ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 8 Scores

lol

me too.. wtf... heard the announcers of the game saying Woodbridge's D front was the best in the state,, These folks are delusional..
Woodbridge do have one of the best D front with 4 shutouts and holding a team that avg 40 to 8 #66 a beast seen him lake game

Looks like Central, Concord,Cape and Sallies now battling for seeds 4, 5 and 6. I'm thinking they will all 3 end pretty even with 44-45 point totals. Will be interesting to see how this ends up working itself out.

Last edited:
Same thing every year with you.... didn't play anyone last year either apparently but still made it to the championship and to me D2 is even weaker this year.
is what it is..you dont have to like like it D2 DE HS football is in the lower 10th percentile in the country Its fun for us to follow the league but it is what it is

Last edited:
Looks like Central, Concord, and Sallies now battling for seeds 5 and 6. I'm thinking they will all 3 end pretty even with 44-45 point totals. Will be interesting to see how this ends up working itself out.

Just returned from Slowsky-Penn game.

Slowskys are a bunch of underachieving laggards.
Slowskys did have a nice drive after opening kickoff. Got to like the 25. Then Penn basically shut them down for 3 quarters. It would be easy to point to a fumble and a botched kick off return that led to 2 Penn TDs as the game deciding factors but good teams don't come up small like that.

I guess my pick of a Penn shut out was irrational exuberance but it was a great win for what obviously is the #3 team in D1.

No matter what this is a mediocre Slowsky team. They can spare themselves some embarassment by beating Tech and St. Marks and limping into the tournament. (I thought their O-line was improving but tonight there was something strange..maybe a kid missing and the reshuffling didn't work....)

No matter what it is a Middletown-Smyrna final and the rest is window dressing.

Last edited:
Everyone talk bout Dl and Dll in my opinion no Dl team should take a L frm any Dll team wen they have over 1000+ more students

well

no they wouldn't
Rr, you probably see more games than Bummy. WB just put up 39 on an undefeated team. The Slowskys were stopped in their tracks tonight by a solid defense.

Remember a couple years ago when Caravel beat the Slowkys at Baynard and the Slowskys then went on to win the D1 tourney (2009)..

Why not my friend?

I honestly think that any team from the South, should not even put their application in to be considered for the tournament. They are a disgrace and should hang their heads in shame.

Reactions: 84rider
I honestly think that any team from the South, should not even put their application in to be considered for the tournament. They are a disgrace and should hang their heads in shame.
WTF are you crazy have you be drinking it be couple Dll teams win it all

WTF are you crazy have you be drinking it be couple Dll teams win it all
No, no, no. Can't you read? They don't even play football south of the canal. That Woodbridge team that is going to finish 10-0 and get the top seed. U know, the one that just waxed Milford tonight without opening the playbook, they don't belong because they haven't played anyone.

Caravel played a physical game vs Cape. Caravel dominated the game upfront. #55 was best player on the field. Cape had some costly unsportsmanlime penalties.

Does Cape have any other formations besides the one wide recirver set? They only throw the ball to #10? No combo routes, no multiple receiver sets. They looked like it was August 31.

After tonight I'm not sure anyone wants to see this Caravel team in playoffs. They go HARD

Reactions: jwb703
RR - I generally respect your opinions and find them to usually be well reasoned but I'm having a hard time seeing why you're so down on the Bridge after tonight's game. Now, I'll give you that there were too many stupid penalties in the first several minutes, but did you watch the whole game? I don't see any D2 team (and only a couple D1's) having a big night running on them given the ability of the D-line (Vessels and Styles are just getting it done on the ends and the middle is almost as solid). Biggest weakness against the pass is that most of the D-Backs are short but they're quick as hell. PAT's have been a bit of a struggle as of late, which may be an issue if they ever have a close game. If Styles punted more than 1 or 2 times a game he'd be All State. Holden is an explosive game changer as a returner, and of course there's the stable of running backs. Time will tell if they can win their first ever state title, but at this point I wouldn't bet against them.

I
RR - I generally respect your opinions and find them to usually be well reasoned but I'm having a hard time seeing why you're so down on the Bridge after tonight's game. Now, I'll give you that there were too many stupid penalties in the first several minutes, but did you watch the whole game? I don't see any D2 team (and only a couple D1's) having a big night running on them given the ability of the D-line (Vessels and Styles are just getting it done on the ends and the middle is almost as solid). Biggest weakness against the pass is that most of the D-Backs are short but they're quick as hell. PAT's have been a bit of a struggle as of late, which may be an issue if they ever have a close game. If Styles punted more than 1 or 2 times a game he'd be All State. Holden is an explosive game changer as a returner, and of course there's the stable of running backs. Time will tell if they can win their first ever state title, but at this point I wouldn't bet against them.
i agree

Bridge is LEGIT regardless of what anyone says. Decinitely will CRUSH SPL teams and so will Delmar. WB will beat Glasgow. Stymes and Vessels are 2 of the best DE in tbe state and will give that spread holy hades. They will struggle with St. George's upfront. St. George's is big and physical. They will lone up and run right at and with the passing dimension added they are REAL DEAL HOLIFIELD. #9 for STG at LB is a MONSTER. Love his motor.

Question will be how does WB stack up to a team that is just as physical as they are but bigger.

Bridge is LEGIT regardless of what anyone says. Decinitely will CRUSH SPL teams and so will Delmar. WB will beat Glasgow. Stymes and Vessels are 2 of the best DE in tbe state and will give that spread holy hades. They will struggle with St. George's upfront. St. George's is big and physical. They will lone up and run right at and with the passing dimension added they are REAL DEAL HOLIFIELD. #9 for STG at LB is a MONSTER. Love his motor.

Question will be how does WB stack up to a team that is just as physical as they are but bigger.
This is crazy talk LL, WB nor Delmar belong.

Reactions: life lessons
Imagine if Delmar beats Milford next week. What would that do to the playoff picture?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT