ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 8 Scores

If he continues on the current trajectory Fry will be one of the best DE HS QBS in this era.

Rr is right a lot of times.

I agree, Frye is bad. I was asking more about Delpercio and wanting RR's college analysis of him and whether he is tall or fast or athletic enough for anything about low D3....

And RR is right sometimes, but that's just a function of him having nothing else to do and posting on here every couple seconds. He's wrong a lot too.

If he continues on the current trajectory Fry will be one of the best DE HS QBS in this era.

I sat through the Colonial - Slowsky game. Good teams don't fall apart like the clones did in the 3rd Quarter last night, Yet and still they may be 2 wins from the 4 seed and possible rematch with Concord.....but a loss to Tech or Sparty and they are out of the Tournament.

I commend Ikey for some of the funniest comments I have ever seen. The Henlopen farmer stuff reminds me of something a few years back about an SPL player having his butler and valet at his football games. Tally Ho!

Why doesn't dovetail believe me? I have a serious analytic mind.

Caravel's first half against the Slowskys showed their potential upside.

Rr is right a lot of times.
I am a huge Fry fan... looking forward to watching him play the next couple of years.. he has that IT factor,, He should have been a 4 year starter,, got daddy balled last year

Even if they lose to Middletown and Cape loses to Smyrna, they will still end up with more points to push Cape out the picture. If my calculations are correct, they will be up by 2 points.
yep Central has bonus coming..played at least 3 teams with 9 wins

funny situation Cape beat Central but Central will get in over Cape due to Centrals OOS schedule

Reactions: DelawareHSFBFAN
However they didn't!!!

Correct. I The Big S passed more that might make their run game and their offense more effective but that wasn't what cost them last night. Penn capitalized on their mishandling of a kick off and a deep pitch that was fumbled.

Penn deserves credit for the win. Looks like the Sals will be picking up 3 points for that loss. It would have been better to get 7 points and the victory.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
yep Central has bonus coming..played at least 3 teams with 9 wins

funny situation Cape beat Central but Central will get in over Cape due to Centrals OOS schedule

That's why it is better to play a challenging schedule. Look at bonus points. IF you are confident that you will be in the hunt for your conference title then I think it is advisable to play a challenging schedule. Those bonus points by themselves can be like another win...

can we have one of your patented critiques of Delpercio? Is he like Knight, "just a good Delaware" player. Or Henderson, too short and "is what he is?"

You seem to have a crush on him so I'd like to hear how far he can go with football, D3 or D3?

And yeah, him and Frye are soooooo much better than Wade and Godwin...
Delpercio not even in the same league as Godwin.

Wade better then Fry too but Fry has two more years.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Sals probably could get another crack at Penn the first weekend of the tournament points provided, but I don't understand how a school that big with such a wide talent pool doesn't spread it out more, other than running the ball being a tradition I reckon.

Middletown really looks like the only team that can truly hang with Smyrna at their best. Defense is fast and physical and they can tempo you to death just like the Eagles. Harvest Bowl reborn 12/03. Should be fun.

Sallies out numbers / talents people they rarely ever beat a team with more talent due to coaching. Dinardo has to get with the times from an X & O perspective

Delpercio not even in the same league as Godwin.

Wade better then Fry too but Fry has two more years.

Ahh gotcha. So he's not as good as Godwin like RR thinks? I think RR has a lil crush.

Who's the better college prospect at wide receiver RR- Leddie Brown or your boy?

I'd really like your college-projection assessment RR. Please.
I'll answer that for RR. This is a message board and it really doesn't matter what our assessments are of any player. Documentation beats Explanation! Offers, rankings, and analyst who get paid for what they do have the answers for you. A lot of people don't believe this, but it is FACT. The easiest college projection for a junior or senior player in high school now would be based on the offers on the table. College coaches recruit and assess players who can play at their level. If the young man has D1 OFFERS, that's the type of player he is (not letters or interest, because TRUE FACT is they are 99% done for 2017 class and 80% done recruiting for their 2018 class). D2 schools are also finalizing their 2017 class and starting on 2018 class.

In all honesty, if you are a 2017 or 2018 player and have not received an offer or are not having face to face or phone conversations with coaches yet, that should be a sign that your college playing goals are too high and should start looking at some D3 or NAIA programs. NAIA isn't anything to sneeze at, they are very competitive and give out full rides.

I know that was a lot, but in short he is able to play at the level that he is drawing interest from.

Last edited:
Reactions: runningman12001
Redone now that I am awake lol

MT, Smryna Penn in

Appo 28 +3 MT +6 AI +6 Mount +2 WP= 45
Cape 34 +1 CA +3 Smyrna +6 Tech +1 Central+1 Oakdale = 46
Central 28 +6 poly +6 dover + 4 IR +1 Interboro +1 smyrna +1 Cape (poss +1 QA)= 47 or 48
Sals 32 + 3 penn +6 tech +4 st marks +1 CA +2 Penn +1 Smynrna +1 Concord +1 mt = 51
Concord 30 +6 Charter +6 Delcastle +3 MT +3 WP +1 CA = 49

Last edited:
I'll answer that for RR. This is a message board and it really doesn't matter what our assessments are of any player. Documentation beats Explanation! Offers, rankings, and analyst who get paid for what they do have the answers for you. A lot of people don't believe this, but it is FACT. The easiest college projection for a junior or senior player in high school now would be based on the offers on the table. College coaches recruit and assess players who can play at their level. If the young man has D1 OFFERS, that's the type of player he is (not letters or interest, because TRUE FACT is they are 99% done for 2017 class and 80% done recruiting for their 2018 class). D2 schools are also finalizing their 2017 class and starting on 2018 class.

In all honesty, if you are a 2017 or 2018 player and have not received an offer or are not having face to face or phone conversations with coaches yet, that should be a sign that your college playing goals are too high and should start looking at some D3 or NAIA programs. NAIA isn't anything to sneeze at, they are very competitive and give out full rides.

I know that was a lot, but in short he is able to play at the level that he is drawing interest from.

Typically I speak about a kid from the HS perspective. ADP is as good as I have seen whether he projects as a college player or not. .He produces and makes plays for his team in HS and I enjoy watching him play doesn't matter to me if HS is it for him

Last edited:
That's why it is better to play a challenging schedule. Look at bonus points. IF you are confident that you will be in the hunt for your conference title then I think it is advisable to play a challenging schedule. Those bonus points by themselves can be like another win...
That and look at CA.. yeah they took some lumps but they are in and battle tested.. Freshman QB has grown a lot football speaking and if Barker can make it back look out..

Reactions: jwb703
Typically I speak about a kid from the HS perspective. AP is as good as I have seen whether he projects as a college player or not. .He produces and makes plays for his team in HS and I enjoy watching him play doesn't matter to me if HS is it for him

Typically unless the player is from Smyrna I guess, right? Gotcha

Have you got his named tattooed on your arm yet

they get 1 for playing D1 team. 1 for 7 wins for Penn .. actually I should give 3 because Penn should get 9 wins.. Sals will get the 4 seed IMO

I agree with you rr. My numbers are a little different but if it plays out as it should then I think Concord and the Big S would have the same number of points and the Sals would get the #4 seed because they won the head to head match up. One critical thing here is that the Big S can go from a #4 seed to missing the tournament if they lose to either Tech or St. Marks. Those games are not gimme's for the Big S the way they played last night.

I believe when it is all said and done and points are totaled, D1 Playoffs will look like this:

Rd. 1:

(5)Sussex Central v. (4)Salesianum

I believe that Salesianum is a much better team with greater depth and coaching.

Salesainum will pull this out and go on to face Smyrna in the next round.

(3)William Penn v. (6)Concord

Both of these teams don't throw much and run over 90% of the time. Penn barely got past a beat up Concord team who has been plagued with injuries. They escaped with a 14-7 phenomenal goal line stance. If Concord is healthy and Bam is back, I don't believe Penn can beat them again.

Concord will go on to face Middletown.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravensrooster2
Sallies out numbers / talents people they rarely ever beat a team with more talent due to coaching. Dinardo has to get with the times from an X & O perspective

You are dead on, but he also needs to make a few coaching changes on his staff. His Defense sucks when they play a decent squad.

Reactions: spartakos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT