and I didnt think what RLCA was doing was that far out of bounds.. Yeah we were in financial straights and between the schools financial aide 20% and focus money we paid 350 per month for two boys.. but the reality is the coaches didnt even know who my kid was and didnt think he could help them,, He ended up starting as a Freshman but they didnt know that then

Last edited:

its cool .. I took more heat from the Mrs for my response then what that guy did...such is married life,, Are you sure you want to get married?

@UD1989
That wasn't me, I was close by though. Poppa Drass looking good, looks like a million dollars.

@rr
That wasn't me, I was decked out in my Jason Boltus Hartwick Hawks gear and with my eldest grandson.
I sport the Hartwick College gear, my youngest daughter is a premed cheerleader at the same time I donn Delaware Valley University gear, my youngest son is a business major, he thinks he can still ball as a true Mike, I keep telling him your 15 years to late.

Reactions: Chesdel
@UD1989
That wasn't me, I was close by though. Poppa Drass looking good, looks like a million dollars.

@rr
That wasn't me, I was decked out in my Jason Boltus Hartwick Hawks gear and with my eldest grandson.
I sport the Hartwick College gear, my youngest daughter is a premed cheerleader at the same time I donn Delaware Valley University gear, my youngest son is a business major, he thinks he can still ball as a true Mike, I keep telling him your 15 years to late.
I didnt think it was,, just a joke,,, Your much too refined to be THAT guy

Sorry, why are we talking about Wesley? They basically have the talent of a Delaware division 2 high school team, right?

I bet smyrna would wreck them.

Smyrna had multiple division 1 players on offense.

Wesley has zero division one players.

Remember that.
Hopefully you are joking, if not Just stop it! First of all taking nothings away from the coaching at Smyrna, but they do an excellent job of out coaching Delaware high school coaches. That's not really hard based on none of them know how to defend a passing game and they all run the exact same offensive plays. Coach Drass is not a Delaware high school coach.

Smyrna has 1 Power 5 type player and 2 Division 1 prospect players.

Wesley has more then what you may think. They have always recruited guys who were or could play Divisin 1 ball. Most ended up at Wesley because of grades and clearing house issues. Let's remember they did beat now Division 1 UNC Charlotte last year or the year before....can't remember.

You're a dope

Do you disagree with the logic?

Division 1 players are exponentially better than division 3.

Smyrna had multiple division 1 and division 1aa players.

Wesley, a division 3 school, has not one division 1 player.

therefore, smyrna beats Wesley. Easily.

Hopefully you are joking, if not Just stop it! First of all taking nothings away from the coaching at Smyrna, but they do an excellent job of out coaching Delaware high school coaches. Coach Drass is not a Delaware high school coach.

Smyrna has 1 Power 5 type player and 2 Division 1 prospect players.

Wesley has more then what you may think. They have always recruited guys who were or could play Divisin 1 ball. Most ended up at Wesley because of grades and clearing house issues. Let's remember they did beat now Division 1 UNC Charlotte last year.

I heard Drass sweats like a peeg even in subzero temperatures. Is that true? Do you know him? If he plays his cards right he might get an assistant spot at smyrna

Do you disagree with the logic?

Division 1 players are exponentially better than division 3.

Smyrna had multiple division 1 and division 1aa players.

Wesley, a division 3 school, has not one division 1 player.

therefore, smyrna beats Wesley. Easily.
Wisconsin Whitewater and Mount Union are two Division 3 schools that can beat a lot of Division 1 schools. Every year they recruit or end up with a lot of kids who should be or were attending Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Iowa. Division 3 doesn't mean less athletic. Many under the radar or players who have issues with academics end up there. Khalil Mack was heading in that direction if he didn't get a late offer from Buffalo.

I heard Drass sweats like a peeg even in subzero temperatures. Is that true? Do you know him? If he plays his cards right he might get an assistant spot at smyrna
Don't personally know him, but I do know that UDs athletic director asked him if he was interested in the job. Not sure what his response was.

i could be wrong, but I was also under the impression that he mentored Coach Judy.

So all those 5'9, 210 pound starting D3 linebackers could have went d1 but they chose to instead pay 20k for a Wesley degree?

Now that you mention it, it makes sense. I'm with you.

Don't personally know him, but I do know that UDs athletic director asked him if he was interested in the job. Not sure what his response was.

Why would UDs athletic director ask drass if he would be interested in an assistant job at smyrna?

Sorry, why are we talking about Wesley? They basically have the talent of a Delaware division 2 high school team, right?

I bet smyrna would wreck them.
I have to agree with you. There is no way Wesley could keep up with the fast paced Smyrna offense and all those D-1 players. It would not even be close. Hell, Wesley doesn't even have a decent quarterback. I bet the line would be Smyrna -21.

There has been plenty of seasons where Wesley could beat Delaware State. I'm taking it that Smyrna must be able to beat them too.

You guys are talking crazy. College sports is a recruited All Star team of players put together from all states. Lots of their players were All State where they came from. Many were All State in Delaware. Wesley is usually one of the top 5 D3 teams in the country. I didn't follow Wesley too much this year, but I dif hear that they have been down from previous years, but not down enough to lose to a Delaware high school team. 90% of the Smyrna players won't even play football again after graduation. You guys are really trying to convince people that Smyrna would be able to beat a Wesley team consisting ine of the best coaching staff in D3, huge linemen, the QB that went to the NFL, and I will even through in our own Jamar Baynard?

If you believe what you are saying to be true, you guys really have to get out of Delaware a little more.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys understand just how fast Smyrna is. They're eagles, just think about it. They will just soar over the wolverines, no contest. Bugs Bunny pitching, Bugs.......

Funny-Trolling-Best-Troll-Ever-Funny-Trolls98.jpg

This thread has gotten stupid. It doesn't stop here. some sports nut on tv suggested Alabama could match up or beat the Ceveland Browns.

Whoa Nelly! Of course anyone suggesting that Smyrna could beat Wesley is just pulling your leg to get a rise out of you. Some of you seem to be taking this seriously. Yes, I know that most of you are just egging things on for the fun of it. The line play alone would make it ugly for a high school team against most D3 teams. You can't just point to a few skill players and think equality.

Glad you went there...waiting for that. Between coaching and my job, that's not an option. I do know guys that have and have gotten two(2) games in an entire season. It didn't even pay for their gear. You better know someone if you get into that business.

rr...I'll share more stories if you contact me offline. I'm not bashing officiating, just expected better today...to reiterate once again.

I coach two of the top recruits in the NATION! 20 + Offers each.. Soph and junior... 3 D1 on my team.. another freshmen.. Wesley WOULD THROTTLE US! I played and coached there. There is BIG time talent at that school. Over the past 6-7 years Wesley has beat several D-IAA programs.. etc. Charlotte, Charleston in SC, Iona.. When I coached there we played Butler twice.. Both close games..IAA.
I have to agree.. This is a silly discussion.

Reactions: spartakos
Most of you guys have no clue what a division one player is. Unless your at least 6'3 as an offensive lineman you have no shot. As a linebacker you better be at least 6'+. Dline 6'2+ and over 250 right now in high school. Qb better be 6'1+ with a cannon or no shot. As the division go down to 2 & 3 so do these numbers. It doesn't mean that kid isn't a great player. But the reality is that there is certain criteria that recruiters are looking for. The same goes in baseball & basketball. Sorry that's just reality.

No high school team in this state is staying on the field with any college team mentioned. It would be boys vs men. 15-17 years olds can't compete with 18-21 yr old in this sport.

Most of you guys have no clue what a division one player is. Unless your at least 6'3 as an offensive lineman you have no shot. As a linebacker you better be at least 6'+. Dline 6'2+ and over 250 right now in high school. Qb better be 6'1+ with a cannon or no shot. As the division go down to 2 & 3 so do these numbers. It doesn't mean that kid isn't a great player. But the reality is that there is certain criteria that recruiters are looking for. The same goes in baseball & basketball. Sorry that's just reality.
I think there are exceptions to the height rules. Obviously like Russell Wilson height isn't everything, but your point stands. The high school to college jump is a big one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT