ADVERTISEMENT

AI/DMA game

People will view you based on how you carry yourself.. If you act like your from the hood that is how people will view you. It doesn't matter if you are white or black or from East Baltimore or Bel Air...I grew up on welfare and in section 8 housing only no one would guess it because I don't carry myself that way and I didn't get it from home I got it from playing sports and my coaches through the years..

Agreed with some of what you say if your arguement was balanced but u same to always argue the negative. These kids are not associated with none of the events you mentioned. You live in a black & white world, what about gray. If u raised with a full refrigerator & in a crime free environment surrounded by positive people it's easy to say what u say. I see people like u who want to hold others to the maximum standard of the rules but quick to make all excuses for the kids in your community. You enjoy seeing black kids fail. Reading about crime in the inner city. Preaching values from a comfy existence. That's the tragedy. The tragedy is we as adults don't same to see this as systemic failure that this was allowed to escalate.

Junkie, to say that poster 'enjoys to see black kids fail' is in very poor taste!!! Honestly I tthought you were better than that. The statement is very polarizing at the least. You may have a different perspective and believe that gives you the vision to understand people but it does not. I'm sure you can guess my color and I can say that I dont know a single soul who wants to see any of 'our' youth fail...
The old saying that a rising tide floats all boats applies. If we let any of our youth fail, we all fail.

People will view you based on how you carry yourself.. If you act like your from the hood that is how people will view you. It doesn't matter if you are white or black or from East Baltimore or Bel Air...I grew up on welfare and in section 8 housing only no one would guess it because I don't carry myself that way and I didn't get it from home I got it from playing sports and my coaches through the years..
Agreed, this is what I'm getting at, someone taught u & I how to conduct ourselves. Accountability starts with adults, this is the tragedy I'm referring to. So I look at this entire situation as parental & systemic failures by adults. What I disagree with is linking these actions at an extreme level with things like murder in Wilmington etc on this site.

Last edited:
Junkie, to say that poster 'enjoys to see black kids fail' is in very poor taste!!! Honestly I tthought you were better than that. The statement is very polarizing at the least. You may have a different perspective and believe that gives you the vision to understand people but it does not. I'm sure you can guess my color and I can say that I dont know a single soul who wants to see any of 'our' youth fail...
The old saying that a rising tide floats all boats applies. If we let any of our youth fail, we all fail.
Its not just that poster him referring to kids as hood hero's assumes that all black basketball players are from the hood and if they fail they will go back to become HOOD HEROS, that's wrong. I argued that most black kids even the ones who fail are from suburban middle class families with working parents. I'm not black, but I also recognize in a trump world people feel comfortable pushing negative stereotypes right in our face. They say u play the race card to silence u from bringing up race but what's the motive to go to such extreme stereotypes. I coached a lot of kids and I just think that's wrong.

If you have read anything I have posted ever, you should realize I believe the best way to college is through books first, athletics second. I believe their are too many "old heads", as we are called, pushing scholarship as the way up and possibly out. The next great may be here somewhere, but there are quite a few next real goods all around us. Develop them.
I have been around and involved in many club/travel organizations. I work with struggling kids of all colors and my experience has taught me that clear expectations and consequences creates the most success. Living in the "grey" is where many kids live already. Through athletics, you and I have the opportunity to provide structure that already does not exist for some.
The "hood hero" term I refer to is the tragedy. Have you seen the 30/30 about NC State and the championship title they won? Sitting around a table at a restaurant re-living the past. We all do it. My hope is that they achieve much more than high school applause. Don't you?

You cant resist taking a shot at Trump either....lol
FoulShots I can tell your motives are good just by the way u write. I can also see the motives of many even in disagreement. I just want kids to be successful & look at adult responsibility first. Kids do what u let them get away with, but even when they make mistakes its still our responsibility to discipline and correct not role them under a bus.

Reactions: FoulShots
My dad worked three jobs. I'm white and had my house broken into as a kid. It was a white junkie. The majority of white people take absolutely no joy seeing a black kid fail. That's a fact. People that make that statement are not in my circle which includes every background. Now we have a different race to blame things on? Gray? Well done

My dad worked three jobs. I'm white and had my house broken into as a kid. It was a white junkie. The majority of white people take absolutely no joy seeing a black kid fail. That's a fact. People that make that statement are not in my circle which includes every background. Now we have a different race to blame things on? Gray? Well done
Lol

Reactions: spartakos
White people, I'm white, I'm talking about an individual, base on that individuals comments. All I'm saying is how does a high school basketball game incident get turned into homicides in Wilmington, Hood Hero's, failings of unrelated matters etc.

it-was-meim-responsible-for-donald-trump-getting-elected-not-12629481.png

Reactions: Jawnsky
It's not about a basketball game. That's the problem. It's about a so called brawl that now is being blamed on a racial slur.
I'm not buying the racial slur, they got that ass beat and were angry, some individuals that should have been cut from the team took it to another level. This should have been stopped by adults before it escalated.

Problem with that is you lose the concept of TEAM. Times are changing where TEAM doesn't mean what it used to..If one teammate messes up the whole TEAM pays.. no different than a Platoon.. The leaders are there to keep the TEAM in line.. My son learned this lesson in football.. If teammates messed up in school the whole team ran extra after practice.. Its how its supposed to work.. I guess that concept is losing ground today with sports becoming all about me and so individualised
Dont agree with that.... Certain situations ... Example.. Years ago in NBA.. Pacers players went in stands and fight fans... Thé whole team didnt get punished .. Only players went in stands..

I'm not buying the racial slur, they got that ass beat and were angry, some individuals that should have been cut from the team took it to another level. This should have been stopped by adults before it escalated.
It was stopped by adults before it escalated.

My point exactly. They weren't going anywhere
I was just thinking... Garnett from Smryna mushed a player in face shaking hands in line from Sanford and try to run in the stands and fight fans from Sanford and police had to come.. But he gets 1 quarter.... But Smyrna team nothing.. 2 or 3 players from AI try to fight and police called.. Team season over.. Everybody says its a team sport ... Wat happen to Smryna..???????

Reactions: COACH"D"
My guess is that Smyrna doesn't typically have bad behaviors after games. AI and everything has happened before the DMA game doesn't give them the best background for anything. I agree though Smyrna should of done more. They left it up to Mears and all he does is one quarter pretty sad.

Reactions: COACH"D"
My guess is that Smyrna doesn't typically have bad behaviors after games. AI and everything has happened before the DMA game doesn't give them the best background for anything. I agree though Smyrna should of done more. They left it up to Mears and all he does is one quarter pretty sad.
Right is right.. Wrong is wrong.. Should of brought this up earlier.... Maybe AI could have use this as example... May have helped them.... Smh

The Champ Mosely thread is on page 17 and counting. This thread is in its infancy stage.

Reactions: 8yaz
Every situation is different. So Smyrna situation is looked at differently than AI team. I still want to know the legal issues that will come and the result that Jae Street claimed. Money??? Jobs??? I'm very curious or were they just threats that should be counter sued for loss of sleep from principal as stated in news journal.

This entire situation falls to the AI Coach, my reason for saying this is kids do what they believe they can get away with. The moment you start compromising your values to have certain kids on a team to win games regardless of attitude is when u lose control. Respect for adult authority starts day one. If u Let kids walk into your training session or practice & say or do anything unchecked from day one, they will never respect you in these critical moments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT