ADVERTISEMENT

ECA QB Alex Barker To Caravel

Please stop with the kids weren't recruited there... It is what it is
Recruited how? WHat is it you think a D2 team in DE would be able to offer kid at ECA who was chasing National attention? First off their school is closed.. second they were searching around for a school . by recruiting you mean a coach telling a kid that has inquired .."hey we would love have you here its a great school" then ok yeah.. Did Smyrna, ST E , Penn, Glasgow and any other school that got an ECA player recruit them? your the one that needs to stop with the recruiting BS.. The CA coaches didn't even know who the ECA kids were.. Why would they?

Hahaha... Ok big guy... Some people on here are not that far out of the loop as you assume. Not to mention some of us on here have had kids and know kids that also have gotten recruited by that staff... But again It is what it is... It happens.. All i'm saying is stop pretending it doesnt.. And more specifically doesn't happen there.... I know your a caravel guy but don't be that nieve

Please stop with the kids weren't recruited there... It is what it is
Please stop with the kids WERE recruited there. Stop the hate, it serves no purpose. Unless you can provide non-anecdotal proof of illegal recruiting, it demeans the work that ALL of the kids will put in. Do you have such proof, or just b.s. opinions?

Post proof to really get people in trouble etc???Come on man that's not what this is about... Love your school spirit though

Post proof to really get people in trouble etc???Come on man that's not what this is about... Love you're not school spirit though
What do you care? You pop in making the same tired accusations but say "nah" when pressed for proof. So, my choices are take you at your word, or go by what I know from having been at the school for 13 years and have kids involved in football for 8 years. Jeez, what to do...

By the way, the word us naive. Not sure what nieve is.

Thanks, Eagle. While I appreciate your expression of admiration, I can't really go into the details of my mathematical model. It is in a critical stage of development and I wouldn't want it stolen by a Sports Book from Vegas. The cat would be out of the bag and II would lose any opportunity to monetize my hard work and efforts for the past few years.

It is interesting that you bring up the Quakers. Did you mean the Tower Hill Hillers? They are in the city limits of Wilmington like Salesianum, Howard, St. Elizabeth's and The Wilmington Charter School. (These are the teams that compete for the prestigious City of Wilmington Football title. ) The Hillers ran the Single Wing. Think about this: when is the last time that the Slowskys stopped the Single Wing Offense? Based on that question alone it might skew some of the internal formulae that drive Bummy's model.

Well, I have to get back to running data.
I will have to check and see if Alapocas is in the City limits, I was of course referring to Friends School, just up the hill from the S. All kidding aside they had a special season and a great semi with Howard.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Please stop with the kids WERE recruited there. Stop the hate, it serves no purpose. Unless you can provide non-anecdotal proof of illegal recruiting, it demeans the work that ALL of the kids will put in. Do you have such proof, or just b.s. opinions?
I am not pretending recruiting doesn't happen .. it happens everywhere(depending on your definition of recruiting),, nor do I know what has happened in the past,, I am just saying in this case the ECA kids were not recruited in any way..They searched their options a chose the best one for them.. None of them were promised anything

Last edited:
I am not pretending recruiting doesn't happen .. it happens everywhere(depending on your definition of recruiting),, nor do I know what has happened in the past,, I am just saying in this case the ECA kids were not recruited in any way..They searched their options a chose the best one for them.. None of them were promised anything
In a previous post I touched on this. It depends on how "recruiting" is defined. Thanks RR.

I will have to check and see if Alapocas is in the City limits, I was of course referring to Friends School, just up the hill from the S. All kidding aside they had a special season and a great semi with Howard.
Yes, it is outside the city limits. Friends has one of the all time great Coaches .... Bob Tattersall has won more games than any other DE HS FB coach...

Coach: " I really like your kid our school is a great school we would love to have him" which is what he tells everyone that inquires

Parent: talking to his/her friends "X school is recruiting my kid hard they really want him"

Parent: Has to apply for for financial aide but to avoid that embarrassment when asked by friends how they can afford the tuition they say " they really wanted my kid to play for them he got an athletic scholarship"

and that is how these recruiting rumors start

Last edited:
What do you care? You pop in making the same tired accusations but say "nah" when pressed for proof. So, my choices are take you at your word, or go by what I know from having been at the school for 13 years and have kids involved in football for 8 years. Jeez, what to do...

By the way, the word us naive. Not sure what nieve is.
Pretty sure this a message board that anyone can comment on correct?? And Lol.. Thanks for the grammar check... Guess driving and commenting on a message board isn't a good idea. Sorry genius... Guess my education is in question as well due to me stating facts about your beloved school and program. I have no problems with the school by the way... But again it is what it is my friend. Sorry if it upsets you that there is a lot more to the way "difference maker kids" are recruited to be there. Not just speaking out my @ss with this fellas... It is what it is... The kids that are just interested in playing there but are not immediate impact kids and the kids who are difference maker kids go through a whole different process fellas... Sorry to bust your bubble... all kids have to pass the entry test but trust and believe there are a lot more phone calls, follow ups, emails, text messages and personal tours for the kids that can actually play... Don't get me started on the "help" that is provided to make it affordable.... Maybe this wasn't your scenario... And it's not public knowledge... But again it happens... Not just there either....Sounds like recruiting to me...but hey what do I know I'm just a guy who spelled "naive" wrong on a message board while driving...lol I'm done on the subject though... Congrats to caravel for a great recruiting class and good luck to Argoe.... Hope he lights them up for the way he was treated!

No more comments from me... Enjoy the season fellas

So I guess we have to take the dude's word for it. Another in a long string of accusers with anecdotal "evidence" but no real proof.

Last edited:
Not related... Not even a friend or associate of the kid... Don't need to be to call a spade a spade.. It is what is... The "Pop's" line... Hilarious.. And if I was... It wouldn't sit well with me the way you just said that... But again it is what is... enjoy the season... Pretty sure they all will read this at some point though... Let me be done please lol

How many times can a guy say "it is what it is" to try to explain that "he thinks it is the way he thinks it is?" Just curious. And RR, your son was most def a difference maker.

How many times can a guy say "it is what it is" to try to explain that "he thinks it is the way he thinks it is?" Just curious. And RR, your son was most def a difference maker.
Well then I guess we missed out on the "special privileges" lol Im starting to think CA owes us some money haha

Yes, it is outside the city limits. Friends has one of the all time great Coaches .... Bob Tattersall has won more games than any other DE HS FB coach...
I remember back in a playoff game against Howard at Tower Hill a few years back. Friends had the perfect defense called for a Howard fake punt, Howard still got the first. About 3 clipboards when flying up in the air, Tattersall just shook his head. Friends won the game in the final minute.

RR I just heard from a coaching friend that Caravel is being investigated. Any truth to this? Mostly likely no but thought I'd ask

Reactions: Jawnsky
RR I just heard from a coaching friend that Caravel is being investigated. Any truth to this? Mostly likely no but thought I'd ask
I have no idea. but the DIAA did vote this in last April.. If someone pitched a bitch then they will investigate but it it doesn't mean anything will come of it.. If they did something wrong then they will pay , if not then not

G. Action by the Board to Hire an Investigator The Board discussed the need to investigate schools, athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, or spectators of sports programs at member schools when DIAA or the Board is made aware of potential violations of rules and regulations. Dr. Holodick added that DIAA should hire additional staff to perform such investigations. Mr. Cimaglia made a motion to bring in third party investigators to conduct investigations of alleged violations by member school athletic programs. The motion was seconded by Mr. Laws and carried unanimously

I have no idea. but the DIAA did vote this in last April.. If someone pitched a bitch then they will investigate but it it doesn't mean anything will come of it.. If they did something wrong then they will pay , if not then not

G. Action by the Board to Hire an Investigator The Board discussed the need to investigate schools, athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, or spectators of sports programs at member schools when DIAA or the Board is made aware of potential violations of rules and regulations. Dr. Holodick added that DIAA should hire additional staff to perform such investigations. Mr. Cimaglia made a motion to bring in third party investigators to conduct investigations of alleged violations by member school athletic programs. The motion was seconded by Mr. Laws and carried unanimously
Dr Holodick sounds like a DC comics villain.

Dr Holodick sounds like a DC comics villain.

Its all stupid really .. If a kid is legally enrolled in a school and academically in good standing then they should be able to participate in any after school activity, including sports.

Inspector Holodick?

007CNL_Steve_Buscemi_001.jpg

Reactions: spartakos

Searched their options and this is the best one for them? That's like me googling where to get dinner and ending up eating out of a trash can on the street that stray cats pissed all over.

Please. The ECAravel coaches definitely did some sweet talking to get them there, which depending on your view may or may not be recruiting. Did they do anything illegal? Probably not. But I'm sure they used some type of connection to get one in the door and once they had one they used that to get 2 and 3 and now we are where we are and their name is legally changed to ECAravel. Had these kids picked the best private school for them they would have picked tower hill if academics were important and (throwing up in my mouth right now) Sallies if athletics were important. Not ECAravel

Searched their options and this is the best one for them? That's like me googling where to get dinner and ending up eating out of a trash can on the street that stray cats pissed all over.

Please. The ECAravel coaches definitely did some sweet talking to get them there, which depending on your view may or may not be recruiting. Did they do anything illegal? Probably not. But I'm sure they used some type of connection to get one in the door and once they had one they used that to get 2 and 3 and now we are where we are and their name is legally changed to ECAravel. Had these kids picked the best private school for them they would have picked tower hill if academics were important and (throwing up in my mouth right now) Sallies if athletics were important. Not ECAravel
Why not Red Lion as real Student athletes? They would have taken them back now that the wizard is done with them

Reactions: spartakos
Why not Red Lion as real Student athletes? They would have taken them back now that the wizard is done with them
Red Lion? I dont think any of these kids were talking about were ever at Red Lion... The top prize that is at Smyrna now tried to get into Red Lion and was not accepted,, People can say ECAravel all they want but Smyrna and St Frances got the studs.. The kids Caravel got are decent players but not anything any other school in DE has. Just because a kid went to ECA doesnt mean he was a all star .. they werent that good last year anyway...

This ECA kids stuff is completely overblown..ECA is not what they were in 2012 or 2013.. just regular kids chasing some carrot

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Saying4
Red Lion? I dont think any of these kids were talking about were ever at Red Lion... The top prize that is at Smyrna now tried to get into Red Lion and was not accepted,, People can say ECAravel all they want but Smyrna and St Frances got the studs.. The kids Caravel got are decent players but not anything any other school in DE has. Just because a kid went to ECA doesnt mean he was a all star .. they werent that good last year anyway...

This ECA kids stuff is completely overblown..ECA is not what they were in 2012 or 2013.. just regular kids chasing some carrot
Not the same talent some say were thrown together just to support one mans dream?

Kids gotta play somewhere, don't know about you but I would want to play where I would greatest chance to win and have the best chance at success dahhhhhh, so what's the problem?

Kids gotta play somewhere, don't know about you but I would want to play where I would greatest chance to win and have the best chance at success dahhhhhh, so what's the problem?

Is it ECAravel that gives them the best chance to have success? That's what I was asking, why ECAravel and not like Sallies if we are talking football? And why not tower hill if we are talking academics? That's why this is so fishy because why caravel?

Is it ECAravel that gives them the best chance to have success? That's what I was asking, why ECAravel and not like Sallies if we are talking football? And why not tower hill if we are talking academics? That's why this is so fishy because why caravel?
Both Sallies and TH are in Wilmington. If these families are in the Bear/Newark/Elkton area, CA is a good, close option.

Both Sallies and TH are in Wilmington. If these families are in the Bear/Newark/Elkton area, CA is a good, close option.
and at 10.5 k a year the most affordable private option,, Hell ECA's tuition was 13k lol

Sallies is 14,900
Tower Hill is 26,245

Last edited:
10.5 while not cheap is a bargain considering the campus and education set up and makes sending a second younger child easier
Actually it's $10,125 and the second child is discounted to $7275.. If you happen to apply for and get financial aide.. which is about 20% you can send 2 kids there for 14K... there are other fees though.. tech fee for lap top etc.. ends up being about 10.5 for one 14.5 for two

Actually it's $10,125 and the second child is discounted to $7275.. If you happen to apply for and get financial aide.. which is about 20% you can send 2 kids there for 14K... there are other fees though.. tech fee for lap top etc.. ends up being about 10.5 for one 14.5 for two
And field trip fees and jeans days, etc. I'm going to round it up to 11k

Reactions: ravensrooster2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT