ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores week 2

Howard 42 Laurel 6 Final

giphy.gif

Tech is the bounce back team of the year. They should be 9-1 by the end of the season but more than likely 8-2.
Tech Dover and Central will rep the Henny in the playoffs this year.

TF you talking about? They should have beat Northern and Coolige sucks.. I'll give you top 4 in Henny North and like likely 3 will get in .. They have to beat Dover and Smyrna to get in the show. Smyrna fared well vs a good Glenelg team and went toe to toe vs MT,,, They are seasoned after two games .. It comes down to conference play between Central, Dover, Smyrna and Tech

Last edited:
Reactions: Chill44
Did they get called back because the penalties actually happened or did they just make the penalties up out of thin air?

One looked legit one of the others on the punt Return TD I didn’t see it.

I will saw though Potter from CA is a beast

Is there a penalty on hurdling?

Here is the actual wording of the rule, which is Rule 9, Section 4, Article 3, Subject D in the national rulebook: “An attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of his body except one or both feet is illegal

Its a 15 yd penalty

but you can hurdle a player who is on the ground or who would be down by HS rules such as a knee down etc..

Last edited:
TF you talking about? They should have beat Northern and Coolige sucks.. I'll give you top 4 in Henny North and like likely 3 will get in .. They have to beat Dover and Smyrna to get in the show. Smyrna fared well vs a good Glenelg team and went toe to toe vs MT,,, They are seasoned after two games .. It comes down to conference play between Central, Dover, Smyrna and Tech
Yea I agree, I think games in the north between those 4 schools will be all good games. Northern was tough but Tech should’ve won that game, Coolidge was not good tonight. As of now Central is still the favorite to win the conference to me with Tech, Smyrna nd Dover on their heels. Defense will be key in these matchups.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Yea I agree, I think games in the north between those 4 schools will be all good games. Northern was tough but Tech should’ve won that game, Coolidge was not good tonight. As of now Central is still the favorite to win the conference to me with Tech, Smyrna nd Dover on their heels. Defense will be key in these matchups.

Just got to hope those four don't round robin each other because the BHA is so week at the bottom that Appo or St G could out point them. If Northern can win 7 games that would really help Tech but Glenelg may win 9 .. Its going to be tight on who gets in as a 3rd place in BH and Henny.. Dover has a heads up in playing HVT and Sals who will likely win 9 .. and Smyrna playing MT and Genelg who could both win 9.. Bottom line Techs going to have to win their way in

way I see it

HVT Middletown Sallies in

Last three between Central who has an easy 12 pt jump but will get no bonus from those teams,. Smyrna who played two team that may get 9 wins Dover who can lose to HVT tomorrow but can benefit by playing two 9 win teams, Tech ... but lurking is Appo and St G and can jump in if there are some round robin loses in the Henny north

Last edited:
Here is the actual wording of the rule, which is Rule 9, Section 4, Article 3, Subject D in the national rulebook: “An attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of his body except one or both feet is illegal

Its a 15 yd penalty

but you can hurdle a player who is on the ground or who would be down by HS rules such as a knee down etc..
Well the ****ed up part is 302 sports has a top ten plays of the week and week 1 Smyrna vs Middletown Middletowns RB hurdled someone and it was the 6th top play of the week I was there it was not a penalty so there for refs still pick and choose when to throw flags

Just got to hope those four don't round robin each other because the BHA is so week at the bottom that Appo or St G could out point them. If Northern can win 7 games that would really help Tech but Glenelg may win 9 .. Its going to be tight on who gets in as a 3rd place in BH and Henny
Get off the hype train of St. George’s. They will not amount to anything of serious playoff contention this year. HVT will have the running man against them mid way through the third quarter.

Rock hates him some St G... lol they will lose to HVT and Middletown and Sallies. .. but I can see them winning the rest 3 loses is tough to get in but they get some bonus from those three .. Might not be enough and of course the Appo game is key but if the Henny North teams beat up on each other there is a shot

Well the ****ed up part is 302 sports has a top ten plays of the week and week 1 Smyrna vs Middletown Middletowns RB hurdled someone and it was the 6th top play of the week I was there it was not a penalty so there for refs still pick and choose when to throw flags

They don't pick and choose when to throw flags ..DE has a problem even finding enough guys to ref these games and many don't know all the HS rules that differ from what they see on TV ..is what its is and its not just DE its everywhere'...

Rock hates him some St G... lol they will lose to HVT and Middletown and Sallies. .. but I can see them winning the rest 3 loses is tough to get in but they get some bonus from those three .. Might not be enough and of course the Appo game is key but if the Henny North teams beat up on each other there is a shot
I don’t hate St. George’s. There isn’t any positive progression of the team from last year to this year. I can see them going 6-4. More than likely they will lose to penn and caravel, to decrease their record to 4-6.

Reactions: Chill44
huh they blew out Cape 42-14 week one.. what do you want to see. yeah I know Cape is sorry but damn...

Just got to hope those four don't round robin each other because the BHA is so week at the bottom that Appo or St G could out point them. If Northern can win 7 games that would really help Tech but Glenelg may win 9 .. Its going to be tight on who gets in as a 3rd place in BH and Henny.. Dover has a heads up in playing HVT and Sals who will likely win 9 .. and Smyrna playing MT and Genelg who could both win 9.. Bottom line Techs going to have to win their way in

way I see it

HVT Middletown Sallies in

Last three between Central who has an easy 12 pt jump but will get no bonus from those teams,. Smyrna who played two team that may get 9 wins Dover who can lose to HVT tomorrow but can benefit by playing two 9 win teams, Tech ... but lurking is Appo and St G and can jump in if there are some round robin loses in the Henny north
Yes it will be tight in the north, every win counts!

Just watched the vid.. Smyrna player went to the ground both knees on the ground when hurdled.. Perfectly legal.. kinda close but legal enough I wouldn't call it

Last edited:
Reactions: youjustme
What’s the deal with the hurdles? Why is that a penalty? Isn’t the point of a ball carrier “NOT” to be tackled?

HS trying to hurdle a player who has his feet is extremely dangerous and has been a HS rule for a very long time... Think of it as a more recent rule leading with your helmet

Well if it come down to defense.. Nobody does it better than Central...

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Did they get called back because the penalties actually happened or did they just make the penalties up out of thin air?
When Potter ran back the punt, as he crossed the 20 on the way to the end zone, I looked back over the field and there were no flags. As he crossed the goal line, I looked back over the field there was a flag 70 yards away on the 30. A ref called a holding penalty from that far away? C’mon. That’s a little shady.

I believe the reasons no flag was thrown on the play was that the refs judged the defender to be diving. Legal play.

When Potter ran back the punt, as he crossed the 20 on the way to the end zone, I looked back over the field and there were no flags. As he crossed the goal line, I looked back over the field there was a flag 70 yards away on the 30. A ref called a holding penalty from that far away? C’mon. That’s a little shady.

So I guess the 91 yd Potter return for TD and the 31 yd pass to Earl in the end the shady ref gave up trying?

Finals

MT 33 Concord 0
Milf 26 DMA 17
Howard 34- Laurel 0
Appo 40 Delcastle 0 RC
CA 25 CR 21
Poly 14 IR 13
Lake 49 Tatnall 14 RC
RLCA 32 ST A's 6
Glenelg 29 Smyrna 26
Woodbridge 44 Rock Ridge 6 RC
Central 46 Southern 7 RC
Tech 35 Coolidge 6
AI 14 Christiana 6
McKean 42 Dickinson 0 RC
FSMA 14 Seaford 8

Last edited:
Well if it come down to defense.. Nobody does it better than Central...

Central battled the Sals in what most observers would call a 1-1 tie. I was very impressed by SC's D. Was it #30? The young man was poppin' people sideline to sideline. Haven't seen a defender like that in a long time. Was it Watson for the Red Devils in 1971. Oh my!

Reactions: Downstate4
Central battled the Sals in what most observers would call a 1-1 tie. I was very impressed by SC's D. Was it #30? The young man was poppin' people sideline to sideline. Haven't seen a defender like that in a long time. Was it Watson for the Red Devils in 1971. Oh my!
Like Joe Schofield from WHS in 1970

Last edited:
Finals

MT 33 Concord 0
Milf 26 DMA 17
Howard 34- Laurel 0
Appo 40 Delcastle 0 RC
CA 25 CR 21
Poly 14 IR 13
Lake 49 Tatnall 14 RC
RLCA 32 ST A's 6
Glenelg 29 Smyrna 26