ADVERTISEMENT

Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year

Better left to the coaches, or other adults on DEPreps like you, just not you? What if I were like oh yeah caravel sucks and their line sucks and that left guard who's RRs kid is such a sieve and is a sloppy blocker and is the weak spot on their team and so on and so forth? You would have cried and whined about it but when it's other kids you seem to claim a right to be able to "independently assess" every other high school player.

Ps your family thinks this habit of yours is very weird and they are concerned

whatever ,,if my kid was the target of critisims I would and did take it like a man..he is a young adult not a baby ..and then its just one persons opinion.. They deserve their opinion. My Son heard his share of critisism.. He wanst big enought to play inside and wasnt fast enough to play outside,,There were some Coaches who wanted him but wanted him to put his hand in the dirt .. Its all good.. He is satisfied with his HS football carreer and has moved on,,,

PS your a dipshit to say what you think my family thinks or feels about me you dont know me or my family jackasss

Last edited:
.500 team Raven.. Sorry to burst your bubble with all of your Eca transfers etc..... Wouldn't be surprised if they lose to cape, archmere, sallies, Hodgson and st. Marks.... If the kids last name isn't barker or Argoe don't think it's gonna matter much
I thought they would be .500 before the season. I upped it when Barker came aboard but we know how that turned out

Last edited:
whatever ,,if my kid was the target of critisims I would and did take it like a man..he is a young adult not a baby ..and then its just one persons opinion.. They deserve their opinion. My Son heard his share of critisism.. He wanst big enought to play inside and wasnt fast enough to play outside,,There were some Coaches who wanted him but wanted him to put his hand in the dirt .. Its all good.. He is satisfied with his HS football carreer and has moved on,,,

PS your a dipshit to say what you think my family thinks or feels about me you dont know me jackasss

If I'm a jackass for saying that than what are you for trying to publically out that guy's identity and say how his kid couldn't cut it at CA then repeated a grade and went somewhere else. Seriously, do you even look at what you say? You need help

If I'm a jackass for saying that than what are you for trying to publically out that guy's identity and say how his kid couldn't cut it at CA then repeated a grade and went somewhere else. Seriously, do you even look at what you say? You need help
nobody said any kid couldnt cut it... It was just a fact the kid reclassed then went to Glasgow,,its just the facts.. and they are what they are,, people can infer all the reasons why they want to... I dont know them is what it is

The dude was on here claiming CA recruits and all that just exposing his motivation for such claims

Last edited:
Good afternoon.... It has been bought to my attention from friends that my son Isaiah Wilson V who is the QB at Glasgow High school has been a topic of some pretty unbelievable conversation on the board today. After reading the posts I wasn't going to say anything but I had to chime in.... As his father I find this to be pretty disturbing that adults would be on here talking about him or other high school kids the way that it seems to go on here on this board. Not sure who you are Raven Rooster but I'm pretty sure you don't personally know me or my son...so I would appreciate if you kept your opinions about him to yourself and not on a public message board. Especially if you don't know what your talking about.

To address your post- Yes My son went to caravel in middle school after being in a public school his entire life.... the decision was made to reclass him in middle school as a family to be sure he could make the transition academically to the tougher curriculum at Caravel his first year. He made the transition well once he got used to the workload and made the deans list most semesters while he was there. We again as a family made a decision that was in his best interest to leave the school to get a more diverse high school experience after his experience at the school...No knock against Caravel its a good school but not very diverse. All the kids there are somewhat the same type of kid which is not a bad thing... Just wasn't what we wanted for our son. We prefer for him to be more well rounded and be able to maneuver and deal with all different types of kids, people and experiences so that he is more real world ready socially by the time he goes off to college. Now if you knew him or us you would know that but clearly you don't so its pretty disturbing to see your opinion posted in such a factual way when you really have no idea. We didn't play middle school football there due to talent level of the team as his youth league was more competitive if we are being honest. As a 9th grader if we would have stayed athletically he would have had no trouble playing and beating out the QB that was there you know that as well.... We had many options of schools we could have went to and played right away so it wasn't as if there were no other options for us. To this day and every year since we've left we still get asked about bringing him back to be the guy but that's another story. And if you know that much and are in with the football program at Caravel you know that is a true statement as well. Ultimately we left because my son is a dual threat kid who is not suited to just hand the ball off and run bootleg and waggles as what is required in the wing t that caravel runs and ran 80% of the time when we were making the decision to stay or go. Anybody can do that.... Not a good fit us...Hence the reason Derrick didn't get the looks he should have received. That's also the reason other kids who play QB in the past also decided not to go there because of that system. And hence that is the reason we are getting the looks we are getting now because of the system he runs at Glasgow and his film showcases the ability to run a spread / no huddle system which is what most schools at the collegiate level are running.....Academically he carries a 3.5 gpa and has only taken honors courses since being in high school so we're good there as well. Private schools are not the end all be all. Despite what you may hear our experience at the school has been a pleasant one and since day one of being there all coaches and administrators at the school treat my kid like he is one of their own and really look after his best interest both on and off the field and court. That is unmeasurable and with all stuff aside that is all you can ask for regardless of what school you send your kid to. Something we didn't feel would have happened at Caravel again no knock on the school or anybody over there. Just a feeling we never received at Caravel.

As a matter of fact we were just on a game day visit at UPENN yesterday and guess what.... very large portion of the roster went to public schools. Never been a big fan of the only way a kid can be successful is by attending a private school which in my opinion is very far from the truth.

I say this all to make a point- Keep in mind the kids, their parents ,their friends, their coaches etc all read this stuff and for anyone on here to feel good about talking about high school kids in such a definitive and negative way is pretty embarrassing. Says more about you than it will ever say about the kids you are putting down regardless of how high or low that kids skill set is in your opinion.

We will be fine regardless...

Shame I have to this conversation with an adult but if you have anything you would like to discuss about my son in the future please direct it to me. Thanks and appreciate it!

Reactions: CowTownBrownTown
Good afternoon.... It has been bought to my attention from friends that my son Isaiah Wilson V who is the QB at Glasgow High school has been a topic of some pretty unbelievable conversation on the board today. After reading the posts I wasn't going to say anything but I had to chime in.... As his father I find this to be pretty disturbing that adults would be on here talking about him or other high school kids the way that it seems to go on here on this board. Not sure who you are Raven Rooster but I'm pretty sure you don't personally know me or my son...so I would appreciate if you kept your opinions about him to yourself and not on a public message board. Especially if you don't know what your talking about.

To address your post- Yes My son went to caravel in middle school after being in a public school his entire life.... the decision was made to reclass him in middle school as a family to be sure he could make the transition academically to the tougher curriculum at Caravel his first year. He made the transition well once he got used to the workload and made the deans list most semesters while he was there. We again as a family made a decision that was in his best interest to leave the school to get a more diverse high school experience after his experience at the school...No knock against Caravel its a good school but not very diverse. All the kids there are somewhat the same type of kid which is not a bad thing... Just wasn't what we wanted for our son. We prefer for him to be more well rounded and be able to maneuver and deal with all different types of kids, people and experiences so that he is more real world ready socially by the time he goes off to college. Now if you knew him or us you would know that but clearly you don't so its pretty disturbing to see your opinion posted in such a factual way when you really have no idea. We didn't play middle school football there due to talent level of the team as his youth league was more competitive if we are being honest. As a 9th grader if we would have stayed athletically he would have had no trouble playing and beating out the QB that was there you know that as well.... We had many options of schools we could have went to and played right away so it wasn't as if there were no other options for us. To this day and every year since we've left we still get asked about bringing him back to be the guy but that's another story. And if you know that much and are in with the football program at Caravel you know that is a true statement as well. Ultimately we left because my son is a dual threat kid who is not suited to just hand the ball off and run bootleg and waggles as what is required in the wing t that caravel runs and ran 80% of the time when we were making the decision to stay or go. Anybody can do that.... Not a good fit us...Hence the reason Derrick didn't get the looks he should have received. That's also the reason other kids who play QB in the past also decided not to go there because of that system. And hence that is the reason we are getting the looks we are getting now because of the system he runs at Glasgow and his film showcases the ability to run a spread / no huddle system which is what most schools at the collegiate level are running.....Academically he carries a 3.5 gpa and has only taken honors courses since being in high school so we're good there as well. Private schools are not the end all be all. Despite what you may hear our experience at the school has been a pleasant one and since day one of being there all coaches and administrators at the school treat my kid like he is one of their own and really look after his best interest both on and off the field and court. That is unmeasurable and with all stuff aside that is all you can ask for regardless of what school you send your kid to. Something we didn't feel would have happened at Caravel again no knock on the school or anybody over there. Just a feeling we never received at Caravel.

As a matter of fact we were just on a game day visit at UPENN yesterday and guess what.... very large portion of the roster went to public schools. Never been a big fan of the only way a kid can be successful is by attending a private school which in my opinion is very far from the truth.

I say this all to make a point- Keep in mind the kids, their parents ,their friends, their coaches etc all read this stuff and for anyone on here to feel good about talking about high school kids in such a definitive and negative way is pretty embarrassing. Says more about you than it will ever say about the kids you are putting down regardless of how high or low that kids skill set is in your opinion.

Shame I have to this conversation with an adult but if you have anything you would like to discuss about my son in the future please direct it to me. Thanks and appreciate it!
dude no one is dissrespecting your Son. yeah i guessed it wrong on who a poster was but that is that,...the facts were the facts.. yeah your kid is a good player,,I am sure CA wishes they had him now.. but that is what he is.. A very good HS player

Last edited:
From what I see in that one clip dad... Not a lot of kids in Delaware that play Qb can make that play or throw... Good luck to you guys

Reactions: Mr IW4
Mr. Wilson...first of all, well said and best of luck to your son. I've heard good things about the young man. However, you're wasting your breath on here with him. There are posters who are clearly Sals, StM, MT and WP faithful who may get a lil defensive and cross the line from time to time, but they are generally respectful to the kids and coaches. RR is all over the place and just seems to attack anyone he sees fit. It sounds like he lacks attention at home and/or work...if he, indeed, is an adult b/c I'm not sure anymore. Just my opinion, if anyone else is allowed to have one.

And to Sportsguy, I was thinking it before you posted it...Glasgow may be this year's Smyrna...no respect last year, very little this year as defending State champions. Enjoy all this Glasgow...it makes it all that much sweeter. -Mr. Henderson

Mr. Wilson...first of all, well said and best of luck to your son. I've heard good things about the young man. However, you're wasting your breath on here with him. There are posters who are clearly Sals, StM, MT and WP faithful who may get a lil defensive and cross the line from time to time, but they are generally respectful to the kids and coaches. RR is all over the place and just seems to attack anyone he sees fit. It sounds like he lacks attention at home and/or work...if he, indeed, is an adult b/c I'm not sure anymore. Just my opinion, if anyone else is allowed to have one.

And to Sportsguy, I was thinking it before you posted it...Glasgow may be this year's Smyrna...no respect last year, very little this year as defending State champions. Enjoy all this Glasgow...it makes it all that much sweeter. -Mr. Henderson

Thank you Mr. Henderson... clears up a lot. And I assume you are Nolan's father. Very talented son you have and wish him the best this year and at UD in the future. We have great respect for him and watch a lot of his film. I will not be on here much but had to speak today and clearly see I am not the only one surprised by this type of conversation. Looking forward to see how things pan out for everyone. Good luck the rest of the year!

attack LOL ALL I said was facts of which the dad validated,, I never said the kid was no good in fact I have praised the kid many times on here posting after games or scrimmages... you people need to lighten up.. this is a forum of opinions and not everyone is going to have the same opinion of your kid as you do.. If you cant take that dont come here

I agree it doesn't say much that's why I said after this week the conversation will begin......Same way everyone said Smyrna wasn't that good last year until you had no choice but to respect it as week in and week out they just kept dominating people.... People weren't expecting that....Nobody really knew what they had nor how good Nolan or Will knight was.... When you have 5 kids getting d1 interest on one team which Glasgow does .....I would say thats a pretty talented roster... Just no pub yet... not sure why the statement is so crazy??? As if there are loaded teams all throughout the state.... As if Glasgow wasn't playing in flight a all these years...smh
They beat Smyrna 2 years ago pretty handily with pretty much the same kids that won the championship last year on the field. All I'm saying is give me my props as the season goes on

They beat Hodgson I will give you props they get whipped on and you better come eat crow

Reactions: sportsguy302
.500 team Raven.. Sorry to burst your bubble with all of your Eca transfers etc..... Wouldn't be surprised if they lose to cape, archmere, sallies, Hodgson and st. Marks.... If the kids last name isn't barker or Argoe don't think it's gonna matter much

Dude look at that schedule - way harder then almost any D2 team. Actually they always over schedule - was a bit surprised when I saw it this year no need to play 3 D1 - Sals, Cape and Concord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled

First - your son can ball. Nice arm and has some wheels.

Second - please don't take this the wrong way but it's a public message board people can say what ever they want. If it's not true, he'll even if it is, just ignore it. Trust me %90+ of what is on this message board, and other message boards is crap. It's entertainment don't let it get to you.

Last you made comments about posters stating opinions as facts but I find it funny you did the same - if he stayed he would have won the job easily, he didn't get his fair looks, etc. You clearly have some bitterness there and I don't know what happened and it's not my business. I wish your son and G-High the best this year but don't come on and act like your taking the high road then do exactly what you accused everyone else of doing - stating your opinion like it's a fact.

Reactions: Jawnsky

Agreed been hearing a ton about G-High this next game will be the real litmus test - Hodgson has sort of been the king of D2 for a bit so this is a good test for Glasgow.

Personally I like seeing some different teams step up and win it. Last year the sea of red at the championship game was great.

And if this is indeed Mr Henderson congrats on UD hope your son tears it up.

you will alllways get an honest "opinion" from me.. I am not here to blow air up anyones skirt.. yeah I like that activity but not on a forum lol

First - your son can ball. Nice arm and has some wheels.

Second - please don't take this the wrong way but it's a public message board people can say what ever they want. If it's not true, he'll even if it is, just ignore it. Trust me %90+ of what is on this message board, and other message boards is crap. It's entertainment don't let it get to you.

Last you made comments about posters stating opinions as facts but I find it funny you did the same - if he stayed he would have won the job easily, he didn't get his fair looks, etc. You clearly have some bitterness there and I don't know what happened and it's not my business. I wish your son and G-High the best this year but don't come on and act like your taking the high road then do exactly what you accused everyone else of doing - stating your opinion like it's a fact.

You must have misread my post sir. Never stated anything negative about the school, kids or staff at Caravel. Also never complained about fair looks being given to my son from the staff at caravel. We weren't there very long nor did we even play any games, attend camp etc there. Just off season workouts as an 8th grader. Please re-read my post.... The "looks" that I am mentioning are based on what he has been able to do on film in the system he is in now which fits his skill set much better than the wing t at Caravel would have. Therefore we are getting "looks" and interest from colleges that run similar systems based on already having two full years of varsity game film in that type of system. That's not a knock on caravel or the coaches. Just wasn't the right system for him in order to accomplish what he wants to accomplish.

In all due respect I'm not on here to do what I guess you guys do with the back and forth he said she said type of dialogue. My kid is still friends with all of those kids, still goes to some of their games and events and still talks with the coaches as well. Nothing to be bitter about. Bitter for what? We left on our own... they wanted us to stay. Don't think there was hard feellings on either side as our plans were communicated and discussed with the staff up until we made the final decision. Ended with a handshake and a good luck wish you the best going both ways. To this day we have a great relationship with Coach Reed and wish him and the boys well.

You must have misread my post sir. Never stated anything negative about the school, kids or staff at Caravel. Also never complained about fair looks being given to my son from the staff at caravel. We weren't there very long nor did we even play any games, attend camp etc there. Just off season workouts as an 8th grader. Please re-read my post.... The "looks" that I am mentioning are based on what he has been able to do on film in the system he is in now which fits his skill set much better than the wing t at Caravel would have. Therefore we are getting "looks" and interest from colleges that run similar systems based on already having two full years of varsity game film in that type of system. That's not a knock on caravel or the coaches. Just wasn't the right system for him in order to accomplish what he wants to accomplish.

In all due respect I'm not on here to do what I guess you guys do with the back and forth he said she said type of dialogue. My kid is still friends with all of those kids, still goes to some of their games and events and still talks with the coaches as well. Nothing to be bitter about. Bitter for what? We left on our own... they wanted us to stay. Don't think there was hard feellings on either side as our plans were communicated and discussed with the staff up until we made the final decision. Ended with a handshake and a good luck wish you the best going both ways. To this day we have a great relationship with Coach Reed and wish him and the boys well.

Got it I did misread some of it - and don't want you to take what I said the wrong way I wish your son the best and a great season.

Big game this week good luck.

Isaiah is an athlete. Great basketball player as well and a nice young man. My son has been friends with him for years. I remember his freshman year he almost led his team to an upset of Caravel. Played a hell of a game. Glasgow's offense was a better fit for his skill set for sure. Good luck to G High the rest of the way. The whole leaving CA thing is water under the bridge.

Last edited:
Glasgow Is not winning nothing period ... So please stop going on about it.. Woodbridge and Milford will smoke them...

See here we go, and this is what I like about this forum.....this is why it is a forum. People should be able o post their opinions , if they are wrong, other people can tell them so......
If I am not mistaken-this all started with Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year...That is a fair and legit statement. But to add they have as much talent as anyone???- That is being a total Jackass, it is simply not true. Could they beat Smyrna- NO! Could they hang with the Cavs- NO!
Have they truly played anyone yet?- NO!

Again- by virtue of a very weak schedule they should do well. Wish them the best of luck also- always good to see fresh faces in the tourney.

See here we go, and this is what I like about this forum.....this is why it is a forum. People should be able o post their opinions , if they are wrong, other people can tell them so......
If I am not mistaken-this all started with Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year...That is a fair and legit statement. But to add they have as much talent as anyone???- That is being a total Jackass, it is simply not true. Could they beat Smyrna- NO! Could they hang with the Cavs- NO!
Have they truly played anyone yet?- NO!

Again- by virtue of a very weak schedule they should do well. Wish them the best of luck also- always good to see fresh faces in the tourney.

Not sure why this statement has irked people so much lol. Glasgow beat Smyrna two seasons ago with the same kids on the field that won the chip the following year. Secondly they have played and competed in flight a against these bigger schools with the most talent since forever. So to say they can't compete with any of them all of a sudden because they are now in flight b based on school population numbers doesn't hold much weight either. There are over 50 schools in the state and if your saying they are only not as talented as 3 or 4 of them in my mind that kinda makes my statement that much more of a valid statement. Not to mention those schools have way more numbers than what Glasgow has so yeah they probably should be more talented....Again time will tell and I stand by what I said... Based on what I've seen Glasgow is "one of" the most talented teams in the state with some real explosive talent on the offensive side of the ball....Not a knock on anybody else's beloved schools or programs. We shall see if they are as legit as I think they are this Friday vs Hodgson whom they beat last year in their first match up in the new flight b schedule. Let it play out my friend. If I'm wrong I'll be the first one to say something.... But if I'm right then.........................well we'll talk about that if it happens

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
302.....if anyone is irked-its you!
your quote was.....
"Offensively as talented as anybody in the state"
And simply put-I disagree and that's being nice....no more no less.

*Two very good running backs
*Stable of speedy, athletic receivers
*And a quarterback that doesn't get a lot of pub but is one of the best in the state.. Starter since his freshman year

Very explosive offense... Looks and feels a lot like Smyrna

I know they're good. I believe they can compete with any team in D2. Still going with pick which was Woodbridge. Besides St.G, Hodgson their schedule sucks. I agree with that schedule they will look like Smyrna almost anyone would. Everyone has their picks and hopefully I'm wrong again us Glasgow. But their schedule might hurt them come playoff time not playing anyone really strong.

They are as talented as any D2 team in the state IMO.. but they are not as talented as Smyrna, Mtown, Concord or Sussex Tech.. all 4 of those teams would blow them out.. Sallies would also because of line play.. JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawnsky
I know they're good. I believe they can compete with any team in D2. Still going with pick which was Woodbridge. Besides St.G, Hodgson their schedule sucks. I agree with that schedule they will look like Smyrna almost anyone would. Everyone has their picks and hopefully I'm wrong again us Glasgow. But their schedule might hurt them come playoff time not playing anyone really strong.
Woodbridge schedule is pretty weak

Reactions: theman1234
Not sure why this statement has irked people so much lol. Glasgow beat Smyrna two seasons ago with the same kids on the field that won the chip the following year. Secondly they have played and competed in flight a against these bigger schools with the most talent since forever. So to say they can't compete with any of them all of a sudden because they are now in flight b based on school population numbers doesn't hold much weight either. There are over 50 schools in the state and if your saying they are only not as talented as 3 or 4 of them in my mind that kinda makes my statement that much more of a valid statement. Not to mention those schools have way more numbers than what Glasgow has so yeah they probably should be more talented....Again time will tell and I stand by what I said... Based on what I've seen Glasgow is "one of" the most talented teams in the state with some real explosive talent on the offensive side of the ball....Not a knock on anybody else's beloved schools or programs. We shall see if they are as legit as I think they are this Friday vs Hodgson whom they beat last year in their first match up in the new flight b schedule. Let it play out my friend. If I'm wrong I'll be the first one to say something.... But if I'm right then.........................well we'll talk about that if it happens

I root for Glasgow to win as many as possible, but you should not bring up the fact they beat Smyrna two years ago. The next week, they lost to a 2-8 Appo team 12-22. I'm just saying...lol.

The team this year does have some legit explosive players in Credle, Wilson, Woodland and Cunningham who could play on anybody's team. Good luck!

I guess I'm not sure by what you guys mean by talent. From what I seen all of their skill guys can start anywhere in the state. Again if you do not believe me go see friday night with your own eyes. But yes their schedule is light but as long as they come in each and every game to handle business they should be fine in a weak D2 this year. Woodbridge schedule is just as bad though.

for me if you say a team is talented it extends to the lines,,, everyone has talent in the skill positions.. lines make the difference.. Take the WP vs CA scrim for example.. CA had more talent in the skills QB, RB and WR.. only they couldnt do anything because WP front 7 was blowing up CA's

Trying to schedule D-2 can be real difficult down here. If you schedule teams like Sussex Tech, you can wind up punching way above your weight class and pay a heavy price for it. At the end of the day, Woodbridge scheduled two D-1's and came away with 12 points. They are a playoff team and will be there at the end. Hopefully it all gets settled on the field come tournament time. Which is just eight short weeks away, so not too much can happen between now and then. :)

Reactions: theman1234
While it's certainly not the toughest ever, it includes 2 D1 schools (Dover is usually decent, Poly is what it is), one of the consistently best D2 schools out of their conference (Friends), and a Henlopen South schedule that includes Milford so I wouldn't necessarily call it weak. Not taking anything away from Glasgow, hope I get the chance to see them play.

Other than Seaford and Lake (this year) I think the Hen South will be competetive.. Woodbridge, Milford, IR , Delmar and Laurel could all beat each other on a given Friday night,,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT