ADVERTISEMENT

Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year

Feb 20, 2016
Have had a chance to watch them a few times this preseason...ton of talent and very deep at skill positions.... Offensively as talented as anybody in the state

They're certainly on the short list of teams I think can win D2. Really all depends on how St. Georges adjusts from losing so many players and if Howard's found a quarterback yet, but I like Glasgow's chances of winning Flight B.

I haven't. If Howard has a QB, I stand corrected. Still think Glasgow has a wealth of a talent for a Division II school.

I would assume you've seen them play more than the one time they opened up against caravel?

Why? did they get they get a wealth of talent come in since then? every year for the last 4 years someone comes on here and boasts about the talent at Glasgow,, its the same thing every year yeah they have a few athletes but the lines need work

Last edited:
Just stating what I've seen from them and what I have seen from the other teams in flight b this preseason..., we will revisit this conversation around week 5

No its not.. I am relaxed,,, but CA will take it to Glasgow believe that! OH that's right Glasgow wouldn't renew the contract after getting beat down twice... oh well see you in the playoffs.. maybe?

Last edited:
And there it is... Me stating Glasgow will impress this year is not a slight to your beloved caravel bucs lol.... Your hilarious

That is your school right? that's all I hear you talk about
That is where my kids went. I didnt go there,, I root for them but root for others as well.. I am not a booster or anything,, I am not emotionally tied... Football is just a game kids play its not life to me.. yeah I have knowledge of the goings on and what not but I am more regional in my fandom

Why is it different for caravel this year? They were 3-6 last year correct?

And I'm pretty sure each season is different... So to say based on past seasons a team won't be good this season doesn't even make sense... Not to mention your talking about a team with flight a talent now playing in flight b.... They will be solid this year and you said it yourself already

Pretty sure their scrimmage was pretty evenly played with ones on the field
Even not so sure about but but CA made the the big scoring plays..people see the scrimmages how they like,, I scored it 4-1 CA you may have a different take

4-1? With the ones on the field it was an even game with caravel having one scoring drive on in a 10 and 10 scrimmage format... Caravel had one scoring drive... I saw a pretty even scrimmage... I don't consider anything after the ones come off the field

4-1? With the ones on the field it was an even game with caravel having one scoring drive on in a 10 and 10 scrimmage format... Caravel had one scoring drive... I saw a pretty even scrimmage... I don't consider anything after the ones come off the field
Dude really .. Good luck to Glasgow . they are pre season top 5 D2 but they are in no way the one of the most talented teams in the state

Glasgow is talented, yes, they will make some noise in D2, playoff team for sure, title contender? Still up for debate......"as talented as flight a".....SIKE!

Glasgow is on the rise, but they couldn't hang with William Penn, Concord and Middletown. I'm not even sure they could beat Appo right now. The verdict is still out on Newark with a new coach, so if they are flight a, they are a lower tier of Flight A, like they always were.

But they are a contender in D2 and flight b for sure

Glasgow has some nice skill players and will make some noise in D2 but they are no where close to my top 2 D2 teams (Caravel/STE)
Their QB gonna be out by week 5 if he keeps trying to extend plays and their line/overall discipline STILL gonna hurt them. And YES- I saw them scrimmage!
Glasgow better= YES
Top tier=NO

I missed 1st scrimmage but saw St. Marks scrimmage. Glasgow was the better team for sure. I did get to the scrimmage last night too. Game situation for a half. Score was 42-0 when I left in the 2nd qtr. Wrs are big and fast. Qb looked good and backs ran hard. I said a while ago Caravel 1 and Glasgow 2. I am sticking to that after seeing a few contenders this preseason. Good luck to all.

Have had a chance to watch them a few times this preseason...ton of talent and very deep at skill positions.... Offensively as talented as anybody in the state

Strong Statement... Offensively as Talented as anybody in State. Don't Sell the Farm on that Yet??? They may be improved but again they are Div II. BIG STATEMENT .......

If I stand correct they are Div II because their student count is low. That has nothing to do with the type of talent they have. Just watch some of their games this year. This team looks different.

Hear this every year. Comes down to coaching. Seems like it is lacking in one area or the other every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT