ADVERTISEMENT

AI/DMA game

Stilll looking for someone to blame. If parents raised the kids right a coach wouldnt have to deal with this nonsense these so called kids are not kids they are young adults and they know how they are supposed to act. They have heard it all their life. They chose to act up. Its on them

Stop making excuses for Them. High School kids are not babies. They know what is expected and chose to be bad. Bad choices have consequences. Its life

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Stilll looking for someone to blame. If parents raised the kids right a coach wouldnt have to deal with this nonsense these so called kids are not kids they are young adults and they know how they are supposed to act. They have heard it all their life. They chose to act up. Its on them

Stop making excuses for Them. High School kids are not babies. They know what is expected and chose to be bad. Bad choices have consequences. Its life
That's the problem raven rooster, u just explained what's wrong with Delaware, grown men like u refuse to hold adults & institutions to any standard. We blame kids when we are suppose to set the standard of what's acceptable behavior, then when kids act like butt holes we say they are terrible. So if they were terrible from day one why did he allow them on the team. It's like the grades thing, u cannot play for the junkie with C's. I sit your ass down, u either go to tutoring or sit the bench, then I'm going to schedule tutoring. U don't show up and work hard u don't play. U have a bad attitude u don't get to be on a team period. That's adult responsibility. I don't take shit from kids, I don't care what your parents do at home. That's the difference between people who run programs as I have & people who run teams like this guy. I have seen kids in programs in some of the worse neighborhoods country get told to sit the F down & shut your mouth by a coach & they listen. If i allow a kid on my team & a kid acts up on my team or fail, I will step up as a man & take full responsibility.

That's the problem raven rooster, u just explained what's wrong with Delaware, grown men like u refuse to hold adults & institutions to any standard. We blame kids when we are suppose to set the standard of what's acceptable behavior, then when kids act like butt holes we say they are terrible. So if they were terrible from day one why did he allow them on the team. It's like the grades thing, u cannot play for the junkie with C's. I sit your ass down, u either go to tutoring or sit the bench, then I'm going to schedule tutoring. U don't show up and work hard u don't play. U have a bad attitude u don't get to be on a team period. That's adult responsibility. I don't take shit from kids, I don't care what your parents do at home. That's the difference between people who run programs as I have & people who run teams like this guy. I have seen kids in programs in some of the worse neighborhoods country get told to sit the F down & shut your mouth by a coach & they listen. If i allow a kid on my team & a kid acts up on my team or fail, I will step up as a man & take full responsibility.

How is that like men like me? I never did any of those things... My kids have always been accountable for their decisions.. Quite frankly neither of them have been in trouble or have made bad decisions.. Maybe I am lucky or maybe the Mrs and I have instilled good values but I can insure you the Mrs and I are not the problem

How is that like men like me? I never did any of those things... My kids have always been accountable for their decisions.. Quite frankly neither of them have been in trouble or have made bad decisions.. Maybe I am lucky or maybe the Mrs and I have instilled good values but I can insure you the Mrs and I are not the problem
I agree, I feel the same way about my kids, but my kids extend to the kids I coached. I have guys tell me kid showed up at practice & cursed at them, or they're rude, disrespectful. Then I see the same kid still playing, so what did u do. If u didn't check this 3 months ago u have already lost control by not setting standards. It takes a village. I see more weak adults than bad kids, weak parents, lazy institutions that pander to kids. Just because kid has a little talent they accept b.s. so that's the problem. Kid then displays no respect for authority, disrespectful kids shouldn't get to play period until they conform to standards.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I agree, I feel the same way about my kids, but my kids extend to the kids I coached. I have guys tell me kid showed up at practice & cursed at them, or they're rude, disrespectful. Then I see the same kid still playing, so what did u do. If u didn't check this 3 months ago u have already lost control by not setting standards. It takes a village. I see more weak adults than bad kids, weak parents, lazy institutions that pander to kids. Just because kid has a little talent they accept b.s. so that's the problem. Kid then displays no respect for authority, disrespectful kids shouldn't get to play period until they conform to standards.

I concur when I coached at Middle River (Baltimore County) I dealt with all that.. Every kid was ADHD which was BS but I had to deal with it.. But as a coach you have them for two hours hours a day.. You can't correct the issues.. You can only give them the speach on grades and and acting right.. They will do what they do regardless,, It does come down to parenting and them... I have seen many kids who have good parents and they are just bad and are going to be bad no matter what any adult tells or tries to teach them

Last edited:
This whole thread Is actually a very good conversation... It hasn't turned political or racial (well maybe a little) but it is civil and thought provoking... IMO its a very good thread that offers understanding on both sides and that leads to positive chamge

Man going way off base now...Smh... The streets way different than a little push and shove on a basketball court.. Streets 100 times worser that back in the day.... Smh..
Hoopsdownstate, I'm scratching my head wondering what kids on AI BBall team who come from all spectrums have to do murders in Wilmington. As a white guy the only correlation I can see is race. Many of these kids don't live in the City or even if they did are not thugs. So basically any negative behavior by black kids no matter the level, arena or their background it is linked to the actions of harden criminals. When the white kid at Duke Grayson Allen misbehaved I didn't see him being linked to murders in chicago or any inner city.

Hoopsdownstate, I'm scratching my head wondering what kids on AI BBall team who come from all spectrums have to do murders in Wilmington. As a white guy the only correlation I can see is race. Many of these kids don't live in the City or even if they did are not thugs. So basically any negative behavior by black kids no matter the level, arena or their background it is linked to the actions of harden criminals. When the white kid at Duke Grayson Allen misbehaved I didn't see him being linked to murders in chicago or any inner city.

Its how they act not where they are from.. Perception is just that

Was not that long ago this type of behavior lead to the beating death of a young lady at Howard.[/QU
This whole thread Is actually a very good conversation... It hasn't turned political or racial (well maybe a little) but it is civil and thought provoking... IMO its a very good thread that offers understanding on both sides and that leads to positive chamge
Man aint trying hear that... When you talking about kids getting killed.. Have no problem with talking about AI basketball.. But using AI behavor to somebody getting killed.. Is totally diarespectful...smh

Wa
Man wat is u talking about..

sometimes a conversation transcends the original topic. no one is correlating AI basketball to kids getting gunned down in the street... They are using attitudes and the way people act and think as a metaphor and a microcosm to link the two especially when folks use the kids play basketball as a way to escape the streets ... Which had occurred in this thead

Reactions: soccer07
Being labeled isn't such a big deal.. speaking your mind and having your say is much more important. Damn the haters
Agreed. Thing is we have a culture of violence that has seeped into every facet of life from the Target parking lot to the high school basketball bleachers. I'm not sure how some people can't make the connection and see that rationalizing bad behavior only contributes to the slide. State Troopers don't work Volleyball or Field Hockey games. Just sayin..

Agreed. Thing is we have a culture of violence that has seeped into every facet of life from the Target parking lot to the high school basketball bleachers. I'm not sure how some people can't make the connection and see that rationalizing bad behavior only contributes to the slide. State Troopers don't work Volleyball or Field Hockey games. Just sayin..
Spot on soccer

Reactions: ravensrooster2

Spot on soccer

Because some people view it as racial profiling and not a precaution of potential violence based on previous history

First you say parents are to blame then you say they are high school kids,they know what is expected...sounds like you are just trying to win an argument. Every situation is different and my family is living proof.

Totally agree! Jay Street and Derrick Johnson are media leaches. Again, they only represent a VERY small portion of Wilmington. As a city resident I'm become concerned when they are involved. They are more of a problem to the city then anything. Just realize it Wilmingtonians

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT