ADVERTISEMENT

St.E's football

Don't know but heard two of their best players (sophomores) have already left the school........

Best??? That's a fun word to throw around because there best player was a junior this year and don't get that twisted.
Problem with St.E's that I saw last year was too many "I" players and not enough "team" players.

Best??? That's a fun word to throw around because there best player was a junior this year and don't get that twisted.
Problem with St.E's that I saw last year was too many "I" players and not enough "team" players.
“2 of their best players” doesn’t equal their “best” player smart guy.........smh

I wouldn't consider the two or 1 player best either. Good - yes, best - no. But it's your opinion "smart guy"

The kid I’m referring to was a 2nd team all-conference DB & is a Sophomore. Don’t know if he is one of their best or not ... never seen him play but he must be pretty good. He’s a beast in the weight room from what I’ve been told .

I agree with MightyMik I saw alot of 'I' also and not team!! They have some talent there if they just put the pieses together. Hopefully they get a good hire that will push them a little.

Gotta love Rich Kotite. He was pretty bad with the Birds....and was on his way to having his contract not renewed. Then Leon Hess (God rest his soul. I think he was approaching senility) actually recruited him to coach the Jets. I think it was so bad that Mr. Hess' kids tried to rest control of the Jets. Then through some kind of arbitration they agreed that when he died the team would be sold and that none of them would try to buy the team. Mr. Hess dies.....and Woody Johnson (from Johnson and Johnson) buys the team. So they go from oil refineries to band aids.

I think the Jets have been cursed ever since Broadway Joe pulled off the greatest NFL upset of all time...

Reactions: 84rider
Honestly, I think Wilson going to St. George's will be a game changer. Wilson has had a lot of success at St. Marks, and has over achieved with what he's had to deal with at St. Marks. With a upcoming program such as St. George's, if he can install a program and philosophy much like He did at St. Marks I can see him turning that program into a playoff contender soon, just a matter of time and the kids to buy in.

For starters, he's gonna have to change the playbook drastically. Run, run, and run again just doesn't cut these days when you have teams like Smyrna, Sallies, Middletown scoring at will.

He does good with QB's.. might snag a few from MOT that would have went to MT or Appo.. CA as well

All the coaches at StE are former Spartans and all of them are going back. Look for a Viking to take over the ship at StE

NO WAY. There are no former players with coaching experience coaching HS. I know 3 former players that did coach the grade school.

Wright along with his whole coaching staff went to St. Marks. No idea who will be the coach at St. E and I’m sure they don’t either. Joe Papili is the President now with nobody filling the athletic director position he doesn’t really put it as his main priority so we’ll see how long it takes them to get a coach who actually wants to coach for a school that nobody wants to play football at. Cam Ross is the player who left prior to Wright coming in. He goes to St. John’s College HS. Timmy Butler is the player that was all conference this year and Dequez Walker was there other solid skill wide receiver and punt guy. Both sophomores and Dequez went to MTown

For a time in the 1960s St E's was in the Silk Panty League....then they left as they gained in Athletic status. In 1950s Archmere was in the SPL. They also left.

I think both would be good fits for the SPL....

Definitely not Dan Reeder. Lol, as I stated in another post, I had a good ten minute chat with Dan and Troy a couple of weeks ago, they are way to focused to worry about Depreps and coaching, I assure you.

Reactions: spartakos
St E Job is a job that could be a nice position to build a nice program. Will Joe stay as the AD or will they hire another AD? That could be a difference maker in who they hire.

Well It's getting late and almost May and no coach hired. No assistants either to work with the kids in the weight room. I guess football is low on the priority list. Also with above people mentioned kids leaving I guess you can't blame them. Shame!!

For the 4th year in a row the Red Clay School Board has rejected my idea of merging McKean and Dickinson and naming the new school McDick. The uniforms would be great!

Reactions: soccer07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT