ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Saturday scores

Knight is an exceptional HS football player.. With a ton of heart.. I consider him a throwback.. but DE HS football or maybe Rhode Island or Maine are the only states he could win it himself like he did.. Thats not a knock on him at all but reality.. If a kid did what he did in lets say Florida, Maryland, PA, Ohio he would be the top ranked and most recruited kid in the country

RR.... I would like to change that to I would like to have seen Knight in a place like Florida, MD, PA. ON a good quality team I still think he preforms and would be recruited high than he currently is. Probably not state record preform but probably power 5 recruitment

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Personally, I would like to know why Knight isn't recruited by more. I think we can all agree how great he is, but what is he lacking (if anything at all) that doesn't put him up there with the talks of an Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State and so on.

I think he could thrive no matter what college he goes too, whether that's Salisbury or Alabama.

I'm not trying to dirty up his name. I've stated all year my feelings on his play. It's no secret. I don't think he's a QB. He's an athlete pretending to be one. He's got great athleticism, there's no denying that and I'm sure he's a great kid.

But you're right. He has a championship under his belt now. Maybe that will change some people's views on him.

HS Wilson as the skills to play QB. Not sure if it’s the scheme. What he his being taught or his learning but you can’t expect a kid to come in a be Hendersen like in 1 year when Hendersen himself had 3-4

Reactions: 84rider
Butch Simpson had plenty of talent. They never had to rebuild just relosded. Players just kept coming. Smyrna will do the same. They have some young talent coming up and MS coach does a fantastic job.

I can visualize Knight as I saw Brian Westbrook at Villanova. It was a great spot for Westbrook. He made a few bucks in the NFL and I think Knight compares favorably with him.
Maybe it's just because I want to see him play some more so I want him to be a Hen.... Bowling Green?
raven...was Westbrook one of your Dematha boys? Did you see him play in HS?

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Mike Meade ring any bells? Frank Cephas? Gene Lake? Henry White?

Chris Godwin? Jaimie Duncan? Duran Harmon?

Better know your history before saying he is best EVER.
Ron Waller (born February 14, 1933) was a National Football League running back for the Los Angeles Rams from 1955 through 1958 and for the American Football League's Los Angeles Chargers in 1960. He was the head coach of the NFL's San Diego Chargers for the final six games of the 1973 season, and held the same position with the Philadelphia Bell of the World Football League in 1974.

Prior to his professional career, Waller played for Laurel High School and the University of Maryland. He was inducted into the Delaware Sports Museum and Hall of Fame in 1977.

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
I'm obviously partial to Coach Marks who is an offensive genius...a maniac who never stops coaching and asking more from his players. But I've followed along on here and read post after post bashing the Smyrna D for the past three years. Let's review their body of work..in '15, they gave up 76 points to a Sals team only to hold em to 26 in the chip. In '16 they held an extremely talented MT team to 14 points when all we heard about was MT's D. And this year they give up 35 to MT in game #1 to hold them in check today. MT recovered a fumble on our 31 in the 1st half and came up with 0 points. That was a huge defensive stand for us. One of their TD's was a fumble recovery...another in the last 2m in soft coverage to tally 27 points.
I'm not saying they're an elite D but their game planning, adjustments, and "bend don't break" mentality is a large reason why we're 3x state champs. They have showed up in all three chips. Congrats to Coach Judy, Coach Wagner, Coach Barnes and all the coaches for the job you've done. Congrats to our Eagles for their third straight!

I'm not trying to dirty up his name. I've stated all year my feelings on his play. It's no secret. I don't think he's a QB. He's an athlete pretending to be one. He's got great athleticism, there's no denying that and I'm sure he's a great kid.

But you're right. He has a championship under his belt now. Maybe that will change some people's views on him.

@HSftballlaxFan, I understand your intent and enjoy your input but saying they could of been undefeated if they left the kid on the bench was not cool...these kids don’t need to hear about or read about us adults demeaning them. Remember the high school years are all about socialization and trying to fit in. Like I said, I love reading your posts that one just struck me wrong, sorry if you felt like I was calling you out, you still my mans haha

Personally, I would like to know why Knight isn't recruited by more. I think we can all agree how great he is, but what is he lacking (if anything at all) that doesn't put him up there with the talks of an Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State and so on.

I think he could thrive no matter what college he goes too, whether that's Salisbury or Alabama.

HS that’s easy. Size is the first thing. Speed is second. With his size many coaches believe he should be faster.

I can visualize Knight as I saw Brian Westbrook at Villanova. It was a great spot for Westbrook. He made a few bucks in the NFL and I think Knight compares favorably with him.
Maybe it's just because I want to see him play some more so I want him to be a Hen.... Bowling Green?
raven...was Westbrook one of your Dematha boys? Did you see him play in HS?

yes I did .. Knight is good but not Westbrook like.. not yet anyway... as the one poster asked what does Knight lack that the big NCAA team dont see is. Top end speed and size.. smaller backs have 4.3 speed and super twitch muscle movement.... Knight has a ton of heart and is a hell of a HS player but doesn't posses those measurable's. Do I think Knight could do what Smallwood did at WVU.. Yes I do.. Knight just doesn't have the connections to get there

Milford is committed to throwing down the field son and it’s refreshing. Will make a good game as long as their D continues to play sound.

Folks give it up. Right now he is the best, let it be, 5 years now there will be someone else Try getting dinner, and maybe a drink. And look for next year. Have a good night, till next eason

84....I hear you loud and clear. And maybe what I said is a bit too much and uncalled for. so for the sake of it. I will apologize to him and his family. He's a great athlete. And no worries. You're still cool in my book.

VOICE....I know he's a bit on the small side but look at Darren Sproles, or Warwick Dunn, I didn't think Westbrook was all that big either. And to be honest, I have yet to see some catch him once he's off to the races, so I would think speed isn't a problem.

Reactions: 84rider
84....I hear you loud and clear. And maybe what I said is a bit too much and uncalled for. so for the sake of it. I will apologize to him and his family. He's a great athlete. And no worries. You're still cool in my book.

VOICE....I know he's a bit on the small side but look at Darren Sproles, or Warwick Dunn, I didn't think Westbrook was all that big either. And to be honest, I have yet to see some catch him once he's off to the races, so I would think speed isn't a problem.

Nice post HS but NCAA FBS speed and NFL speed is a far cry from DHSFB speed.. hell FHSFB is a far cry from DHSFB speed

Nice talk GI. I am sure someone must of have told you you have a problem. Now you don't comment on mind, and I won't point out you might have a problem. As far as my cookies, which are almost finished, at least I am doing something other that having my face stuck on here, take your wife out for a change, I am sure she would like that. Have a nice night. Cookies are finished, great

Reactions: spartakos
Nice talk GI. I am sure someone must of have told you you have a problem. Now you don't comment on mind, and I won't point out you might have a problem. As far as my cookies, which are almost finished, at least I am doing something other that having my face stuck on here, take your wife out for a change, I am sure she would like that. Have a nice night. Cookies are finished, great

practice English much? Don't worry your pretty little head. Mrs Rooster is more than satisfied and Mr Rooster takes her wherever she wants to go...Mrs Roosters cookies will smoke yours wanna bet?

Knight is awesome
At least 6 players better than him in Delaware high school history
Winning from now on will show how great Judy is without the stud
Butch did it,can’t wait to see this play out

who is the real MLV?

woman-cooking-in-kitchen-happy.jpg

OR

lazymamapasta.JPG

HS...Knight has good speed and unlike what RR said about FBS and NFL being so much different one thing that will never change with college recruitment and NFL draft is the love affair with measurables. Very few of the fastest guys excel and very few of the biggest size transition but the lore is the few that do. Most players fall in between and it take a special showing by the player or open mindedness from the coach to grab the 5-9 210 player over the 6-0 210 player. Especially from Delaware.

Perfect example I’m a big Florida State fan. Khalan Labron is 5-10 195 lbs UA all American and the number 2 or 3 back at FSU. His fasted 40 time was 4.53 but because he was in Virginia on a nationally ranked team his talent was noticed and will outweigh a kids talent from DE. PERIOD POINT BLANK. He is just as fast and a little smaller than than Knight but a non power 5 was never an option thanks to his location.

A kid like Quadree Henderson would be at Miami, Ohio State, Oregon if he is in the right conference in MD or PA

To be honest this is like watching two JV teams in comparison to the Smyrna MT game ..Hate to give pickle any ammo but it is what it is

Reactions: spartakos
Delmar just needs to keep running and do what they do best. Eventually they will break a big run. Milford’s defense is all within 5 yards of the ball. Just bust through and they will be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT