ADVERTISEMENT

Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year

They also have 80 kids out for football every year,, that is more than most D1 teams.they should have won the chip every year JMHO..

They ran into the wall that was the Concord mini-dynasty in the years preceding that 07 Championship, hard to fault them for that.

Concord was in the chip 4 years in a row and may have won all 4 years had it not been for a slew of injuries. Hodg was stuck in Flight B with them and had to face them in the playoffs at least once, if not twice.

lol @Jawn... your mean

I can see how that may come across mean but look at what I said on Sep 21

"Glasgow has some nice skill players and will make some noise in D2 but they are no where close to my top 2 D2 teams (Caravel/STE)
Their QB gonna be out by week 5 if he keeps trying to extend plays and their line/overall discipline STILL gonna hurt them. And YES- I saw them scrimmage!
Glasgow better= YES
Top tier=NO"

I did not see any superstars on their team-This was my 3rd time watching them.
ECAravel was also my preseason #1

.500 team Raven.. Sorry to burst your bubble with all of your Eca transfers etc..... Wouldn't be surprised if they lose to cape, archmere, sallies, Hodgson and st. Marks.... If the kids last name isn't barker or Argoe don't think it's gonna matter much
hmmm you don't say

And the Title of the thread was Not what was stated to start the thread. It is as talented as anyone in the state which was a foolish statement.....almost as worse as the Woodbridge can hang with Smyrna statement made last night.

It's not the kids fault on who they play or who they are scheduled lol all they can do is line up and play ball Glasgow football record the last 3yrs was 3-7 5-5 10-1

Reactions: concord87
Glasgow has never won anything and the year they begin winning y'all got the nerve to say it's by default
It's not just about having a good year. Building a winning program is most important. Hopefully this is just the beginning for the Dragons. Many teams have that magical junior and senior class come together and achieve more than most years in school history. Those highlights come and go with graduation. The last three years for G high remind me of the past three years for Smyrna. You have to put together another year to get the respect you seek. History is a strong determinant as to how fans/pundits rate you. Don't worry about it and keep building, if possible.

It's not the kids fault on who they play or who they are scheduled lol all they can do is line up and play ball Glasgow football record the last 3yrs was 3-7 5-5 10-1
no body is talking about the kids.. were addressing the adult poster.. get it?

Glasgow has never won anything and the year they begin winning y'all got the nerve to say it's by default
just the facts man.. again we are not addressing the team we are addressing the poster who was popping off.. There is a difference

Herman- the responses are not bashing the kids in anyway shape or form and are not intended to. All of this is directed towards a fairly....no strike that....a jackass type statement that was made by a poster who constantly came on here and backed his statement. Then they lose and he wanna blame the coaches???? And lets be real-the only team they shocked was St Georges.....but to go 10-1 is a great accomplishment I have earlier said. And more importantly what the other poster stated- they are rebuilding the program. I am glad to see Glasgow back in the mix!

Great Season Dragons-Keep your heads up!

Congrats to Glasgow on a great season.

From my notes from last night.
Glasgow: Passing 14-36-3 for 130yds (5-6 dropped balls, 3 INTs second
half). Rushing 28-50yds.

Caravel: Passing 7-11-1 for 173yds (1-3 for 0yds second half). Rushing 34-93yds. Sat on 21-8 halftime lead, burned the clock and let defense win it.

Tough, hard fought game, could have gone either way. Glasgow will be back as a playoff team next year, IMHO.

If we are talking about the team and the kids who play on the team... And if we're taking it another notch and saying the statement about the "team being talented".. Pretty sure the talented reference is in regards to the "kids" on the team correct? Then gentlemen we are in fact talking about the "kids" on the team...

There is no change in my stance about the kids, their talent and that those kids would shock a lot of people.... Which they did and yes the kids on their team which we are still in fact talking about are talented. I come on here and defend my statement because I'm constantly getting attacked based on my opinion...just like today... Again my statement was true and even with them losing holds true. This is a high school board so you are always talking about kids...smh

If we are talking about the team and the kids who play on the team... And if we're taking it another notch and saying the statement about the "team being talented".. Pretty sure the talented reference is in regards to the "kids" on the team correct? Then gentlemen we are in fact talking about the "kids" on the team...

There is no change in my stance about the kids, their talent and that those kids would shock a lot of people.... Which they did and yes the kids on their team which we are still in fact talking about are talented. I come on here and defend my statement because I'm constantly getting attacked based on my opinion...just like today... Again my statement was true and even with them losing holds true. This is a high school board so you are always talking about kids...smh
no we are talking about your statements.. not the kids.. you went in hype mode demanding respect for the team and now you have to eat the crow,, no biggie happens all the time.. everyone here likes and has enjoyed watching the kids play.. post the highlight reals again they were fun

Reactions: Jawnsky
@ 302.....how many times we got to say it or are you special?
You said they were as talented as ANYBODY in the state.
They were not even as talented as Caravel.

But if we are talking about the kids which we were not, no doubt-great group of kids and 10-1 is 10-1....not their fault their sked was so weak.

Yeah I'm special...Again another shot... Enjoy the rest of the season... Notice my responses are based on you jackasses continually talking shit... Internet tough guys lol -

Great year for GHigh. Congrats to the team and fsmilys.

302: They go 6-4 at best with Caravel schedule and that's the point 302. Just eat your core and move on. If GHigh won last night I would have eaten my crow like a man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT