ADVERTISEMENT

CR

myrealname

In the weight room getting big
Sep 11, 2008
what a team effort by the riders! So many of those young men stepped up to the challenge tonight! Never saw that coming. When Kerr lost I saw it coming together. There was a fire in that team! Holder beating Moyer again, Ben Anderson over Kelley and of course Abdullah keeping Davis to a decision! Swore Davis was gonna go out and win that one for Smyrna. Great job Caesar Rodney!

Yes he has, I don’t think anyone in the state would argue that there are two coaches more deserving of “coach of the year” then Glanden in D2 and Rigby in D1. I think both of these programs are doing great things and we will definitely see more of them in the future. Hate to say it but I don’t see Milford in the mix after this year, and possibly the same for Smyrna (though Smyrna will always find a way to be tough)

Reactions: pinemagain
Can I just say.... Individual Conferences and States is gonna be quite interesting after some of the upsets and close matches individually yesterday.... now if we could only figure out which weight classes some of these boys are ACTUALLY going to wrestle?!? ;)
106 should be really fun. After dropping matches to wisniewski and ankrom in the same week natarcola came back and beat them in the same day. Haven't seen the 106 from delmar but that weight class has produced some good matches.

Reactions: anon_2etc7zewo6e8d
Yes he has, I don’t think anyone in the state would argue that there are two coaches more deserving of “coach of the year” then Glanden in D2 and Rigby in D1. I think both of these programs are doing great things and we will definitely see more of them in the future. Hate to say it but I don’t see Milford in the mix after this year, and possibly the same for Smyrna (though Smyrna will always find a way to be tough)
what are you talking about lol people said same thing last year. Milford has a very young team

what are you talking about lol people said same thing last year. Milford has a very young team
Simply basing it off of observation, and I could be incorrect in my assumption. Losing several key guys always hurts. And then looking at the middle school teams always helps to shed some light on the future..

Simply basing it off of observation, and I could be incorrect in my assumption. Losing several key guys always hurts. And then looking at the middle school teams always helps to shed some light on the future..
&
Last year they lost a state champ two 3rds one 4th & one 6th.. This year only losing 2

Maybe its just me but not sure D 2 is a lock for coach of the year! Lost in finals to a team they beat a few weeks ago and I would guess he has the most coaches team points deducted!

Reactions: anon_2etc7zewo6e8d
Maybe its just me but not sure D 2 is a lock for coach of the year! Lost in finals to a team they beat a few weeks ago and I would guess he has the most coaches team points deducted!
Lol could be an accurate statistic. Who would be your vote?

Could make a case for Milford coach for making some adjustments to win! Could also make a case for Woodbridge and Archmere coaches ! Not sure how long its been since there schools have made the tournament!
Just my opinion!

Would like to see the DMA coach as this is his last year- was hoping they’d advance to semis but archmere showed up ready for battle

I have always been an advocate for the guy that wins the title should get coach of the year, there have been years where there are exceptions. This year I'm not sure how you don't go with Rigby and Parsley. Milford was written off before the season started, then after losses to IR and Laurel they had to come from the 3 seed to win it. Coach Parsley made some changes in his practice and then some adjustment in the match ups and turned around those two loses.
Caesar Rodney was never given a chance this year. Then just like Milford, losses to Salesianum and Smyrna just a week before the duals many didn't even see them making the finals. Coach Rigby did the same thing with adjustments in their line up and turned around both losses for a state title.
You can count on your hand now many times a 3 seed has won the state title in wrestling. The committee seems to usually get it right, but some years the will to win is bigger.

You can tell I’ve been out of the wrestling loop for a few years. Have no idea who hardly any of these kids anymore lmao. Anybody do individual rankings anymore?

Archmere, Woodbridge or DMA? Is this a participation trophy now? I don't agree that winner gets it, but what a coach does with the talent they have is big. I would say laurels glannden if it weren't for the sportsmanship issues through the year. I'd go Windish or Parsley D2 and Rigby D1. How many of the CR kids did you know before the season? Bet you knew all of those Smyrna names.

Cr had a huge win over the Smyrmiddletocaravelsals Eagles! Teehee. Sorry guys but it was texted to me and I found it funny.

Reactions: wtc76
Cr had a huge win over the Smyrmiddletocaravelsals Eagles! Teehee. Sorry guys but it was texted to me and I found it funny.

Smyrna Prep does the best with what they got. Lmao. Kurt is a great collector of talent but he lacks in the coaching aspect if you ask me. He has lost control of his team over the last few years. There is no discipline, kids trying to fight each other at practice, getting caught smoking weed while away at a tournament. Kids pouring urine on a teammate and the piss poor show of sportsmanship we have seen this year. The best thing for Smyrna would be if Kurt retired this year. They need a young guy that can connect and take control of the room again. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: wtc76
While I’m hyped over the old school, CR winning. Adults please remember to win with grace. All the teams that competed this weekend deserve respect and congrats on a tremendous season. As a life long rider, pre k through high school, we never joked or poked fun at our competition, we are better than that, enjoy the ship #riderpride

While I’m hyped over the old school, CR winning. Adults please remember to win with grace. All the teams that competed this weekend deserve respect and congrats on a tremendous season. As a life long rider, pre k through high school, we never joked or poked fun at our competition, we are better than that, enjoy the ship #riderpride
Thank you & these are adults smh they dont say shit when someone transfer to their school

Thank you & these are adults smh they dont say shit when someone transfer to their school

We dont get many transfers down our way, wrestling isnt our number one sport...lol but i never said Smyrna was the only school with transfers. They just have had alot of great talent choice in over the recent years. I want to see what Kurt can do with a kid that came from the feeder program and was groomed by him. Im no expert and i may not always be right. But i speak what i feel is the truth. I must be doing something right if feathers are getting ruffled. Ive followed this forum for a very long time and have seen so many posts about how great Smyrna is and they are the only team that goes out if state for competition and so on. Honestly, how do you have a team filled with so much talent upset in the state finals back to back years? Coming from a school that struggles to fill a full team and has to give up several forefits i kind of envy a team like Smyrna who always has so much depth. What is it that attracts the kids? Is there a sign on bonus? Lmao.

Reactions: Dahammer23
We dont get many transfers down our way, wrestling isnt our number one sport...lol but i never said Smyrna was the only school with transfers. They just have had alot of great talent choice in over the recent years. I want to see what Kurt can do with a kid that came from the feeder program and was groomed by him. Im no expert and i may not always be right. But i speak what i feel is the truth. I must be doing something right if feathers are getting ruffled. Ive followed this forum for a very long time and have seen so many posts about how great Smyrna is and they are the only team that goes out if state for competition and so on. Honestly, how do you have a team filled with so much talent upset in the state finals back to back years? Coming from a school that struggles to fill a full team and has to give up several forefits i kind of envy a team like Smyrna who always has so much depth. What is it that attracts the kids? Is there a sign on bonus? Lmao.

Good post, Kurt’s name itself is worth it. One of the most recognizable names in De wrestling. I agree, it will be cool to see what him and the staff is doing with the feeder program. lol on the signing bonus

Two of those transfer actually came up through the Smyrna feeder program, chose to go to a private school and then came back home.

Two of those transfer actually came up through the Smyrna feeder program, chose to go to a private school and then came back home.

Im aware Kelley and Dailey were from Smyrna. I was talking about the likes of Archangelo, Baum, Davis, the new kid at 113(cant begin to spell that name). Smyrna has been blessed with talent.

Lmao, see I said i was not always correct. Here i had it all wrong the whole time. Thanks for the clarification! Down my way we get confused easy. Lol

I think Howell is a good coach. They do seem to always get good transfers but I think that's because Howell is a good coach and kids want to wrestle for him. Think they just get a little overconfident. See you kids in Milford!

Reactions: 84rider
The 113 was a first year wrestler (as a freshman) and had always lived in Smyrna from what i’ve heard..

You are correct, Jaxson (113) has always lived in Smyrna with his biological mother. His biological father has a home in Middletown which made it easier for him to attend school in that area due to days of custody. Not that this is any of anybody's business, but maybe you should actually ask somebody before you make comments on something you know nothing about. Are there others that did not live in Smyrna and were school-choiced... sure. Same thing can be said for CR as well as a few other schools. But bottom line, if you want to know why or how or whatever, ASK THEM. Don't sit on here and make assumptions because we all know what that makes out of you.... ;)

oops... just reread ~ the "you" was not intended for WrestlingFan1994 but directed at other individuals who keep this drama crap going. (sorry dude)

Last edited:
You are correct, Jaxson (113) has always lived in Smyrna with his biological mother. His biological father has a home in Middletown which made it easier for him to attend school in that area due to days of custody. Not that this is any of anybody's business, but maybe you should actually ask somebody before you make comments on something you know nothing about. Are there others that did not live in Smyrna and were school-choiced... sure. Same thing can be said for CR as well as a few other schools. But bottom line, if you want to know why or how or whatever, ASK THEM. Don't sit on here and make assumptions because we all know what that makes out of you.... ;)

oops... just reread ~ the "you" was not intended for WrestlingFan1994 but directed at other individuals who keep this drama crap going. (sorry dude)

How is it you seem to know so much about everyone in the state? Oh thats probably because you spend more time with opposing families at matches than your own team. Or so ive heard. Lol didnt someone on here tell you to create another account in another thread so you could go troll yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT