ADVERTISEMENT

Glasgow will shock a lot of people this year

They get 3 non conference. 1 is a district D1 rival who is decent, another is the 2 time defending Hen South Champs and then seaford. I think Seaford week 1 was a feel out game in transition down to D2. The other 2 were potential strong non conference games.

I root for Glasgow to win as many as possible, but you should not bring up the fact they beat Smyrna two years ago. The next week, they lost to a 2-8 Appo team 12-22. I'm just saying...lol.

The team this year does have some legit explosive players in Credle, Wilson, Woodland and Cunningham who could play on anybody's team. Good luck!

....Well said.....bringing up 2 years ago does a lot of things but it cannot be used as a measuring stick for 2016.
example:.....every year some idiot points out that Sals Freshman and JV go undefeated or 19-1 or something great...does that mean that will win them a title when those kids move up? Survey says.......NO

Edited to add that even a win over HVT this week does not make them king of the hill, but certainly moves em up further!!!

'Nole- I have seen them play 3 x and the best they looked was against their own Defense. They could not score on either Elkton or St.Mark's in that tri-scrimmage, but they do have some seriously talented athletes but their line is very suspect. The real test will be how they hold up when adversity is staring them in the face. Discipline is a must have on every team that wants to be a contender. Their track record does not bode well.

hodgson is very solid and will have a good year as well... Just give credit where it's due. Glasgow dominated this game on both sides of the ball. Dline dominated Hodgsons oline and Glasgows so called weak oline held its own... Glasgows speed will be a problem for everyone they play this year.... Don't discredit the W... Hodgson has a very good football team

Last edited:
hodgson is very solid and will have a great year as well... Just give credit where it's due. Glasgow dominated this game on both sides of the ball. Dline dominated Hodgsons oline and Glasgows so called weak oline held its own... Glasgows speed will be a problem for everyone they play this year.... Don't discredit the W... Hodgson has a very good football team
nobody is discrediting anything just looking at it objectively... HVT didnt beat any good team last year and got blown out by the good teams they played last year,, This year they beat 2 week teams and lost to the only good team they have played (Glasgow) I ranked Glasgow # 2 in my rankings and will keep them there this week,, not because who they beat but believe they have the tallent to make it to the final in a very weak D2 field this year... Hogson does not have a "very" good football team this year,, They have an average D2 team .. I believe D2 is Woodbridge and Glasgow at this point and CA may knock on the door but their schedule may hurt them getting in the play-offs,,, ST G is still a mystery as well.. but I dont see any other contenders in D2

Last edited:
Reactions: bone_em_up
Hodgson and caravel game is a toss up... Hodgson is not a bad team at all... Haven't had a chance to see st George's yet to make any opinion on them but wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow is undefeated going into their week 10 match up with them. Hodgson has good size, solid backs and there quarterback looked pretty good tonight when he had time. Defense was solid too... Dragons just have some explosive playmakers

Hodgson and caravel game is a toss up... Hodgson is not a bad team at all... Haven't had a chance to see st George's yet to make any opinion on them but wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow is undefeated going into their week 10 match up with them. Hodgson has good size, solid backs and there quarterback looked pretty good tonight when he had time. Defense was solid too... Dragons just have some explosive playmakers
HVT has numbers infact D1 numbers and they always have size and athletes.. They made it work when they had Jones but for whatever reason with the numbers, size and athletes they have always been an average D2 team sans the Jones ERA

If Hodgson doesn't qualify as one of the more consistently solid programs in D2 not sure who does
In what time period?Mostly the South teams have dominated..Delmar had their time.. Laurel theirs.. ST E's had their time when the Patton Bros were there..Middletown when they were D2 ... Just saying with HVT numbers they should have dominated the D2 in the last decade but they havent.. Caravel has had their years but eban flows and nothing consistent year to year,, This could be Glasgows year.. no doubt. D2 doesnt have dynasty's Certainy not like what Newark or Sallies have had in the past in D1

So who is this D2 power that has dominated for all this supposed time that you speak of? Please share???
No one said that but just saying we are not sure this years HVT is a power,, certainly last years was not.. Its all all about this years teams.. past means nothing as HS teams turn over every year

Last nights win for the Dragons certainly makes them 3-0 and they have now proved that they can shock Seaford. McKean and HVT. I said it earlier this week-last nights game/win shows us they can play, but does not make them as talented as "anybody in the state".
....With that sked I think Glasgow has a real shot at 8-2/9-1 as well so it will be good to see another new face in the post-season.
....302dude- if you do not realize that HVT this year and last is not the same silver Eagles we are used to, you might want to watch a few more games. RR knows wtf he is talking about. And he (as I ) can truly be objective.
They move up in my rankings as well!

Can this thread end? 2 good teams played last night. Glasgow won. Now let's move on my friends.

It's ok to be wrong my friend... I keep forgetting that you and RR are the only ones on this board who actually know football.... Or in your words "know wtf your talking about"... Lol
no reason to be so defensive,,were using objective reasoning.. something that comes along when you no longer have a kid playing LOL.. for example I used to defend D2 as if it was just as good as D1 and used the numbers qualifier in my defense ...but watching it now there is not a D2 team that could beat a top 6 D1 team ,, There may have been in past but not this year.. also keep in mind no one is saying Glasgow is not a top 3 D2 team just not one of the most talented in the state which is the topic of this thread

302-
RR said it best- my issue was you saying they were as talented as anybody.....what do you expect??
If I came on here and said the Salesianum loss really was not as bad as it sounded.....I would expect posters to question that opinion.....rather viciously LOL

move on my man... Stand by my statement until you show me all these teams with so much more talented rosters outside of 3 or 4 usual suspects respectively.... No bias here big guy... If a team has talent they have talent.. It is what it is... But let's kill this post and move on

Let me end this conversation-

Glasgow is a very good team relative to the teams they have to compete against in their division. Relative to smyrna they aren't competitive. Relative to caravel they might as well be smyrna. It's all relative.

outside of maybe Middletown no team can hang with Smyrna... So definitely it's all relative... Doesn't negate a team with talent..some of Glasgows skill players could start for any team in the state... But please let's move on

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
move on my man... Stand by my statement until you show me all these teams with so much more talented rosters outside of 3 or 4 usual suspects respectively.... No bias here big guy... If a team has talent they have talent.. It is what it is... But let's kill this post and move on
what are you considering "talented" individuals or team? Yes Glasgow has some individual talent but nothing close to the individual talent Smyrna has.. Talent as a team they are not in the conversation as one of the most talented teams in the state

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawnsky

Its all good...even if you are biased-that's fine too. It was not personal at all. You posted an opinion- people disagreed......good grief dog.

Beer me already LOL

In what time period?Mostly the South teams have dominated..Delmar had their time.. Laurel theirs.. ST E's had their time when the Patton Bros were there..Middletown when they were D2 ... Just saying with HVT numbers they should have dominated the D2 in the last decade but they havent.. Caravel has had their years but eban flows and nothing consistent year to year,, This could be Glasgows year.. no doubt. D2 doesnt have dynasty's Certainy not like what Newark or Sallies have had in the past in D1
Some HVT numbers the last decade ( 2006-2016) 07 states champs 09 state finalist runner-ups 11 semi finalist team 12 state finalist runner -ups 13 & 14 state champs IMO looks like solid program to me

Reactions: fanoffootball123
HVT has also had a nice run in baseball and now that Sobo is back....basketball will be reinvigorated ...if that is a word.

Wait a second, lets think about the title of this post. Did anyone see Glasgow 3-0? 302 called it and this team should be recognized. I honestly wanted to get up there last night, my schedule was just too tight. Keep roaring Dragons.

Reactions: bone_em_up
This is the most dragon talk since GoT season finale.

[All-ECAC selection, 3 year starter at SS for Villanova Wildcats under Coach Andy Talley who has been at the helm since the programs 1985 revival (great camps very imformative) and will be stepping down at the conclusion of the 2016 season.]........#3?

Great start, keep it rolling Dragons.

Hvt is a good program. I can see them at 7-3 and qualify for the playoffs. They are big and have decent skill.

The only thing the Dragons should be worried about is the Yellow Jackets. It's rivalry week! A Glasgow supporter pops up and all of a sudden it's the coach? I am an 85 grad of ghigh and know the coaches. I know they can care less about public opinion on depreps. Lol. A 4-0 start would be enough to say there is talent. With this theory I guess HSfball is Delpercio and Bluetea is Dinardo. Lol. This board gets funnier and funnier by the day.

Good luck Dragons.

Some HVT numbers the last decade ( 2006-2016) 07 states champs 09 state finalist runner-ups 11 semi finalist team 12 state finalist runner -ups 13 & 14 state champs IMO looks like solid program to me
They also have 80 kids out for football every year,, that is more than most D1 teams.they should have won the chip every year JMHO..

Reactions: Jawnsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT