ADVERTISEMENT

St.E's football

Interviews held Tuesday and Wed essay night. Those three plus a former asst at St George’s and a Sallies guy.

From what I heard from buddy’s kid. Ad and principal were extra excited about hire.

I’m saying Dooley

If they are excited about the new hire I would assume its a former player. If they could get Dooley from Wp it would be a major move for the Vikings. I cant see that happening. My bet its Jody Russell.

Maybe it’s because I’m a Henlopen guy but why does St E head coaching position mean that much. Are they supposed to be good next season or do they have a lot of talent and the previous coach didn’t know how to use it ? I’m not trying to be sarcastic, just curious. If we were talking about a team with a long winning history I would understand. Again just asking, what am I missing?

Maybe it’s because I’m a Henlopen guy but why does St E head coaching position mean that much. Are they supposed to be good next season or do they have a lot of talent and the previous coach didn’t know how to use it ? I’m not trying to be sarcastic, just curious. If we were talking about a team with a long winning history I would understand. Again just asking, what am I missing?
No your not missing anything. Just nothing else to talk about...

Reactions: 84rider
I think the topic is of interest because of the old prestige of the job. 3 state championship since 1994. Always a competitive team under the last stable coaching staff. Now if you are referring to the last 4 years than yes this is just another job. But if you talk about the past as a selling point than it’s interesting.
State champions in basketball so clearly they have athletes at this small school.

When I posed the question, I thought the same thing @MightyMik, they definitely have some athletes roaming the hallways. 3 ships in the last 23 years, did any those ships come under the old regime ?

All state championship came under Joe Hemphill. Not the last two jokes that coached there. RR would agree with me on this one.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I think that's unfair to the rest of that St. E team which played some GREAT defense and Andre's older brother Eric wearing down the clock running for 100 yards a night. Either way, that was less than 10 years ago, so St. E feels like they can get back in the D2 conversation and looking around New Castle County, they really can.

Andre was only a sophomore on that senior heavy team. Believe it or not Andre was only 2 or honorable mention all state that year. Eric his brother was 1st team and defensive player of year.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Now, will Marvin and Danny schedule a game? I know it is too late for this year but the City cries out for the days of Hemphill vs. Grandell and their willingness to play one for the locals!!!

84 Rider - St. E's has a long winning history

I'm on record of predicting this February 28th.They'll struggle this year due to adjusting to "Marvin" football but will be back to their ole days of past.

Reactions: EJS313
From what I heard two of the problem players will follow old coach to St. Marks. Wonder how successful they will be there.
I agree will take time to adjust but looking at roster they will be a senior heavy team looking to finally win after a rough three years.
Dooley will definitely take the I off that team from this past season for sure.

Reactions: EJS313
Ritt dropped St.E's and picked up Friends because they couldn't beat them.

If my fading memory is correct the last regular season game between Howard and Friends was like 2002 or 2003. I am happy for Coach Dooley and the St. E's community. Interesting hire....

wow! Dooley has a good relationship with Reed hopefully St E and CA can rekindle the fire and play annually like they used to

Reactions: Chesdel
It will be a Sr heavy team this yr. He will need to go out and bring some talent in for the following yrs.

For all of the Dooley love, realize that he is going to from a program with 2400 kids to one with 300...Can't afford to be the big bad wolf necessarily when there are no replacement to be found.

That's overstated tbh because 2400 kids doesn't mean they're all athletes. That and St. Georges was taking some of the best football players from Penn to begin with.

And if anybody can bring order and stability to St. E like in the Hemphill era, it's definitely Marvin Dooley. Give him a couple of years and St. E will be a D2 title contender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT