ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

Ok, as I said before, if we complained about the refs after an L, we'd be bellyaching.

You can read all my posts...I said it wasn't all on them...I just expected better.

Let's just leave it as my expectations of championship caliber is different than everyone else's.
dude enjoy the Ring thats all that matters.. and hug your boy he earned it

I'll probably be up for awhile...we can go on and on people b/c I'm being attacked for stating facts. If everyone here thinks status quo is sufficient than this forum is never what I thought it was. I'll go down defending student athletes while you defend the refs performance today(hopefully, it was just a bad one).

Ok, as I said before, if we complained about the refs after an L, we'd be bellyaching.

You can read all my posts...I said it wasn't all on them...I just expected better.

Let's just leave it as my expectations of championship caliber is different than everyone else's.

And we expect championship caliber sportsmanship/fans which means not boo'ing after every damn flag thrown against your team and then not complaining about the Refs after you won the game

Negative rr.
I've held back for my son's sake. His HS fball career is over. Don't worry, I gave him his props, he's out celebrating w/his friends. You guys are the end all, know all, but won't tell it like it is w/officials. They didn't control the game, they looked out of their element, and I would call them average at best. A team could lose a chip at their expense even.

Finally, a topic worth discussing on here and you guys(some) don't want to address it.

I discuss a possible transfer and you'lol post 160x. Unreal!

And we expect championship caliber sportsmanship/fans which means not boo'ing after every damn flag thrown against your team and then not complaining about the Refs after you won the game

I'm responsible for all Smy fans now. Does that even make sense?
Although I'll back my Smy faithful. Did you read my earlier post about the Sept scrimmage? I suggest you do, b/c you must not have been there to witness what we did from our opponent.

I'll probably be up for awhile...we can go on and on people b/c I'm being attacked for stating facts. If everyone here thinks status quo is sufficient than this forum is never what I thought it was. I'll go down defending student athletes while you defend the refs performance today(hopefully, it was just a bad one).
lol no one is attacking you we are just saying chill and enjoy the moment... HS refs are what they are they always will be,, they will never be up your standards,, not gonna happen.. Hey here is an idea,, Your kid is going off to college and you have some time.. Grab a whistle and show em how it should be done step up and be a problem solver Sir I will if you will and I mean that

your fighting a losing battle take your ship and ring and enjoy.. wtf.. only the losers cry about the refs dont you know that?

I am sincerely disappointed in you rr, would've at least thought you would tell it like it is.

If we had lost and cried, you guys would have a field day. We win and I say the refs were not championship caliber and I get all these rebuttals? I should be saying wtf. My expectations must be a lil higher I guess

And I don't lose rr. Next rebuttal. I'll go on all night...and tomorrow.

The question DENative is presenting is one of athlete safety. Not controlling fans who let's say in this brave new Trump world don't have to be politically correct and can have their opinion and voice it. The fact of the matter the refs are getting paid albeit not much the other stuff comes with the territory. Don't like it don't put on the stripes. In this brave new world people are going call you on your blatant inefficiencies especially if it happens all too often at the expense of kids playing a game. I agree with you DE, the kids did deserve better. Questionable calls are one thing but outright missing things that happen right in front of you is cause for concern. And if you are going criticize the kids for having a bad game then criticize the refs for making bad calls.

lol no one is attacking you we are just saying chill and enjoy the moment... HS refs are what they are they always will be,, they will never be up your standards,, not gonna happen.. Hey here is an idea,, Your kid is going off to college and you have some time.. Grab a whistle and show em how it should be done step up and be a problem solver Sir I will if you will and I mean that

Glad you went there...waiting for that. Between coaching and my job, that's not an option. I do know guys that have and have gotten two(2) games in an entire season. It didn't even pay for their gear. You better know someone if you get into that business.

rr...I'll share more stories if you contact me offline. I'm not bashing officiating, just expected better today...to reiterate once again.

In HS you cant just roll out of the pocket and throw it away.. It has to be an attempted pass toward an eligible receiver.. Talking about the NFL outside the pocket rule

Thanks RR- I just didn't have time to respond- same applies to a lot of youth leagues.....crazy!

I am sincerely disappointed in you rr, would've at least thought you would tell it like it is.

If we had lost and cried, you guys would have a field day. We win and I say the refs were not championship caliber and I get all these rebuttals? I should be saying wtf. My expectations must be a lil higher I guess

And I don't lose rr. Next rebuttal. I'll go on all night...and tomorrow.
I am telling like it is.. I didn't see any issue with the refs.. yeah there were a lot of penalties but the players were committing them... The non late hit on your boy was a good no call and the PI .. was PI per HS rules the rest were alignment and offside stuff easy calls.. I dont even remember this extra down stuff... I remember them calling a PF on 3rd and long and had a conference an eventually made it 4th down.. but is was a dead ball foul and carries a loss of down

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelersGold
It's not the result...it's the process to get there. You think these refs performed at a championship caliber?

For as critical as everyone is one here about the student athletes, how about holding the refs accountable. And I'd like to reiteerate that they weren't awful, just not championship caliber. And there were plenty on neutral fans around me who complained also.

I could not agree more

Glad you went there...waiting for that. Between coaching and my job, that's not an option. I do know guys that have and have gotten two(2) games in an entire season. It didn't even pay for their gear. You better know someone if you get into that business.

rr...I'll share more stories if you contact me offline. I'm not bashing officiating, just expected better today...to reiterate once again.
its cool bro.. congrats on the ship and wish your boy well as he journeys on..hold the phone there is still baseball season.. I dont follow it much anymore but CA v Smyrna could be fun match up and we can shake hands then

I am telling like it is.. I didn't see any issue with the refs.. yeah there were a lot of penalties but the players were committing them... The non late hit on your boy was a good no call and the PI .. twas PI per HS ruleshe rest were alignment and offside stuff easy calls.. I dont even remember this extra down stuff... I remember them calling a PF on 3rd and long and had a conference an eventually made it 4th down.. but is was a dead ball foul and carries a loss of down

One late hit was on our sidelines near the 30 and the other was on MT's sidelines near their 15.

I can send you the film on it if you'd like.

How do you feel about criticizing players? That happens a lot on here by some and I don't recall you being so defensive.

The refs are big boys and they get paid and this was the biggest game of the year. Fact of the matter is they were just kinda shitty at best, at worst they were pathetically incompetant. I would say they were more towards the latter for forgetting what down it was alone. The PI, missed interception and 20 other penalties were just added fuel to the fire

I've never criticized a player on here and I've had issues with others who have .

Refs get paid? Yeah they do . It's not much I'm sure

Grab a whistle. Let's see what you've got .

Reactions: runningman12001
I've never criticized a player on here and I've had issues with others who have .

Refs get paid? Yeah they do . It's not much I'm sure

Grab a whistle. Let's see what you've got .
I tried to umpire baseball once.. I didnt have the skin for it... made it the season but many times i wanted to punch out a coach or parent lol... it was too much for 40 bucks... no fun

1. "What would RR do?"
He said he didn't see it. Just wanted to know if he wanted me to show it to him.

2. "make a change"
Change what? You don't see anything wrong.

What exactly would RR do with the film

Send it to DIAA or the Referees

Geez
tell him he is right which is what he wants to hear.... DeNative your right .. refs screwed you guys and you won anyway...best team ever beat MT and the refs awesome job boys

Dude officiating in DE sucks at all levels of football

You're a comedian now rr. You have higher expectations from our local sports reporter than from the refs. That's troublesome.

In my job, when you're sub par, you hear about it...on some occasions, you even get reprimanded and suspended w/out pay. It does not mean that it was intentional but do your job or pay the price...there are consequences and accountability.

Why don't you do something about it? Like run your mouth like you do about student athletes transferring. Lol

You're a comedian now rr. You have higher expectations from our local sports reporter than from the refs. That's troublesome.

In my job, when you're sub par, you hear about it...on some occasions, you even get reprimanded and suspended w/out pay. It does not mean that it was intentional but do your job or pay the price...there are consequences and accountability.

Why don't you do something about it? Like run your mouth like you do about student athletes transferring. Lol

Dude I have the utmost respect for what you do and thank you for the service you provide.. I also love watching your kid play regardless if I get critical at times If we met and pounded a couple I am sure we would get along.. I hold my sons to the same standard you mentioned,,,, lilrooster and lil DeNative would get along swimmingly
This is just us jostling on here,,, You have to separate real life from this forum soap opera nonsense,, Its just entertainment... I like you DeNative, I love watching your son play

Last edited:
Nothing personal to you or your son...however, that came into play.

But, don't spin this...I'm not the rah rah type when it comes to my profession.

And I don't get very personal about many things.

These kids deserved better today.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Nothing personal to you or your son...however, that came into play.

But, don't spin this...I'm not the rah rah type when it comes to my profession.

And I don't get very personal about many things.

These kids deserved better today.
ok.. from an unbiased point of view I didnt see any real issue with the refs today we will just have to agree to disagree on that

Go recruit some refs. Find some younger guys who want to do the job .

Otherwise STFU and enjoy your championship

I'll STFU when I choose to.

Read my previous posts and you'd know that I have recruited a friend for officiating.

Why don't you give officiating another go?

Curious why you mentioned finding younger guys?

Last edited:
I just don't think you're picking the best time to voice this . Kinda makes you look like a jerk. Your kid and his team just won back to back championships . That's a Hell of an accomplishment.

Is the officiating great? No.

I'm not a ref. I've coached and I've played but giving it another go ain't happening . It's not for me.

I say younger because it seems like a good majority of officials are on the older side. But no young people want the job. It's a hassle. The money sucks . The abuse is out of control and it's just a plain shitty job. I can't think of one reason why anyone would want to do it right now . Hell the team that wins the championship is complaining . That's a no win situation.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
A losing team complaining doesn't hold weight b/c they lost...simple as that. Outside the box, it looks like they're making excuses.

A winning team's parent saying that the refs today were not championship caliber is not bashing all officiating...a select few are saying that. This forum is bizarro world sometimes.

And if I'm a jerk b/c I'm not backing down, then sobeit. I'm sure I've been called a lot worse by a lot more important people.

And if you have the experience, in all the facets that you've proclaimed, then you know what I mean more than you're letting on.

I tried officiating. It sucked. I'll be honest I wasn't good. But the damn parents and coaches were unbearable. Couldn't pay me enough to deal with that crap.

That was you?

soccer-moms.jpg

When I coached I had concerns and ideas as far as officiating. I won't post them on a message board and I don't think the timing is appropriate. At the time of my concerns I was told to back off due to possible backlash against my team and due to the shortage of referees I should just keep my ideas to myself .

If you feel like your sons safety was at risk due to poor officiating then I'm with you. I just don't like the timing.

Congratulations To All Smyrna Eagles. A Job Well Done!

I am VERY disappointed wIth the MT D Line play. I just think they were over pursuing and needed to utilize(and coached up all week)the Lag Technique.

Last time I felt like this Coach Larry and Vince K did this to us out in Alliance Ohio with Cecil Shorts.
(Our D KO'd the QB)

I was going to comment on the OL. As a fan I knew what they were from day one.

Did I miss something - Why didn't MT fill/blitz gaps?

Funny thing for a HC winning Back2Back, one year your loved for how you win then another year your hated for how you win. (Please invest in a kicker).

I'll STFU when I choose to.

Read my previous posts and you'd know that I have recruited a friend for officiating.

Why don't you give officiating another go?

Curious why you mentioned finding younger guys?

When I coached I had concerns and ideas as far as officiating. I won't post them on a message board and I don't think the timing is appropriate. At the time of my concerns I was told to back off due to possible backlash against my team and due to the shortage of referees I should just keep my ideas to myself .

If you feel like your sons safety was at risk due to poor officiating then I'm with you. I just don't like the timing.

I understand what you're saying but when would be a good time? In a week? A month? I don't plan on being on here then(hold the applause).

All my rants are more about this forum and people who read posts and interpret it how they choose...not about officiating. Find one statement on all these stupid posts where I said the refs sucked. Others have said that...not me. I've said(about 6x now) that I don't believe they were championship caliber, that players' safety is a concern, and that the kids deserved better. I'm not out egging the officials' residences. I agree that it's a thankless job...but there should be accountability especially for those of authority.

Trust me, it's not taking from the chip on this end. When you coached, did you only coach your kids up after a loss, or did you also look to improve when you won? I don't have an answer on officiating but will see what I can do to at least help the situation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT